[Q] Help: Android M8 Viperone

Search This thread

roll7

May 8, 2014
Hello,

I am new to Android. Have a HTC One M8 with Viperone Rom. I have moved from iPhone.

I have done some thorough research but sometimes can't find a straight answer. I hope you guys can help give me some guidance. Some questions may be totally ridiculous so excuse my ignorance.

Questions about Lock Screen:

1. How can I modify lock screen? I would like something similar to iOS.
2. There are lock screen launchers on the app store, is there other alternatives? App store launchers feels like add-ons to stock lock screen - doesn't feel smooth nor secure.
3. Access notification panel on lock screen? Even without entering pass code?
4. Better music controls like iOS?

Questions about Home Screen:

1. How to modify launcher? Any home screens that mimic windows phone 8 live tiles?
2. Can I get Google Now Launcher for Viperone Rom?
3. Can I enable/disable widgets to save on battery life?
4. Is there a way of replacing blinkfeed with google now or an entire full screen app such as faceboook or flipboard?

Questions about Notification Panel:

1. Any iOS-like notification panel?
2. Control Center like panel with unified music controls?

Questions about Battery Life:

1. My battery life is very bad. 3 hours with screen on over a whole day period - See attached. Is that normal?
2. What is the most common GPU Governor? I had mine on ONDEMAND but now moved to conservate. Makes a difference with battery life?

Questions about Viperone and Sense:

1. Is there multi-tasking dual app function?
2. I don't see any sound enhancer option?
3. No switch for changing from 4G to 3G to 2G mobile radio?
4. Activator like function?
5. Can I disable Google Now switch up home button function? Sometimes it's really sensitive and buggy?

Sorry for the numerous questions! But if anyone can answer them all for me it will be greatly appreciated!!

Regards,

RollZ

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-11-18-49-41.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-11-18-49-41.png
    96 KB · Views: 167

Jaxellis

Sep 19, 2011
Nevada
Samsung Galaxy S20
Lockscreen:
You can change it to the AOSP lockscreen in the Viper tweaks and see if you like that (look under the lockscreen section)
I believe you can already access the notification bar while one the lockscreen unless changed in viper tweaks

Homescreen:
To have a windows tiled homescreen you can try Launcher 8
Google Now Launcher Cant download from the play store and have to download the apk, and install and keep it updated yourself....
You can remove The blinkfeed page but i do not believe you can replace it... Not to my knowledge
To disable widgets just delete it off the homescreen ... hold widget and drag to top

Notification Panels:
There aren't many ways to change the notification panel. But you can look in the Viper Tweaks and change what you want in there.
Music controls can be used on the lockscreen and notification panel, other than that Not quite sure

Battery
My phone usually lasts 24-48 hrs with texting and social things. be sure to use the power saver setting under battery in the settings. It helps a bit
I'd leave all that alone and stock. 1ghz cpu and ondemand govener. This phone is powerful and doesn't require 2ghz

Other:
I dont believe there is any one sense for dual app things... maybe someone else can come by and answer that
There are no music enhancements on the htc one m8 its just whats already there (I may get corrected) But I use power amp to tune my music how i want it. The audio is nice on this phone already. If you need a music enhancer check out Harman/Kardon mod Make sure you are S-off to avoid problems... S-off ing doesnt take that much experience and it self explanatory! Its good to have !
Not sure why you would want to be switching... but you can turn off LTE by going to setting and clicking on Mobile Data (not the on/off switch) and network mode and changing it that way or go into Venom Tweaks and the misc options and click phone info and there is a pop down menu with a bunch of options
Activator?
Not sure if you can switch the home button but you can go into Settings>apps>All and click Google Search and hit disable and if you ever want it back just go back to it and hit enable

I hope i help a little ! Have a nice night!

Reactions: roll7

roll7

May 8, 2014
Hello,

Thanks for your answers bilbox...but that stuff I already know.

But more technical stuff.

Tried AOSP lock screen from viper tweaks...its okay but don't see a camera shortcut like it should be.

notification panel I find can only be access if ur phone is within the time period set by the auto lock.

Notification panel tweaks are still very limited - and doesn't look as nice as iOS. No blurred translucency? and control center access with unified music controls? Some easy access widgets would be nice.

Launcher 8 I know but haven't tried...dunno how comprehensively good it is at mimics all features of home screen.

Widgets I know how to remove but is there a way to temporoarily disable for saving ram and battery?

Also can u have unlimited home pages? If no blinkfeed mod replacement that would be awesome mod request idea! Wouldn't it be great to swipe to have instant Facebook/messaging?

Probs have no choice but to tone down CPU settings for stupid battery.

How bout tweaks for auto switching mobile signal off while WiFi is on. I have a basic tasker set up but tasker says it has can't control certain settings aspect unless "rooted" which I Am!

Anyone can help answer other queries I have would be fantastic!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

wtfdic

Sep 20, 2011
Peabody, Ma
Hello,

Thanks for your answers bilbox...but that stuff I already know.

But more technical stuff.

Tried AOSP lock screen from viper tweaks...its okay but don't see a camera shortcut like it should be.

notification panel I find can only be access if ur phone is within the time period set by the auto lock.

