[ROM][ICS][P7300/P7310]Official CyanogenMod 9 [2012-09-03]

Search This thread

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com
I'm having horrible battery drain as well with the p7310 in standby, even with wifi turned off. Battery life when used is great but it seems like it won't really go into deep sleep. Anyone else having the same problem?
I left my tab with wifi and bluetooth on during the night. Not sure how much battery I had left yesterday but this morning it I had 90% left and it wasn't fully charged yesterday so I think mine is fine.

Install "CPU Spy" to see if it really enters Deep sleep. My tab has 94% deep sleep according to CPU spy.

ranzassel

Dec 30, 2008
No, it should work the same but I did more work on the touchscreen driver after that version. Mostly optimizing stuff making it only send touchscreen events if something really has changed. You propably won't notice the difference.

Thanx for your amazing work. With multitouch fixed I do not have any real issues with the latest version. And it feels much better than any Samsung stock ROM. :)

rosdol

Jan 30, 2011
Battery....

Hi,

first of all thanks for the phantastic work. Appreciate it !

Still the battery is my problem. I came from Overcome->ICS Beta->CM9 and found that the battery drain is still with me, even though the kernel is different (I believe). Has any DEV had some time to look into this?
My batt is flat after some two days of standby with very moderate usage - now im loading the Jan30th update and recheck...

br

Erik

rosdol

Jan 30, 2011
MultiTouch

Hi,

just installed the Jan30 update. MultiTouch still not ok. When I place a finger onto the surface I see a blue dot. Second finger - red dot. If I leave the "blue finger" in place and remove the "red finger" the red dot stays . When I move the "lue finger" a little bit - the red dot disappears.

I installed the update without amy wipe though. Should I wipe ?

regards
Erik

ranzassel

Dec 30, 2008
Hi,

just installed the Jan30 update. MultiTouch still not ok. When I place a finger onto the surface I see a blue dot. Second finger - red dot. If I leave the "blue finger" in place and remove the "red finger" the red dot stays . When I move the "lue finger" a little bit - the red dot disappears.

regards
Erik

Did you also test with "real" apps????
I still see the same issues with the test app too. But surprisingly the ICS internal tests and for example GTA III do not longer show any issues on my device and are just working perfectly now.

Reactions: rosdol

memtew

Oct 12, 2010
Chelny
Hi,

regards
Erik

Its OK, official Honeycomb rom have the same bug.

Reactions: rosdol

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com
Still the battery is my problem. I came from Overcome->ICS Beta->CM9 and found that the battery drain is still with me, even though the kernel is different (I believe). Has any DEV had some time to look into this?
My batt is flat after some two days of standby with very moderate usage - now im loading the Jan30th update and recheck...

P7300 or P7310? I have a P7310 and no battery drain problem but I suppose the P7300 version might work differently.

Have you tried CPU Spy to see if it enters deep sleep at all?

rosdol

Jan 30, 2011
It is a 7300 - will try with CPU Spy..

thanks

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

It is a 7300 - will try with CPU Spy..

thanks

Have CPU SPy installed neow, will load up the batt and try again. CPU shows to enter deep sleep most of the time..

Erik

ceno808

Jun 13, 2009
Torrents

Hej,
because many people have probs with 1 click histers I've created some torrents.

Maybe the devs and I will find a way to automate this :)

Attachments

• update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-p5wifi-KANG-signed-20120130b.zip.torrent
    9.5 KB · Views: 5
  • update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-p5-KANG-signed-20120130b.zip.torrent
    9.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Gapps.zip.torrent
    6.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Galaxian-Soup.GappsV3.zip.torrent
    4.4 KB · Views: 11

dubiago

Feb 27, 2009
I don't know if this is a known issue, or just part of the build, but "Settings" doesn't appear anymore in the Notification area. Easy enough to get around, by accessing it from the App Drawer, but I found its absence quite conspicuous.

pseudoheld

May 8, 2009
I don't know if this is a known issue, or just part of the build, but "Settings" doesn't appear anymore in the Notification area. Easy enough to get around, by accessing it from the App Drawer, but I found its absence quite conspicuous.

they do! the notification area has had some setting added to it, so now its too large to fit on the screen all at once. try scrolling down in the notification area an you will see settings!

pseudoheld

May 8, 2009
Yeah seen it taht one as well. Bit boring actually but while you can scroll to get it, that s ok :)

kinda perplexed by the use of the word boring here but nvm ;)

@kallt_kaffe:
i just made a backup with your new recovery and it felt like it took a lot longer than with the old recovery. my application db hasn't grown a lot so that shouldn't be the issue. so yeah felt kinda slow. just wanted to let you know.
is usb mounting working from recovery? would be a very nice feature to have. i feel kind vulnerable not being able to copy some file to my tab if i can't boot it anymore for some reason...but i guess i could use adb to push sth. didn't even think of that till now :D still usb mount would be nice!

