FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[THEME] Jumba's NeonGT 2.5 for JVR/JPx/JS3 (31.08 - NEW JVR PORT)

1,155 posts
Thanks Meter: 709

By Jumba, Senior Member on 4th January 2011, 10:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th January 2011, 09:34 AM |#501  
OP Senior Member
Flag Johannesburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Simply awesome, this is everything I wanted.

Quote:

THANK YOU very much... awesome work!!

Quote:

I have to say, this is the most polished theme i've ever tried.
excellent work Jumba.

Quote:

great theme! nice work. :)

Thanks guys.

Quote:

How come I don't get the black and green pin unlock screen? Do I have to do something special to enable that?

That's realy ususual. Perhaps try flashing again. Version 1.8.1 has green buttons and 1.8.2 has black buttons. Which version are you trying to flash?

Quote:

Astro file manager buttons is really black and unreadable.

Link to screen
http://db.tt/GpwI7hg

Quote:

Alarm clock buttons are too black, hard to see save-cancel...

Sent from Galaxy !

Thanks for the feedback. There will probably always be issues with certain apps when using the black button version. Unfortunately for some of them (eg Astro) there's not much I can do to fix it without editing each and every 3rd-party app that has this conflict (hopefully not too many) since I would have to make the changes each time they release an update. the question is, is it so much of a problem that you can't live with it?

When it comes to the stock system apps I am more than happy to fix any conflicts. At the moment my rom comes standard with DeskClock instead of the stock alarm app. I will need to install the apk if I can find it then I'll be able to fix the colours.

Thanks for the feedback. It's important that you let me know of any conflicts, especially with the core apps, so I can make the changes. I personally prefer the black button version and would like to make this the default moving forward. Of course your feedback will make this possible.

Keep it coming.

Quote:

I have the Problem that suddenly some Apps dissapears. I have tried out darkyys and docs rom and after a while the dial pad and the telephone book is away. The phone says that this app is not installed. I´ve tried it with Version 1.8.1 and 1.8.2. At 1.8.1 the Phones starts with a lot of force closes, also with a fresh flashed Rom. This problem was fixed with 1.8.2. I hope you will find a solution fastly, because i love this theme :)

This is unusual. The only time I've seen this happen is when you do a system wipe after installing, which will in 99% of cases cause a ton of force closes after boot. Are you sure you installed the two versions in exactly the same way?

Quote:

how long it takes to reboot to a new theme? till now my phone is still vibrating

It shouldn't vibrate at all. Please make sure you've installed according to the directions in the first post. i.e. DO NOT rename the zip file or use the option "Install update.zip". Install only using the option "Install zip from sd card", then "Choose zip from sd card". Reboot after install without doing anything else. Sometimes it helps to select "Wipe Dalvik Cache" and "Wipe cache partition" before installing. DO NOT choose "Wipe System Partition".

19th January 2011, 10:18 AM |#502  
Flag Durban
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Jumba..will this theme work with the newer js3 firmwares?

Sent from my GT-I9000
19th January 2011, 11:23 AM |#503  
OP Senior Member
Flag Johannesburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImraanK

Sent from my GT-I9000

Not sure. Of course you could try it and report back, heh. Porting the theme to different firmware versions isn't much of a priority right now. And to be honest, I wouldn't know where to start.

Edit: I'm struggling to find just the ClockPackage.apk from an XXJPY rom. If someone would be so kind as to send me the file I'll update the stock clock.
19th January 2011, 11:34 AM |#504  
Flag Pisa, Italy
Thanks Meter: 171

Donate to Me
More
@ Jumba / dena994

Can you please tell how to extract themes from roms and make flashable .zip so to have them in case we want to revert back to default one?
I think it's very important!
Thank you so much.

Sent from my GT-I9000/
JPY/SpeedMod using XDA App
19th January 2011, 11:45 AM |#505  
OP Senior Member
Flag Johannesburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRATA!

@ Jumba / dena994

Can you please tell how to extract themes from roms and make flashable .zip so to have them in case we want to revert back to default one?
I think it's very important!
Thank you so much.

Sent from my GT-I9000/

Hey dude, it's not too hard.

Using 7-zip or WinRAR, take a look inside the downloaded theme zip file. In there browse to the /system/framework and /system/app folders - these are the files that get installed.

What you need to do is make a note of the file names, then go to your phone and make a copy of the same files from /system/framework and /system/app to a folder on your sdcard.

Then copy this folder over to your pc.

Make a copy of the theme zip and call it e.g. mybackup.zip. Open mybackup.zip and copy the files you've backed up into their respective folders, overwriting the ones that are already there.

Close 7-zip/WinRAR and you're done.

Backup created. You can flash it using ClockworkMod recovery.
19th January 2011, 12:25 PM |#506  
Flag Carnon-plage
Thanks Meter: 43

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImraanK

Sent from my GT-I9000

Yes, it works flawlessly :)

GT-I9000, International Version, Unlocked, Unbranded.
DocRambone's XWJS3 Kitchen's v9.1 edition, Hardcore's K12P-500hz BigMem, Jumba's NeonGT 1.8.2 using Tapatalk Pro®
19th January 2011, 01:01 PM |#507  
OP Senior Member
Flag Johannesburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madfix

Yes, it works flawlessly :)

Nice! Thanks fro reporting back. I'll wait for a few more confirmations before adding it to the first post.
19th January 2011, 01:12 PM |#508  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 1,543

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumba

Nice! Thanks fro reporting back. I'll wait for a few more confirmations before adding it to the first post.

It works, don't worry. I have JS3 and my theme works on it, so yours will work too. You still need the clock?
19th January 2011, 01:38 PM |#509  
Flag Pisa, Italy
Thanks Meter: 171

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumba

Hey dude, it's not too hard.

Using 7-zip or WinRAR, take a look inside the downloaded theme zip file. In there browse to the /system/framework and /system/app folders - these are the files that get installed.

What you need to do is make a note of the file names, then go to your phone and make a copy of the same files from /system/framework and /system/app to a folder on your sdcard.

Then copy this folder over to your pc.

Make a copy of the theme zip and call it e.g. mybackup.zip. Open mybackup.zip and copy the files you've backed up into their respective folders, overwriting the ones that are already there.

Close 7-zip/WinRAR and you're done.

Backup created. You can flash it using ClockworkMod recovery.

..... and that's it??!??

So you say that inside in your themes there are only the same system files involved in stock Samsung theme, with no extra app or system apk, and most important with no omission of any of them?
What I mean: the file listed and present in your theme are all and the only involved in SGS themes?
I can just do this on any stock rom and coocked rom for making backup of their default theme?

Sent from my GT-I9000/
19th January 2011, 01:39 PM |#510  
Flag Durban
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Docs 9.1... confirmed

Sent from my GT-I9000
19th January 2011, 01:51 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Quote: