Overall love

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Yes, yes, it's possible to love a phone. Heck, you sleep next to it, don't you? Rate this thread to indicate your love for the Huawei Mate 20, all things considered. A higher rating indicates that the Huawei Mate 20 is an incredible phone that you enjoy tremendously. You love it. :eek:

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

kentroger1

May 29, 2015
I've received my Mate 20 pro in Twilight colour. Got it yesterday, but I'm holding off on it until the weekend to play with it. Here in Norway in does not come with the clear case unfortunatly, but I've ordered a few to come soon hopefully.

Jul 13, 2017
I've received my Mate 20 pro in Twilight colour. Got it yesterday, but I'm holding off on it until the weekend to play with it. Here in Norway in does not come with the clear case unfortunatly, but I've ordered a few to come soon hopefully.

Where did you get yours? Same situation here also from Norway. I find some on various websites but its only the 4GB model. Is yours too or did you get the 6GB one?

Apr 30, 2016
I got it a few days ago and I am seriously impressed overall, especially with the hardware.

Previously I had a HTC 10 which I loved dearly, but was betrayed by a fast degrading battery (see HTC 10 forum, 90% of threads are about it). It got to the point where i had to permanently dock the phone to a bank because it could no longer hold a charge.

This thing though, oh boy. The fact that I don't have to charge it for 2 days is enough of a reason for me to love it. I need to get used to how big phones are these days, I've already dropped it once trying to lock the phone with one hand starting with a grip on the upper half of the phone (I know, real awkward, had doritos grease on the other hand). I can barely toss a ball in pokemon go now because it's so weird moving my finger the extra distance. I've also had to scale down all the UI elements so my eyes can read everything more easily like my last phone.

It's a ton of fun though. I will be sure to look after this thing's health more than my HTC, with greenify and a native Android Oreo OS, I hope I don't have to change phones for a long time.

ibila

Apr 5, 2009
Have been using it for 24 hrs now. Comming from a OnePlus 6 the battery is amazing and I love the camera! Great phone overall.

Nplus1

Mar 2, 2009
Paris
Yep, got one last weekend also (Midnight Blue) and coming from a 2 year old Galaxy S7 Edge I'm blown away by the battery life! I'm at 9h of SOT after 1 day and 19h off the charger and I'm still at 28% LOL! It's almost indecent, that's what it is! And this is just my first charge... I happily give up wireless charging for this kind of battery performance. The S7 Edge barely gets 4h of SOT and something like 30h before dying. And it's not just the battery capacity, it's also about the OS optimization which the Samsung messed up about 1 year ago.

Although still not a perfect device, it does some things so well (impressive battery, remarkable screen - I'm looking at it next to my S7 Edge and I can't believe it's an LCD!, tiny notch, superb - I'd say flawless - construction) that in my opinion brings it closer to 5 stars than to 4 stars

Reactions: ibila

flipp0

Jun 2, 2013
Yep, got one last weekend also (Midnight Blue) and coming from a 2 year old Galaxy S7 Edge I'm blown away by the battery life! I'm at 9h of SOT after 1 day and 19h off the charger and I'm still at 28% LOL! It's almost indecent, that's what it is! And this is just my first charge... I happily give up wireless charging for this kind of battery performance. The S7 Edge barely gets 4h of SOT and something like 30h before dying. And it's not just the battery capacity, it's also about the OS optimization which the Samsung messed up about 1 year ago.

Although still not a perfect device, it does some things so well (impressive battery, remarkable screen - I'm looking at it next to my S7 Edge and I can't believe it's an LCD!, tiny notch, superb - I'd say flawless - construction) that in my opinion brings it closer to 5 stars than to 4 stars

I agree, battery life is insane on this phone. I tracked my battery consumption for one month using AccuBattery. On average I had a 4% drop in battery life for every screen on hour. The corresponding number for OnePlus 6T was 7%. Everything on this phone is top notch except EMUI.

Nplus1

Mar 2, 2009
Paris
I agree, battery life is insane on this phone. I tracked my battery consumption for one month using AccuBattery. On average I had a 4% drop in battery life for every screen on hour. The corresponding number for OnePlus 6T was 7%. Everything on this phone is top notch except EMUI.
Yes, that's more or less what GSam Battery Monitor shows me, around 4-5% battery usage during screen on. At the same time I get around 4% battery drain per 48h due to wakelocks, mostly Play Store Services localisation (GPS always on).
Useful information about the 6T by the way. I almost got that one for the OS and the in-screen fingerprint scanner, but I couldn't get pass the much higher than average SAR value. I expected the Mate 20 to have better battery life than the 6T (even with its LCD screen), but I didn't expect it to be this good.

flipp0

Jun 2, 2013
Yes, that's more or less what GSam Battery Monitor shows me, around 4-5% battery usage during screen on. At the same time I get around 4% battery drain per 48h due to wakelocks, mostly Play Store Services localisation (GPS always on).
Useful information about the 6T by the way. I almost got that one for the OS and the in-screen fingerprint scanner, but I couldn't get pass the much higher than average SAR value. I expected the Mate 20 to have better battery life than the 6T (even with its LCD screen), but I didn't expect it to be this good.
I actually think Mate 20 is superior OP6T in almost every way except the user interface. I bought a used OP6T since I was dissatisfied with EMUI on Mate 20. However, after using OP6T a couple of days I sold it and went back to Mate 20 for the following reasons.
- As already mentioned, the battery life is clearly better on Mate 20.
- Mate 20 is the prettier phone, smaller bezels and overall nicer looking compared to OP6T.
- Speed is more or less the same but I felt that Mate 20 was slightly faster when opening apps.
- The rear camera is slightly better on Mate 20. Probably due to the large 1.55um pixels on the main rear sensor on Mate 20. I also missed the ultra wide angle sensor on OP6T.
- I like the screen quality better on Mate 20. Blacks are deeper on OP6T due to AMOLED but bright backgrounds look better on Mate 20 and I also felt that the screen on Mate 20 was more crisp and vibrant.
- The screen size is clearly larger on Mate 20 due to 6,53 inch and 18:7 aspect ratio. The screen on OP6T is too narrow and do not feel that much larger than a regular 6 inch 18:9 screen.

The hardware design of Mate 20 with the UI of OP6T would more or less be the perfect smartphone. :)

Last edited:

manne49

May 12, 2015
I got this one yesterday, very good phone... Good price relation and a nice breezel....

Gesendet von meinem HMA-L29 mit Tapatalk

manne49

May 12, 2015
I got this one yesterday, very good phone... Good price relation and a nice breezel....

Gesendet von meinem HMA-L29 mit Tapatalk
I gave the mate20 back
,as a Note fan,N2n3n4n5.....now I'm back home with a Note 9!The mate is a good phone,no doubt, but for me the N9 is definitely the better phone.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N960F mit Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I actually think Mate 20 is superior OP6T in almost every way except the user interface. I bought a used OP6T since I was dissatisfied with EMUI on Mate 20. However, after using OP6T a couple of days I sold it and went back to Mate 20 for the following reasons.
    - As already mentioned, the battery life is clearly better on Mate 20.
    - Mate 20 is the prettier phone, smaller bezels and overall nicer looking compared to OP6T.
    - Speed is more or less the same but I felt that Mate 20 was slightly faster when opening apps.
    - The rear camera is slightly better on Mate 20. Probably due to the large 1.55um pixels on the main rear sensor on Mate 20. I also missed the ultra wide angle sensor on OP6T.
    - I like the screen quality better on Mate 20. Blacks are deeper on OP6T due to AMOLED but bright backgrounds look better on Mate 20 and I also felt that the screen on Mate 20 was more crisp and vibrant.
    - The screen size is clearly larger on Mate 20 due to 6,53 inch and 18:7 aspect ratio. The screen on OP6T is too narrow and do not feel that much larger than a regular 6 inch 18:9 screen.

The hardware design of Mate 20 with the UI of OP6T would more or less be the perfect smartphone. :)