[NEW][ROM[ICS V30B EU][25.09.2013] ICS GPCR V2.1 by P-VLAD

How do you feel the ROM

• Total voters
Search This thread

Marabou

Aug 26, 2008
extract the file from the removed apps ZIP and move it in the system/app folder of the ROM zip file before you install the ROM
should work till i find better solution for this.

Yes, I did this. I even did everything again from scratch: copy apk files to the /system/app of the Zip archive and flashed again - same problem.

Seems that the only possibility is trying to extract the LG Weather Widget and other LG apps from another image using Titanium Backup, then flash your image and restore the apps...

p-vlad

Nov 7, 2010
Konstanz
Yes, I did this. I even did everything again from scratch: copy apk files to the /system/app of the Zip archive and flashed again - same problem.

Seems that the only possibility is trying to extract the LG Weather Widget and other LG apps from another image using Titanium Backup, then flash your image and restore the apps...

OK I found the solution. THIS now is working 100% weather widget for this rom. It is turn out that the widget does not like to be Deodexed.

All removed system apps you can find HERE. This time odexed to be sure that they work. Just remove the apps from the ZIP you do not need before flash from recovery

Last edited:
Reactions: Marabou

Marabou

Aug 26, 2008
OK I found the solution. THIS now is working 100% weather widget for this rom. It is turn out that the widget does not like to be Deodexed.

All removed system apps you can find HERE. This time odexed to be sure that they work. Just remove the apps from the ZIP you do not need before flash from recovery

Great, thank you!

SedyBenoitPeace

Sep 16, 2012
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus 3
Guys the rom is fast.. But i have a problem with battery life! In the image there is what wakelock detector shows... What can be?
5ubu6ugy.jpg

mehybyhu.jpg

Inviato dal mio LG-P920 usando Tapatalk 4

p-vlad

Nov 7, 2010
Konstanz
Guys the rom is fast.. But i have a problem with battery life! In the image there is what wakelock detector shows... What can be?

seems that you have an app like FB or G+ that hold the CPU on all the time. Most probable cause is when you do not exit the apps with back button but home button.

SedyBenoitPeace

Sep 16, 2012
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus 3
seems that you have an app like FB or G+ that hold the CPU on all the time. Most probable cause is when you do not exit the apps with back button but home button.

Probably you're right...i search for Alarm Manager on Google and i find what you told! Well i have an Android since 1 year and i didn't know this! With Android you will never stop to learn! :D
Well i think that is Facebook that performs 277 wakelocks, it can be also whatsapp right? But if i stop whatsapp with back button i will receive notifications? Because i have a problem that delay a lot the notifications!

drastic00

Dec 31, 2012
Houston
Does this ROM need to be installed from recovery partition, or could I use 2nd init recovery like in xbsa rooted v28B? I am not sure whether it would matter.

Also, would American APNs be ok with Euro v30B?

Last edited:

p-vlad

Nov 7, 2010
Konstanz
That is the BIG reason to have the taskmananger in this rom to

Send from LG P920 in deep Space .

i will see what I can do

Does this ROM need to be installed from recovery partition, or could I use 2nd init recovery like in xbsa rooted v28B? I am not sure whether it would matter.

Also, would American APNs be ok with Euro v30B?

Should work on all recoveries and will not change it. About the APN - i can not try cos I am in Europa. Please report if you test it.

p-vlad

Nov 7, 2010
Konstanz
That is the BIG reason to have the taskmananger in this rom to

Send from LG P920 in deep Space .

TaskManger from V30B AT&T for ICS GPCR and stock (odexed) V30B EU !!!
HERE

SystemUI mod by OptimusRs for V30B EU !!!
JB Brightness Slider, Add SERVICE PROVIDER ( Carrier Label ) to STATUS BAR, Signal icons
(credits for this go to OptimusRs)
HERE

Last edited:

p-vlad

Nov 7, 2010
Konstanz
No way. :) Best battery life ever. 48h without a problem. Just use hotplug/cfq. This is next level not destructor v5

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app

SedyBenoitPeace

Sep 16, 2012
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus 3
Guys how is this battery life? I keep wifi and Internet data for the whole day.. You can check on the images..
ynu5udu5.jpg
re7ybu4a.jpg

