S4 vs S3 Volume/Speaker loudness and more

Search This thread

philly0128

Aug 2, 2007
Hi guys,

I recently upgraded from the S3 to the S4 once I saw the S5 wasn't that great IMO. I just want to know if anyone feels the S3 had better volume when making calls. I will sometimes have people on speaker and I can barely hear them (I can but it's a strain) I never had that issue with S3.

I also feel like the vibration is softer, I've missed several calls when the phone was in my pocket or right next to me on the bed. Never had that issue w/ the S3.

I see a couple of audio fix and tweaks but it seem to only be for media audio than speaking on the phone. I've been searching for about a week and still haven't found anything solid. I tried Volume_Boosting_Sound_VERSION_2_VERY_LOUD and I guess with me running Liquid Smooth 4.4 this tweak doesn't play nice because I can't hear anyone when on the phone so I had to take that off.

If these questions have been asked I'm sorry, I did some searching on particular threads and only found those about media volume. I hope someone can point me to a fix.

Thanks.

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
For me.the speaker on the gs4 while in a call is better. Might just be me but I've had each phone for almost a year now. If you flash sacs ROM I know that comes with the volume boost.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

leaderbuilder

Hi guys,

I recently upgraded from the S3 to the S4 once I saw the S5 wasn't that great IMO. I just want to know if anyone feels the S3 had better volume when making calls. I will sometimes have people on speaker and I can barely hear them (I can but it's a strain) I never had that issue with S3.

I also feel like the vibration is softer, I've missed several calls when the phone was in my pocket or right next to me on the bed. Never had that issue w/ the S3.

I see a couple of audio fix and tweaks but it seem to only be for media audio than speaking on the phone. I've been searching for about a week and still haven't found anything solid. I tried Volume_Boosting_Sound_VERSION_2_VERY_LOUD and I guess with me running Liquid Smooth 4.4 this tweak doesn't play nice because I can't hear anyone when on the phone so I had to take that off.

If these questions have been asked I'm sorry, I did some searching on particular threads and only found those about media volume. I hope someone can point me to a fix.

Thanks.
Check out this thread for some help. And also look at this post to do the mod yourself.
As @daniel4653 mentioned a few of the latest ROMs already boost sound - Sac's, Negamann's etc..
I also use ViperFX and that works EXTREMELY well; but requires some tweaking (all of which can be learned on the viper threads).
Good luck

philly0128

Aug 2, 2007
Check out this thread for some help. And also look at this post to do the mod yourself.
As @daniel4653 mentioned a few of the latest ROMs already boost sound - Sac's, Negamann's etc..
I also use ViperFX and that works EXTREMELY well; but requires some tweaking (all of which can be learned on the viper threads).
Good luck

Thanks for the replies, I found ViperFx but I wasn't sure if it was just for Music. I did install it and i'm playing with it now.

daniel4653: Thanks I will check out that ROM.. I really appreciate you guys response.