[ROM][ICS][STOCK][GT-P5100] ICS 4.0.3 Stock Safe / Recovery / Root (P5100XWALD7)

Search This thread

Jr Telecom

Jul 3, 2008
i have p 5100 hang in samsung logo i cany put downlod mode p5100 its not going in download mode i was try that tipe pressing Volume down + Power but mo lack pls help me

*In CWM wipe Data/Factory reset and Cache (Power and Volume DOWN/LEFT)

*. Restart in download mode (Power and Volume UP/RIGHT)

if didnt work ... try to ask solution repair boot..

marsaltito

Oct 24, 2008
Try flashing via odin pc and uncheck reboot and after flashing reboot manual to recovery via volume up+power if option as fix recovery comes say yes
Or reflash version 4.0.3 via odin pc and try again

Sent from Galaxy S2 or Galaxy Tab2

yea ok thx , only thing i dont have windows machine ! can i use heimdall ?

marsaltito

Oct 24, 2008
confirmed WORK wit heimdall and P5100 ! +1 happy linux user :)

I am not to be held responsible for any damage this may do to your device

*not for newbies*

1. install heimdall http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=755265
2.download cwm-root-gtab2.zip http://goo.gl/WkRQy ,Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P5100.tar http://goo.gl/pwBvp
3.coppy cwm-root-gtab2.zip on externalSD
4.unzip Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P5100.tar (recovery.img)
5.cd to extracted tar
6.run heimdall " heimdall flash --recovery recovery.img --no-reboot " (--no-reboot very important)
7.when finnished dont reboot ,straight from the "download" screen press volume down and power hold and wait to samsung logo shows then release only power button ,hold volume down until CWM6 loaded .
8.go to install zip from externalsd find cwm-root-gtab2.zip and flash
9.when finnished and asked for "stock reboot fix" press yes.
you are rooted !

kronik420

Nov 14, 2008
Ok I can't figure this out I unrooted the tablet restored stock and I'm still getting gallery message. I formatted the sd card same error message. "NOT ENOUGH MEMORY DELETE SOME ITEMS" What can I do to fix this my wife uses this for her job and a big part of it is looking at pictures now I can't even access gallery not from the icon are in the camera. I've tried uninstalling, I've tried freezing it, Is there an APK I can use to restore this one. Please let me know I need to get this up and running asap thank you.

cheatman

May 21, 2007
Migration Institute
Check out this solution for the gallery: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1470973
Apparently one of your storage devices is full and the gallery is trying to access it. Restock and full-format your device (after saving the photos and whatever data you have on the device). After full wipe, let us know if the problem persists.

Alternately, try using QuickPic as gallery and let us know if you still encounter the issue. If you can work around the problem with another gallery app, stop using the stock gallery.

Cheers,
C.

oceanserv

Aug 14, 2012
Semarang
Heloo guys,

want to ask, is this method on post 1 is still increase the flash counter ?
i have a few question but i just want to ask this first before rooting my P5100....last night buy it.....

CrimsonBloodfang

Feb 23, 2016
Updating the bootloader is not required.
Playing with bootloaders is very risky and dangerous in general (can permanently brick tab).

Bootloader is responsible for the download mode. If you can access it and flash using odin, there is no need to mess with it. Upgrading it may result in a locked boot mode, meaning you can't flash custom stuff anymore.

I included only the required files and steps so you guys don't have to look for the right combination.

Peace,
C.

Sir, I am using Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (Wifi) and so does this means that I don't have to unlock the bootloader for my device to flash Custom ROMs?

LRob

Jul 19, 2007
Yes, you dont need, just flash cwm recovery or twrp then you ready to go...

Enviado do meu GT-P5110 através de Tapatalk

themindseye

Apr 9, 2009
GT-P5110 rom and PIT

Guys can anyone out there help me?
I have a GT-P5110 which I hardly used, everything on it is non modded in any way, completely stock straight from samsung.
It wouldnt charge so I got a new battery and everything was fine then about a month later it did an update and wouldn't come back on after that.
I managed to get it to wipe and reset but it started slowing down after a while then chucked it.
It gets to odin screen and I tried to reinstall it to stock but after that its stuck at the firmware encountered an error screen and I cant get it to work anymore.
I've tried flashing it a few times and always says passed and reset but still stuck at the firmware error screen.
I've tried to get a hold of the .pit file to reinstall but I can't get any link on here to work anymore (most likely coz it's old)
Does anyone here have a copy of it so I can try and get it back up n running again.
The tab was hardly used, reality for only a few months light use.

Help is greatly appreciated.
It's the UK model and was running 4.22 at the time it stopped working

cheers

shamoil16

Nov 17, 2015
Accident

Playing with bootloaders is very risky and dangerous in general (can permanently brick tab).

Bootloader is responsible for the download mode. If you can access it and flash using odin, there is no need to mess with it. Upgrading it may result in a locked boot mode, meaning you can't flash custom stuff anymore.

I included only the required files and steps so you guys don't have to look for the right combination.

Peace,
C.

Hey, I flashed the bootloader too with the odin and now, what happens is - if I use odin for anything then the process gets done as usual but it doesn't work and the flash count remains the same.
for example:- If I am flashing the TWRP 3.0 with the Odin and I have TWRP 2.5 pre-installed, then what happens is after the flashing is done with Odin, I am still on the TWRP 2.5, same goes with everything like CF-Auto root, Roms n all.
please let me know if there is any fix for it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    =========================================================================================
    === Device: GT-P5100 (Galaxy Tab 2, 10.1", 3G model)
    === Description: Safe stock ODIN image, recovery and root
    === Packaged by: cheatman ( xda - http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=490310 )
    === Stock ROM version: P5100XWALD7
    === Build date: 07 June 2012
    =========================================================================================

Disclaimer: I am not responsible and assume no liability on how this information is used. This package is provided "as is" without any warranty and does not guarantee any fitness for any purpose.

ONLY FOR GT-P5100 (3G model)!!! Do not flash on any other Galaxy Tab 2!!!

Download the ZIP (large, about 600MB) from here:

=> DOWNLOAD FROM HERE (HotFile)

How to use: Read the readme.txt file or this post here.

On to the safe stock restore process:

1. Make sure you have the Samsung device drivers installed before you begin. If you don't, install them from here:
    - 64bit: http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/MOBILES/Samsung/Samsung-Galaxy-S-USB-Driver-for-Windows-x64.shtml
    - 32bit: http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/MOBILES/Samsung/Samsung-Galaxy-S-USB-Driver-for-Windows-x86.shtml
    2. Make sure your tablet's battery is at least 30% charged up before you begin.
    3. Make sure you have an external microSD inserted in the device, if you also plan on rooting afterwards. Nothing will be erased from the microSD, there is no need to worry about that.
    4. Run procedure to flash back the stock ROM from Samsung (Ice Cream Sandwitch 4.0.3 - P5100XWALD7) from the folder "Step1-Stock". STOP HERE FOR PURE STOCK!!!
    5. Run procedure to enable ClockworkMod recovery from the folder "Step2-Recovery". This step is OPTIONAL (only if you want a custom recovery). STOP HERE IF YOU DON'T WANT ROOT!!!
    6. Run procedure to enable "root" access from the folder "Step3-Root".
    7. Done! Enjoy! Profit!

===============================================================
    ========== Step 1 - Flashing Stock P5100XWALD7 ================
    ===============================================================