Oh and I have yet problems with the wakelock from alarm manager
dezuquqa.jpg
ageja4e4.jpg

I don't know what can be.. The only apps that I use that can use alarm manager are Facebook and whatsapp and now I close them with back button.. How can I check who use alarm manager?

p-vlad

Nov 7, 2010
Konstanz
Hey... you put exactly tha apps that i got off of the rom cos they are battery killers :)
Infact with tjis hard use it is not so bad. What you can do is.
1. Put wifi sleep policy to - only when plugged in. So you will have 3g when screen is off and wifi when is on.
2. Switch to acura2/cfq
3. Use my NEXT rom that is not finished where i use tasker for modulating the cpu during different states. Well this won't be soon ;)
For the locks - take Better Battery Stats and look for Raw locks of this process.

Btw... what kind of rom you use? Does not look like ICS GPCR.

SedyBenoitPeace

Sep 16, 2012
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus 3
Hey... you put exactly tha apps that i got off of the rom cos they are battery killers :)
Infact with tjis hard use it is not so bad. What you can do is.
1. Put wifi sleep policy to - only when plugged in. So you will have 3g when screen is off and wifi when is on.
2. Switch to acura2/cfq
3. Use my NEXT rom that is not finished where i use tasker for modulating the cpu during different states. Well this won't be soon ;)
For the locks - take Better Battery Stats and look for Raw locks of this process.

Btw... what kind of rom you use? Does not look like ICS GPCR.

Well I need these two apps that are Facebook and whatsapp... However your question makes me laugh... Of course I use your great rom.. That is probably the best for our phone.. I asked for battery life because you told that the rom is battery friendly! Then for discover wakelock from alarm manager you advise to me Better Battery Stats?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377775139130.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377775139130.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 210

p-vlad

Nov 7, 2010
Konstanz
Well I need these two apps that are Facebook and whatsapp... However your question makes me laugh... Of course I use your great rom.. That is probably the best for our phone.. I asked for battery life because you told that the rom is battery friendly! Then for discover wakelock from alarm manager you advise to me Better Battery Stats?

he he.. funny.. i do not remember makeing battery mod with redundant function - % and icon one next to another :)
so... 99% sure that this wakelocks are coming from this 2 apps that you use. they trigger raw a raw AlarmManager wakelocks. You can check that by stopping the apps for a day.
Better Battery Stats have the possibility to show you exactly the program responsible for the raw wakelocks in AlarmManger - lick keyboard clicking sound can also do that or screen on-off sounds etc but I am sure that if you follow my 1st page "After installation setup and After installation tricks for more battery (*)" the 2 apps that you use are the one that trigger that.
And really - if you havent - put wifi sleep policy to sleep when is not plugged. - will help a bit

edit... I was looking again in the pictures you show - so keep+facebook.catana+facebook.orca+whatsapp+messages+tweeter just the amount of AlarmManager... so now I am 99.99% sure that they make the raw locks :)

Last edited:
Reactions: SedyBenoitPeace

SedyBenoitPeace

Sep 16, 2012
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus 3
he he.. funny.. i do not remember makeing battery mod with redundant function - % and icon one next to another :)
so... 99% sure that this wakelocks are coming from this 2 apps that you use. they trigger raw a raw AlarmManager wakelocks. You can check that by stopping the apps for a day.
Better Battery Stats have the possibility to show you exactly the program responsible for the raw wakelocks in AlarmManger - lick keyboard clicking sound can also do that or screen on-off sounds etc but I am sure that if you follow my 1st page "After installation setup and After installation tricks for more battery (*)" the 2 apps that you use are the one that trigger that.
And really - if you havent - put wifi sleep policy to sleep when is not plugged. - will help a bit

edit... I was looking again in the pictures you show - so keep+facebook.catana+facebook.orca+whatsapp+messages+tweeter just the amount of AlarmManager... so now I am 99.99% sure that they make the raw locks :)

Thanks man! Then i need to keep this battery life if i want to use that applications! However about the % i didn't install any mod...i only go to settings and i activate the percentage! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ICS GPCR V2.1 by P-VLAD

The ROM is based on V30B Vodafone Germany

The Rom is made for Phone/Organizer use, working HDMI out sound (not on SAMSUNG TV)

