How can I root mini with ICS?

Search This thread

neomodus

Nov 2, 2010
Ok this is my question.

If you update to ICS 4.0.4 and want root it seems like you need to flash the kernel from 4.0.3 to be able to root according to some guides I checked our.
But how should we that use mini/mini pro that will get the update directly from Gb 2.3.4 to ICS 4.0.4 be able to root since we don't have any kernel from 4.0.3 to use?

Or can we root anyway?
Just wanted to check all this before the update arrives because if I can't root I will stay on Gb until root is possible.

Sorry if it's a noob question

Sent from my ST15i using xda premium

Last edited:

mohdaqib17

May 31, 2012
Lucknow
Ok this is my question.

If you update to ICS 4.0.4 and want root it seems like you need to flash the kernel from 4.0.3 to be able to root according to some guides I checked our.
But how should we that use mini/mini pro that will get the update directly from Gb 2.3.4 to ICS 4.0.4 be able to root since we don't have any kernel from 4.0.3 to use?

Or can we root anyway?
Just wanted to check all this before the update arrives because if I can't root I will stay on Gb until root is possible.

Other Way to root is to downgrade to gingerbread [Android 2.3] build number .42 or .58 using flashtools and the root it using any method and then using local.prop method and then flash ICS rom and root it..

For Complete Tutorial Click Here !
:)

DragonClawsAreSharp

Nov 1, 2011
Ok this is my question.

Or can we root anyway?

If you have unlocked boot loader you can try to flash the rootable kernel of Neo V 4.0.3 and test. It might just work. The phone will not boot. That's for sure. But it might just be able to allow to be pushed with the su and superuser files.
You can experiment if you want. Or, as my friend pointed up stairs you can check my tutorial and root it by android emulator hack.

Thanks,
Rick.

Sent from my SK17i using XDA