1. Download the file from the link above.
    2. Shut down your tab.
    3. Disconnect tab from USB and/or power cables.
    4. Hold "Power+Volume UP" physical buttons on your tablet to initiate download mode.
    5. Press "Volume DOWN" physical button on your tablet to confirm and enter ODIN mode.
    6. On your PC, open "Odin3 v1.85.exe"
    7. Press "PDA" button in ODIN and select the "PLATFORM_P5100XWALD7_482645_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5" file.
    8. Press "PHONE" button and select the "MODEM_P5100XXLD7_REV_01_CL1128355.tar.md5" file.
    9. Connect your tablet using a USB cable. In ODIN you should see the device "<added>" message appear. If you do not, there is a problem with the Samsung drivers installation.
    10. Confirm that only the following options are checked in ODIN: "Auto Reboot", "F. Reset Time", "PDA", "PHONE". DO NOT CHECK RE-PARTITION!!! NEVER!!!
    11. Click the big "Start" button and WAIT. Be patient!!! The process takes about 3-4 minutes but can take longer.
    12. Do not power down the tablet while this takes place. Do not shut down your PC. Do not touch anything! Just wait! Get a coffee or something...
    13. After full flash the tablet will reset automatically.
    14. Congratulations you are now safely back to stock P5100XXALD6.
    15. There is no need to flash the bootloader and CSC. Do so at your own risk.

===================================================================
    ========== Step 2 - Flashing ClockworkMod Recovery ================
    ===================================================================

1. Download the attached recovery file "p5100-recovery.tar.md5.zip" and extract it.
    2. Shut down your tab.
    3. Disconnect tab from USB and/or power cables.
    4. Hold "Power+Volume UP" physical buttons on your tablet to initiate download mode.
    5. Press "Volume DOWN" physical button on your tablet to confirm and enter ODIN mode.
    6. On your PC, open "Odin3 v1.85.exe"
    7. Press "PDA" button in ODIN and select the "p5100-recovery.tar.md5" file.
    8. Connect your tablet using a USB cable. In ODIN you should see the device "<added>" message appear. If you do not, there is a problem with the Samsung drivers installation.
    9. Confirm that only the following options are checked in ODIN: "Auto Reboot", "F. Reset Time", "PDA". DO NOT CHECK RE-PARTITION!!! NEVER!!!
    10. Click the big "Start" button and wait a few seconds. Flashing recovery.img is super-fast!
    11. After recovery flash, the tablet will reset automatically.
    12. Congratulations you are now running recovery for your tablet.
    13. Note: Internal SD is not working with this recovery, you must use external microSD cards to load up ZIPs.
    14. You can also download and extract the kernel and flash it also on "PDA" if you want a rooted Kernel

=========================================================
    ========== Step 3 - Enabling root access ================
    =========================================================

1. Download the attached file "CWM-root-P5100-v1.zip".
    2. Copy the "CWM-root-P5100-v1.zip" file to the external microSD card.
    3. Shut down your tab.
    4. Insert the microSD in the tablet.
    5. Hold "Power+Volume DOWN" physical buttons on your tablet to initiate recovery mode. It takes a while to start up recovery (10-15 seconds) so be patient. Try not to press too hard on the buttons as it does not help at all (takes same amount of time :-D)
    6. Use the "Volume UP" and "Volume DOWN" buttons to navigate (select options) and the "Power" button to select. Don't HOLD the buttons, just press them (like a click or something).
    7. Select the option to install ZIP from sdcard.
    8. Navigate to where you copied the "CWM-root-P5100-v1.zip" file and select it.
    9. Wait for the operation to complete.
    10. Navigate back and select option to "Reboot system"
    11. Congratulations you have a fresh stock ROM with CWM and root ready to go!
    12. Enjoy

=======================================================================================

Thanks and greetings go to:

- Galaxian-Soup
    - nycbjr
    - All others who help and bring value to the XDA comunity!

Peace and have fun!
    C.
    Reserved!

Looking for mirrors. This is a very large file!
    Thanks.
    Recovery is in an independent folder, you don't flash the initial zip lol.
    Anyway, the recovery and root steps should apply to p5110 as well.

Cheers,
    C.

Peace,
    C.
    Stock recovery comes with the stock ROM, so you need to overwrite it, not capture it.
    But, to clarify the issue, you can root your device without a custom recovery. After you root, you can dump system images using the "dd" command.

Rooting using CWM zips is just more convenient and easier for everyone, it's not the only option, though. There was root before recovery...

C.