Notification panel tweaks are still very limited - and doesn't look as nice as iOS. No blurred translucency? and control center access with unified music controls? Some easy access widgets would be nice.

Launcher 8 I know but haven't tried...dunno how comprehensively good it is at mimics all features of home screen.

Widgets I know how to remove but is there a way to temporoarily disable for saving ram and battery?

Also can u have unlimited home pages? If no blinkfeed mod replacement that would be awesome mod request idea! Wouldn't it be great to swipe to have instant Facebook/messaging?

Probs have no choice but to tone down CPU settings for stupid battery.

How bout tweaks for auto switching mobile signal off while WiFi is on. I have a basic tasker set up but tasker says it has can't control certain settings aspect unless "rooted" which I Am!

Anyone can help answer other queries I have would be fantastic!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Perhaps for your lockscreen try an app like widget locker...Lot of customization there once you get the right widgets. You could use Zooper or UCCW to create your own widgets as well.

There are good amount of notification panel tweaks in Venom Tweaks. That combined with Statusbar themes in the Hub should give you all the customization you would need.

What exactly do you think disabling widgets would save for battery life/ram? Probably better off looking into what is draining your battery so fast if that is an issue. Use an app like Better Battery Stats and as far as ram goes the phone has plenty so really no need to worry about it. Android itself actually does a pretty good job managing resources.

If you setup wifi and leave it on it should auto switch between mobile data/wifi when within or out of range. Leaving wifi on should not drain battery to much if properly configured.

You can not have unlimited home screens. I believe the limit in Viper is 5 and that can be increased to 7 using the Sense 6 Toolbox xposed module.

mishmomo

Jul 4, 2014
Notification pulldown tweaks aren't applying

I realize this is kind of an old thread.

I just installed ViperOne (6.2.0) on my HTC One M7 (AT&T). Android v. 4.4.2, Sense v. 6.0. I know this thread is for M8, but I doubt this would be an issue.

I've messed with the tweaks quite a bit and pretty much have everything the way I want, except for the notification pulldown screen. It has the weather and HEQS. I don't want these here.

I have Googled, read the User Guide on the Venom website, restarted the status bar on the phone, restarted the phone (quick and full), but I cannot hide the weather or HEQS. I tried the suggestions on the User Guide to make the notification area look more like stock.

Am I missing something? I very well could be.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Last edited:

roll7

May 8, 2014
I realize this is kind of an old thread.

I just installed ViperOne (6.2.0) on my HTC One M7 (AT&T). Android v. 4.4.2, Sense v. 6.0. I know this thread is for M8, but I doubt this would be an issue.

I've messed with the tweaks quite a bit and pretty much have everything the way I want, except for the notification pulldown screen. It has the weather and HEQS. I don't want these here.

I have Googled, read the User Guide on the Venom website, restarted the status bar on the phone, restarted the phone (quick and full), but I cannot hide the weather or HEQS. I tried the suggestions on the User Guide to make the notification area look more like stock.

Am I missing something? I very well could be.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Hello,

I don't have weather nor HEQS on my notification pull down.

Under venon tweaks > status bar, I have HEQS Style set to original and the Hide/Show Quick settings/Quick Launch set to Off. If you scroll futher down to the Notification pull down tweaks section, click weather and click hide, to hide the weather.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Learner00

Aug 29, 2014
Homescreen

Dear friends, I just locked the workspace of homescreen. How do I unlock it? Searched and tried everything. Can't move anything on homescreen. Please help!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lockscreen:
    You can change it to the AOSP lockscreen in the Viper tweaks and see if you like that (look under the lockscreen section)
    I believe you can already access the notification bar while one the lockscreen unless changed in viper tweaks

Homescreen:
    To have a windows tiled homescreen you can try Launcher 8
    Google Now Launcher Cant download from the play store and have to download the apk, and install and keep it updated yourself....
    You can remove The blinkfeed page but i do not believe you can replace it... Not to my knowledge
    To disable widgets just delete it off the homescreen ... hold widget and drag to top

Notification Panels:
    There aren't many ways to change the notification panel. But you can look in the Viper Tweaks and change what you want in there.
    Music controls can be used on the lockscreen and notification panel, other than that Not quite sure

Battery
    My phone usually lasts 24-48 hrs with texting and social things. be sure to use the power saver setting under battery in the settings. It helps a bit
    I'd leave all that alone and stock. 1ghz cpu and ondemand govener. This phone is powerful and doesn't require 2ghz

Other:
    I dont believe there is any one sense for dual app things... maybe someone else can come by and answer that
    There are no music enhancements on the htc one m8 its just whats already there (I may get corrected) But I use power amp to tune my music how i want it. The audio is nice on this phone already. If you need a music enhancer check out Harman/Kardon mod Make sure you are S-off to avoid problems... S-off ing doesnt take that much experience and it self explanatory! Its good to have !
    Not sure why you would want to be switching... but you can turn off LTE by going to setting and clicking on Mobile Data (not the on/off switch) and network mode and changing it that way or go into Venom Tweaks and the misc options and click phone info and there is a pop down menu with a bunch of options
    Activator?
    Not sure if you can switch the home button but you can go into Settings>apps>All and click Google Search and hit disable and if you ever want it back just go back to it and hit enable

I hope i help a little ! Have a nice night!