Official CM11 freezing, restarting etc. Heelllp

Search This thread

DireWolfZero

Aug 10, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Don't really know where else to ask this, the cyanogenmod forums are dead and no one replies so I'll try my luck here.

I'm running the unified build of XT926 that is

2014-05-14-NIGHTLY-moto_msm8960

bootloader is Unlocked

But since early April late march, I've been having a big problem with the builds crashing, freezing, restarting, notification and navigation bar locking up disappearing and reappearing.

I'm actually to the point where I'm fed up. I know these are nightly builds and I shouldn't really be complaining but damn, everything was working fine before April and cyanogenmod seems to delete old builds now after maybe a week of them being up, so I can't return to a build that's before April.

I've tried completely wiping the phone and re flashing CM11 but no luck.

Any suggestions? I'm just really tempted just to flash stock and be done with it. lol but then my phone would probably be hella slow again with all the crap Verizon throws on it.

Is this just happening to me? Or anyone else on official cm11 having similar or the same problems as well?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

DireWolfZero

Aug 10, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
This test build from kabaldan has been working great for a few users in the CM11 thread (been running it myself, also):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52626501

It's not a permanent fix, but was made to help determine what was causing the lags and freezes. Keep up with that thread for CM11 progress (same thread that killrythm09 linked to).

Thank you!! Very helpful!

Question, do I flash it over the build I'm running now? Or should I do a fresh install?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Premium app

iBolski

Don't really know where else to ask this, the cyanogenmod forums are dead and no one replies so I'll try my luck here.

bootloader is Unlocked

But since early April late march, I've been having a big problem with the builds crashing, freezing, restarting, notification and navigation bar locking up disappearing and reappearing.

I'm actually to the point where I'm fed up. I know these are nightly builds and I shouldn't really be complaining but damn, everything was working fine before April and cyanogenmod seems to delete old builds now after maybe a week of them being up, so I can't return to a build that's before April.

Any suggestions? I'm just really tempted just to flash stock and be done with it. lol but then my phone would probably be hella slow again with all the crap Verizon throws on it.

Is this just happening to me? Or anyone else on official cm11 having similar or the same problems as well?

The update to Kit Kat actually is pretty darned smooth, either under Dalvik or ART (caution - ART is still "beta" and not all apps work with it, including Xposed framework, CoPilot GPS, and I'm sure other apps as well).

I've been running KK since the soak test was sent to me and it's been running pretty smooth. Sometimes it get's a little laggy but that's after I've left the phone on for a few days and a reboot clears it right up.

There really isn't THAT much bloat on this phone (as opposed to say when I had the Droid X2 or even the Droid RAZR).

Reactions: DireWolfZero

DireWolfZero

Aug 10, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
The update to Kit Kat actually is pretty darned smooth, either under Dalvik or ART (caution - ART is still "beta" and not all apps work with it, including Xposed framework, CoPilot GPS, and I'm sure other apps as well).

I've been running KK since the soak test was sent to me and it's been running pretty smooth. Sometimes it get's a little laggy but that's after I've left the phone on for a few days and a reboot clears it right up.

There really isn't THAT much bloat on this phone (as opposed to say when I had the Droid X2 or even the Droid RAZR).

I'll have to check it out then. I moved from stock to CM because there was a noticeable lag on jellybean but if kit Kat fixes that then I'm up for trying it out :)

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's a known problem. Read this thread to keep up on it:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2518701&page=47

Devs are currently trying to troubleshoot/fix it.
    This test build from kabaldan has been working great for a few users in the CM11 thread (been running it myself, also):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52626501

It's not a permanent fix, but was made to help determine what was causing the lags and freezes. Keep up with that thread for CM11 progress (same thread that killrythm09 linked to).

bootloader is Unlocked