[Q] ROM\Kernel Questions

Search This thread
Mar 24, 2014
Hillsboro
Hi Everyone,
I'm currently rocking Wicked ROM v5 with SaberN3Kernel_10.7 on Android 4.3 and I have a few questions that I searched around for but couldn't find clear answers.

1. When I'm ready to upgrade to KitKat or whatever version is out by then, can I just use OTA update from T-Mobile or do I need to flash the stock ROM myself using ODIN?
  2. If I ever wanted to flash a new custom ROM or a stock ROM would I still have Saber Kernel or would it get overwritten by whatever the new ROM came with?

Thanks In Advanced,
Art

FFTony

Feb 9, 2014
St Louis
Hi Everyone,
I'm currently rocking Wicked ROM v5 with SaberN3Kernel_10.7 on Android 4.3 and I have a few questions that I searched around for but couldn't find clear answers.

1. When I'm ready to upgrade to KitKat or whatever version is out by then, can I just use OTA update from T-Mobile or do I need to flash the stock ROM myself using ODIN?
  2. If I ever wanted to flash a new custom ROM or a stock ROM would I still have Saber Kernel or would it get overwritten by whatever the new ROM came with?

Thanks In Advanced,
Art

1. If you are running g a custom ROM you will need to download the official version from sammobile.com and then flash using odin. The OTA does not work if using a custom ROM.

2. When you upgrade to 4.4 you will loose root and your kernel. It's just as easy to root 4.4 as it was 4.3. If you have a custom kernel and you flash a new ROM most of the time you are given a choice if you want to flash their kernel or not. If it does flash their kernel you can always reflash the one you want. Just as a side note, if you upgrade to 4.4 make sure your kernel is built for 4.4.

SM-N900T: Powered by X-Note V13/CivZ-SnapKat 2.1

Reactions: cunninglinguist
Mar 24, 2014
Hillsboro
1. If you are running g a custom ROM you will need to download the official version from sammobile.com and then flash using odin. The OTA does not work if using a custom ROM.

2. When you upgrade to 4.4 you will loose root and your kernel. It's just as easy to root 4.4 as it was 4.3. If you have a custom kernel and you flash a new ROM most of the time you are given a choice if you want to flash their kernel or not. If it does flash their kernel you can always reflash the one you want. Just as a side note, if you upgrade to 4.4 make sure your kernel is built for 4.4.

Thanks, just what I needed to know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks In Advanced,
    Art