[ROM][6.0.1] CyanogenMod 13 for Exhibit/Ace 2e [T599/N/V][METICULUS]

Search This thread
M

Meticulus

CyanogenMod 13 is a free, community built distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone, tablet or PMP.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

These are CM13 builds for the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit, and Samsung Galaxy Ace 2e (SGH-T599, SGH-T599N, SGH-T599V). It may cause all the things in the disclaimer to happen, or steal your girlfriend while you are busy flashing ROMs.

GPL:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="Meticulus/android_kernel_samsung_codina" path="kernel/samsung/codina" remote="cm" revision="mm"/>
</manifest>

Warning: Currently, this ROM is an Alpha build and is not stable for daily use.

Download meticulus.co.vu
Gapps: here
Note: For opengapps you must create a config : https://github.com/opengapps/opengapps/wiki/Advanced-Features-and-Options#the-gapps-config-file
And in that file include the skipswypelibs keyword : https://github.com/opengapps/openga...nd-Options#skip-googles-swype-library-setting

Last edited:

skyzx

Jun 20, 2013
CyanogenMod 13 is a free, community built distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone, tablet or PMP.

These are CM13 builds for the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit, and Samsung Galaxy Ace 2e (SGH-T599, SGH-T599N, SGH-T599V). It may cause all the things in the disclaimer to happen, or steal your girlfriend while you are busy flashing ROMs.

GPL:

Warning: Currently, this ROM is an Alpha build and is not stable for daily use.

Download meticulus.co.vu
Gapps: ???[/QUOT

Tried the release dated 20160912. Am using twrp 2.8.0.0.
Flashing just your ROM, things looked pretty good, but got energetic and tried both the pico and nano opengapps.
After installing either of the opengapps zips, the aosp keyboard was so unstable that I could not do any typing.
On my attempt to install ROM and pico gapps at the same time, I got stuck in a boot loop after becoming frustrated with the keyboard issue. Installing ROM rebooting and then going back into recovery, installing gapps and then rebooting, the keyboard failed but so subsequent boot loop.
Still things look promising, please keep up the good work.
If there is anything specific I can do that would provide you with useful information, please let me know.

Thanks again.

M

Meticulus

Tried the release dated 20160912. Am using twrp 2.8.0.0.
Flashing just your ROM, things looked pretty good, but got energetic and tried both the pico and nano opengapps.
After installing either of the opengapps zips, the aosp keyboard was so unstable that I could not do any typing.
On my attempt to install ROM and pico gapps at the same time, I got stuck in a boot loop after becoming frustrated with the keyboard issue. Installing ROM rebooting and then going back into recovery, installing gapps and then rebooting, the keyboard failed but so subsequent boot loop.
Still things look promising, please keep up the good work.
If there is anything specific I can do that would provide you with useful information, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Hmm... Although I have not tried any gapps, I did not expect any issues with them. I have just gotten used to running without gapps. I'll investigate and find gapps that work or fix one up to work.. ;)

Note: please do not quote the OP. ;)

Last edited:
M

Meticulus

Gapps: modified these not to install keyboard related stuff: SEE OP

Last edited:

MastahF

Inactive Recognized Developer

skyzx

Jun 20, 2013
Thanks for the modified open gapps. Sorry for the trouble I caused.
I'll play around with trying to get the play store added to your release, as soon as my phone recharges. In trying the release, it seemed pretty good, but possibly a bit slow. Your 5.1 version is really very good indeed, fast and with excellent battery life. Please keep up the good work.
Hope I didn't quote things this time.

Sent from my BN Nook HD using XDA Free mobile app

M

Meticulus

Thanks for the modified open gapps. Sorry for the trouble I caused.
I'll play around with trying to get the play store added to your release, as soon as my phone recharges. In trying the release, it seemed pretty good, but possibly a bit slow. Your 5.1 version is really very good indeed, fast and with excellent battery life. Please keep up the good work.
Hope I didn't quote things this time.

Sent from my BN Nook HD using XDA Free mobile app

It's not your fault... I was unaware of the licensing and I was rushing... ;)

3liteking148

Jul 22, 2016
Quezon City
Haha..i think it can be installed on samsung s iii mini

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA-Developers mobile app

I tried to port it to i8190 and managed to make it boot however its stuck on starting apps screen.

88L7vPH.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mauam

Ascii3

Sep 17, 2015
I finally had an opportunity to try this alpha build on my SGH-T599N. I used the "cm-13.0-20160912-METICULUS-codinalte.zip" version with the fix-mtp patch.

In general the Meticulus CyanogenMod 13 ROM seemed to function better in speed performance than the Meticulus Carbon LP 5.1.1 ROM for the devices. This was expected and is normal for Android 6.0.1 in relation to Android 5.1.1.

I did find some bugs/issues that do not appear to have been previously mentioned. Those are:

Severe Issues:
  • At least 3G cellular data does not work. I did not test 2G data. A T-Mobile account with unlimited data (of all classes) was used to test.
  • Formatting SDCard (maybe also other volumes or attached storage?) fails and corrupts SDCard data. (Fails after displaying 20% progress) The SDCard is also not recognized until reboot (UNTESTED: or maybe reinsertion of SDCard)
    • Attempting to format SD Card as portable storage via the Settings App ( Storage & USB --> [Clicking o SD Card to Browse SD Card] --> [Invoke Pop-up menu] --> Settings --> Format --> ERASE & FORMAT ) fails partway and returns an error. See attached "Screenshot_Format_SDCard_Failure_Portable_Storage.png" picture for error message.
    • Attempting to format SD Card as internal storage storage (adopting the storage) via the Settings App ( Storage & USB --> [Clicking o SD Card to Browse SD Card] --> [Invoke Pop-up menu] --> Settings --> Format as internal --> ERASE & FORMAT ) fails partway and returns an error. There is a long delay at 20% progress before failure error is returned. See attached "Screenshot_Format_SDCard_Failure_As_Internal_Storage.png" picture for error message.
Other Important Issues:
  • Clicking the Back arrow in the Material Design navigation in the "Performance" category of the Settings options results in "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped" (see attached "Screenshot_Crash_Settings_Performance.png" picture for illustration). Using the hardware back button does not result in an error.
  • "Select USB Configuration" in "Developer options" state resets to "Charging" after reboot. Also, although the USB configuration status may have reset to Charging after reboot, MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) is always used on boot, regardless as to what the "Select USB Configuration" option was previously set to prior to boot.
  • SELinux not Enforced
Lesser Issues:
  • Manually Scanning for network operators results in integer numbers provided rather than network names.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Format_SDCard_Failure_Portable_Storage.png
    Screenshot_Format_SDCard_Failure_Portable_Storage.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 460
  • Screenshot_Format_SDCard_Failure_As_Internal_Storage.png
    Screenshot_Format_SDCard_Failure_As_Internal_Storage.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 451
  • Screenshot_Crash_Settings_Performance.png
    Screenshot_Crash_Settings_Performance.png
    50 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:

JesMJM

Feb 21, 2018
SD bug

Hello, i flashed this ROM and dint noticed that i need to format to install apps to the SD card (does not work), this is a big issue since the internal storage is low, ¿there is a a workaround for this? if not, I'll be back to carbon 5.1.1

[edit] how hard in to fix these bugs? (accelerometer stops working, 3G doesn't work, unstable wi-fi, etc) i do not know Java but C++, i really want this rom to be more usable, the os is super fluid compared to 4.1.2 and the UI is beautiful

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts