Relocked bootloader brick

Search This thread

apacseven

Aug 10, 2011
Not sure whats happening with your downloads, but I was able to download both original links (VRALEC and VRALF) and the MD5 matched with MD5 checker and Odin also said the MD5 was ok. Try the downloads again.

Firstsage

Sep 22, 2012
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> BOOTLOADER-I535VRALF2-618049-REV09-user-low-ship.tar-2- (2).md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...

I think i figured it out. The file ext looked odd, so I took off the -2-
Im not getting the same error any longer.
I am getting a failure though.

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> BOOTLOADER-I535VRALF2-618049-REV09-user-low-ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

I think i figured it out. The file ext looked odd, so I took off the -2-
Im not getting the same error any longer.
I am getting a failure though.

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> BOOTLOADER-I535VRALF2-618049-REV09-user-low-ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Figured it out. The file name with the -2- at the end was messing it up for some reason... Not sure why.
Had to follow these from : h3llsdr0id (Thank you!!)
1: Flashed the first bootchain as described.
2: Unplugged my device while leaving it in "Downloading Mode".
3: Exited ODIN and then restarted it.
4: Plugged my device back in while still in "Downloading Mode".
5: Flashed the second bootchain.
6: Repeated steps 2, 3, and 4.
7: Then flashed root66.

root66 seems to be loading now. Keeping my fingers crossed!

aznguyen316

Feb 8, 2007
Are you on dropbox? I've found the camera upload feature terrific for backing up any and all pics. It was a solid alternative to iOS' photostream which synced to my PC whenever I was on wifi. For future photo back up purposes I suppose. Sorry about your pics.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you can boot to download mode still, you can Odin back. That's the great thing about Odin, doesn't matter what state your phone is in as long as you can get to download mode, it'll take care of the rest.
    Vol Down + home key + power - do this while booting.

I assume you did what several of us did and used the ez-unlock tool? The update for that app actually is broken temporarily, mmeff said he's gonna fix it later tonight. Here is an old v1.2 I managed to find that works flawlessly.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42057363/com.mmmeff.ez.unlock_3.apk
    Actually it sounds like what he did was re lock his bootloader with a custom kernel on the phone. Because the update broke the unlocking part of the app his bootloader stayed locked and with a custom kernel on the device the subsequent reboot caused it to fail Verizon's signature check.

OP: Use the stock root66 Odin file in the stickies to restore stock.

This is what i did. I have lost all data that was on there. I even lost the CWM backups that were saved the the internal storage. So i couldnt flash back to any of those. Starting from square one.. and it sucks.

Edit:I found an old back up on my desktop. Flashed it and it was going really slow. I downloaded a rom, and flashed that. Then it took me right back to the VERIZON screen saying there was unauthorized software again.. What am i doing wrong? The bootloader app says the boot loader is unlocked.. maybe ill try the APK file from this thread instead of the market.
    im late to this thread but there is a guide in the development section that would of saved you alot of hassle as all your issues are explained there...hmmm I wonder who wrote that?
    Hey guys,
    Im new, but I am stuck. I am a victim of this as well. I am trying to use the instructions in the [HOW-TO] Unbrick your soft bricked Galaxy S III thread but Odin says that the VRALF bootchain file has a bad MD5 Hash value. The original link is bad, the file does not download. I was able to download from the mirror and the MD5 for that file does match the download, but for some reason Odin doesnt like it....
    Im stuck. Can someone send me a file they have used? I just got this phone today....
    Any help would be VERY appreciated.

Whats the error that Odin is giving you?