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com
i just made a backup with your new recovery and it felt like it took a lot longer than with the old recovery. my application db hasn't grown a lot so that shouldn't be the issue. so yeah felt kinda slow. just wanted to let you know.
We propably need to time it to make sure. I haven't made any changes that I think should affect it but Koush keeps pushing stuff to the Clockwork Recovery repo so maybe something has changed?
is usb mounting working from recovery? would be a very nice feature to have. i feel kind vulnerable not being able to copy some file to my tab if i can't boot it anymore for some reason...but i guess i could use adb to push sth. didn't even think of that till now :D still usb mount would be nice!
While the kernel does support it I'm not sure how vold (if at all) is configured when using Clockwork. Also for it to be useful the Clockwork GUI would need some kind of file manager gui to take advantage of it. You most likely can mount usbdisk manually through adb but if you are advanced enough to do that, then adb push/pull would propably be an easier route anyway.

I suppose you could suggest it for Koush but really, for the really disaster scenarios where you would need this I think adb push and adb pull would be enough. I've used adb to push files a few times when I messed things up. Not on my P7310 (yet) but quite a few times on my ZTE V9.

Hurrian

Oct 22, 2011
Quezon City
Facebook syncing is broken in ICS. Any chance you can enable the source patch that allows com.facebook.katana to have priviledged access to contacts (here)

Also, can you enable changing of user agent like the Xoom browser ot ICS browser+? It gta annoying after a while to keep selecting request desktop site.

jessevl

Oct 2, 2010
I left my tab with wifi and bluetooth on during the night. Not sure how much battery I had left yesterday but this morning it I had 90% left and it wasn't fully charged yesterday so I think mine is fine.

Install "CPU Spy" to see if it really enters Deep sleep. My tab has 94% deep sleep according to CPU spy.

It seems like it has been fixed somewhere between versions, used it for about an hour and left it idle for about 20 hours, 83% battery left now :) Thanks a lot, still haven't seen a single FC since the very first version.

One suggestion: would it make sense to remove the gallery, music and search APKs from the ROM? as we're using additional Gapps packages anyway and when updating the additional Gapps package sometimes does not correctly remove the old APKs resulting in double gallery, search, etc. Just a thought :)

Last edited:

nkrick

Feb 20, 2009
Facebook syncing is broken in ICS. Any chance you can enable the source patch that allows com.facebook.katana to have priviledged access to contacts (here)

Facebook sync is broken because Facebook won't use Google's sync API. Facebook sync in previous versions (Android 2.x) used a workaround that Google implemented just for Facebook. Starting in Android version 2.3.4 for the Nexus S, Google announced they would no longer support a workaround just for Facebook and Facebook needs to follow the API. The source path you link to essentially re-adds the Facebook workaround.

If you want Facebook sync, you will either have compile your own CyanogenMod kang with the patch included, or use a non-CyanogenMod ROM. Steve Kondik (Cyanogen) himself has come out against using the Facebook workaround and has said that Facebook should use Google's API.

You could also check with the Galaxian Soup team. They may be willing to implement the Facebook sync workaround, but don't expect it from any CyanogenMod 9 ROM compiled from "official" CM9 source. Once nightlies start up, none of them will include the Facebook sync workaround.

Reactions: Hurrian

gonova

Aug 22, 2010
Hong Kong
It's cheerful to see CM9 on Tab! :D
Good job !

Currently I am using Overcome on my 3G Tab P7300 and would like to try ICS.
Would any one please let me know:

1. Does Hotspot Tethering work well on this CM9 3G version?
2. What launcher is recommended?
3. Does any one know if SPB Shell works well on tablet ICS?
4. Are there more problems other than those listed as known issues in OP?

Hope someone could give me more ideas and confidence.
Thank you very much !

Top Liked Posts