This mean BATTERY LIFE and SPEED

Screenshots:

f7yk.png
    jmea.png
    3kry.png
    ddml.png
    ljkj.png
    Screenshot_2013-08-20-23-10-57.jpg

Antutu 4.0.1
    1. 1008MHz Hotplug/CFQ - 9700
    2. 1356MHz Hotplug/CFQ - 11900

Changelog v2.1
    1. 99% Odex for speed and memory (without systemUI - for future mods)
    2. Huexxx battery mod
    3. Disable signature checks - so you can install more software like 30B TaskManger from AT&T
    4. Disable KSM for kernels that support it - this increase battery life.
    5. More init.d battery tweaks
    6. Sysctl and tweaks for battery
    7. VM drop caches
    8. Loopy Smoothness Tweak for LG Optimus 3D ver 3 by iBluemind - smoooooth launcher
    end more..

Changelog V1.2:
    - Init.d tweaks - Optimize SQlite databases of apps
    - init.d tweaks - Zipalign Counter Made By ImbaWind @ XDA
    - init.d tweaks - Internet speed tweaks, vm management tweaks, IO tweaks, sleepers be gone tweaks
    - init.d twekas - Set Swappiness
    - init.d twekas - Anti lag tweaks - credit to firasusman

Changelog V1.1:
    - Added Init.d support
    - Added Init.d tweaks
    - Added gps.conf for faster GPS lock (EU)
    - Removed ICS non-working build.prop tweaks

Changelog V1:
    - Based on V30B Vodafone Germany;
    - Acura2201 Next Level V5 kernel;
    - Rooted
    - Deodexed apps
    - 90% Original stock stuff - Lockscreen, Launcer, Etc
    - 90MB removed applications - 3D games, LG and Google stuff;
    - Google Now for ICS thanks to cajunflavoredbob -> theat HERE
    - Battery tweaks
    - Performance tweaks
    - Signal Tweaks
    - Disable journaling for Ext4 performance
    - Added application (can be uninstalled if you do not need them):
    SDRescan,
    Fast Reboot,
    Quick Boot,
    Trickster MOD
    CPU Tweaker,
    Wakelock Detector,
    AdFree,
    OSMonitor,
    Titanium Backup,
    Mail Droid,
    MxTech Video Palyer and codecs,
    XDA app,
    Skype,
    Adobe Flash Player,
    Wifi Analyzer,
    Root Browser,
    Calculator.
    ListNote​

Speech recognition (ENGLISH ONLY):
    Settings -> Language & Input -> Google voice typing settings -> Choose input languages -> Uncheck Automatic -> SCROLL MAXIMAL DOWN -> check the box WITHOUT text in front.
    You can test the results with the installed ListNote app.

After installation setup and After installation tricks for more battery (*)

-SETUP menu
    -- [*]wireless & Networks -> WiFi -> advanced ->keep Wi-Fi on during sleep -> only when plugged in
    -- [*]wireless & Networks -> More... -> Mobile networks -> Use only 2G networks
    -- Sound -> Quiet time;
    -- [*]Sound -> Vibrate on touch - remove
    -- Display -> Brightness -> auto - remove
    -- Display -> Font size -> small
    -- Display -> warning pop-up - remove
    -- [*]Account & sync -> OFF
    -- [*] Location services - all off
    -- Security -> Unknown sources - check
    -- Language & input -> Change LG keyboard layout - default is QWERTZ
    -- [*]Language & input -> Touch feedback -> Sound feedback - uncheck
    -- Language & input -> Path keyboard -> check
    -- Developer options -> USB debugging -> check
    -- Developer options -> Force GPU rendering - uncheck
    -- Developer options -> Windows animation scale = .5
    -- Developer options -> Transition animation scale =.5
    Other
    -- [*]Trickster MOD or CPU Tweaker: 1008/208MHz Hotplug/CFQ - more speed and battery; Acura2/CFQ much more battery; set on boot -> check
    -- Run SDRescan once per week for faster SD rescanning (V30 ROMs has this issues)
    -- [*]Run AdFree to remove advertisments -> boot normal > Download and install Hosts - once per several application installs
    -- Update the programs regulary
    -- Look in WakeLock detector who eat your battery -> settings-> advanced mode on. Look CPU wakelock and Wakeup triggers.

Bugs:
    Long SD card scan - as every O3D ICS ROM
    Not working BT OBT2 - as every O3D ICS ROM
    You tell me.

Extras:

1. Removed system apps can be found HERE (install form recovery without wipes).
    2. Weather Widget - HERE
    3. Pictures for Bio Wallpaper - non flashable zip - just extract to your SDCard -> HERE
    4. TaskManger from V30B AT&T for ICS GPCR and stock (odexed) V30B EU !!! HERE
    5. Default LG Video Player flashable zip file over CWM/TWRP -> HERE
    6. Battery mod
    Huexxx mod HERE and with transparent status bar - HERE - Version 2.1 is already with Huexxx mod
    pctz.png

DOWNLOAD ROM V2.1​

Before installation be sure that:
    1. You are on V30A/B/C or V28B
    2. Install Wpark Bootloader 1.25a And Recovery TWRP or CWM
    =============================================
    Installation:
    if you are using TWRP Recovery:
    1. WIPE ---- WIPE CACHE ---- WIPE DALVIK CACHE ---- FACTORY RESET ---- SYSTEM
    2. Install the ROM
    3. Reboot

If you are using CWM Recovery:
    1. WIPE CACHE ---- WIPE DAVIL CACHE ---- WIPE DATA ---- FORMAT SYSTEM ---- FORMAT DATA
    2. Install the ROM
    3. Reboot

After set up your device - reboot 2-3 times before use
    =============================================

Big THANKS to Defcomg for helping me solve a problem
    Big THANKS to Acura2201 for the perfect kernel
    Big THANKS to cajunflavoredbob for the off-line speech recognition - I do not need JB anymore.

Battery mods for V30B - HERE
    Clean cache and dalvik cache after flash

Some more stuff that can be freezed/uninstalled if you do not use them and you install already your phone
    (First 2 pictures)​
    ga8n.jpg
    uzl4.jpg
    td1i.jpg

Then after fast reboot you can free up to 250MB RAM or in normal use I have s.t. like 120-130MB instead of 100-110MB minimum. Not a big deal but - why should i give the memory of my phone to apps that do not do anything for me? ;)
    For testers only !!!!!​

a small update. Really small update.
    Changelog v2.7b

Tweaks:
    *sysctl, build.prop and init.d tweaks cleaned and more tweaked values
    APPS:
    *Music and Video player are back as well as SmartShare
    *Updated some apps like AdFree etc.

Download link - ICS GPCR 2.7b

If you find this faster I will put it on the first post
    I stop tweaking ICS cos of time and have to learn a bit of bioinformatics.
    IF I do something it will be on 4.1.2 but wont be soon

Happy new year to all of you !!!!!!!!!!!
    Hi pals....
    My daughter hurt my eye so I stop for a while with GPCR ROM

What i did till now is:

1. 99% Odex for speed and memory (without systemUI - for future mods)
    2. Huexxx battery mod with transparent status bar
    3. Disable signature checks - so you can install more software like 30B TaskManger from AT&T
    4. Disable KSM for kernels that support it - this increase battery life.
    5. More init.d battery tweaks
    6. Sysctl and tweaks for battery
    7. VM drop caches
    8. Loopy Smoothness Tweak for LG Optimus 3D ver 3 by iBluemind - smoooooth launcher
    end more..

I will update the first page as soon as I get better.

So... HERE is the ROM

Follow the installation procedure on the first page and the tricks for long battery life and speed
    Please test in normal daily use at least 2 days before you give a score for my work.

No big speed penalty - around 5% only
    Antutu 4.0.1
    1. 1008MHz Hotplug/CFQ - 9700
    2. 1356MHz Hotplug/CFQ - 11900

Cheers

p.s. If you have and idea for the Rom - speed, battery and functionality (no other stuff) - just tell me.
    This is not the final version. I am going to implement some more stuff in final v2.2 but these are all tweaks.
    Hi pals
    I am working on the next version of my rom. At the moment I am testing some battery tweaks. You can see the result here:
    5anj.png
    op4f.png

could s.b. suggest nice and FREE icon set?
    update to V1.1: added more tweaks for battery and fluent work

HDMI OUT SOUND - WORK! :)