[Kernel][ICS][CM9] ShadowKernel CM9 v0.6.3.3 - CM9 Beta3+ (5/29/12)

Search This thread

medetron

Dec 26, 2007
sorry for such a noob questions BUT i dl this and flashed it restarted the phone and notice it said app installiong 01 of 115 or something like that after it was finished i went to make sure the kernal had updated and it has. but i dont see any applications installed or the voodoo app to change colors. i installed this after i updated to cm9 but kernal shows its updated, which programs exactly are suppose to be installed? :confused:

Ceelos09

Apr 18, 2011
sorry for such a noob questions BUT i dl this and flashed it restarted the phone and notice it said app installiong 01 of 115 or something like that after it was finished i went to make sure the kernal had updated and it has. but i dont see any applications installed or the voodoo app to change colors. i installed this after i updated to cm9 but kernal shows its updated, which programs exactly are suppose to be installed? :confused:

The "updating applications" pop up is just the android system loading and optimizing your apps, it will do that after every update (I believe). also, flashing shadow kernel won't install any additional apps for you. In order to use Voodoo Color, install Voodoo Control from the Android Market.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

medetron

Dec 26, 2007
The "updating applications" pop up is just the android system loading and optimizing your apps, it will do that after every update (I believe). also, flashing shadow kernel won't install any additional apps for you. In order to use Voodoo Color, install Voodoo Control from the Android Market.

Thanks! was scratching my head there for a minute :D

bbelos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2011
Chicago
Clear dalvik cache and then flashed this through in boot loop said system ui could not start any suggestions dl d with dolphin browser

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

I've added the md5sum to the original post. You can check that before flashing. Some phone browsers have a problem with the new dev-host site design, so if you only get the 10kb file (it should be close to 6 megs), please use the mirror link.

Sherrillface

Jul 12, 2011
Columbus
Thankyou I used mirror first that's the one that I got boot loop dl d dev host version and flashed boom all is well very smooth and quick once again thank you.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
Mirror Link - no download

Thanks - been hoping you would update the Kernel - you are probably aware - but just in case the first link is not working for the download but the Mirror link works - thanks

Last edited:

apeh2000

Jun 14, 2009
Great kernel for CM9 alpha 2. Any plans to add voodoo sound to it? Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

czechpunk

May 5, 2011
Katy, TX
www.4oEmusic.com
I can confirm that the "paper cup" sounds on the phones was corrected with alpha 2!!! Sounds like you were right ac, they used the crespo audio drivers ported from Nexus S, as I understand it.

Now all I need is Shadow v2.and I'll be in business, since the stock kernel doesn't support audio out through the dock yet (plus Shadow kernel it's way better for battery life for me).

Thanks in advance, bbelos!

I spoke too soon, it seems. Dock audio works, battery life is great, but I'm still hearing myself in the earpiece during calls and it's extremely overdriven. I've also posted this on the CM9 thread. The person on the other end said it was better with less noise, but it was very loud in my ear. Balls...

dev997

Jan 27, 2011
Irvine
Can anyone plz inform if they have seen any noticeable difference in performance (I mean if it got better with this) using v0.2 kernel on alpha2 over the stock kernel.

I have seen that OC kernel doesn't feel much different/faster that stock kernel , in fact I see occasional lags here and there.

EPIC TIMEZZ !!!

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Can anyone plz inform if they have seen any noticeable difference in performance (I mean if it got better with this) using v0.2 kernel on alpha2 over the stock kernel.

I have seen that OC kernel doesn't feel much different/faster that stock kernel , in fact I see occasional lags here and there.

EPIC TIMEZZ !!!

Undervolting helps with the huge battery drain on stock I'm not running this kernel exactly but any other kernel other than stock would be much better also that stutter can be caused on stock as well because of the low cache scrolling so go find the smooth scrolling mod in the android development section. Find the alpha 2 mod.

Sent From My SPH-D700 Running Android 4.0 :sly:

I Brick Phones

Sep 14, 2008
KC
just put this on my cm9 alpha 2 and noticed that overclock doesn't work. I can set overclock up to 1400mhz but the CPU never actually goes over the stock 1000mhz.

i even set the CPU governor to "performance" which is supposed to make the CPU run at the max setting.

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
just put this on my cm9 alpha 2 and noticed that overclock doesn't work. I can set overclock up to 1400mhz but the CPU never actually goes over the stock 1000mhz.

i even set the CPU governor to "performance" which is supposed to make the CPU run at the max setting.

You have to activate those steps.....

Reactions: I Brick Phones

fastmikey1969

Jul 18, 2008
Try the smartassv2 governor.

EPIC TIMEZZ !!!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I Brick Phones

Sep 14, 2008
KC
no problem hopefully I didn't come off as a jerk with the "......"
:D

nope. was helpful. I ended up activating those frequencies through SetCPU because i couldn't find anywhere to activate them through the system settings. Is there somewhere to do that or do you have to use a 3rd party app to do it?

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Random reboots after flashing this :-/

i haven't had a single reboot with the latest version. assuming you wiped cache/dalvik before flashing it?

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
nope. was helpful. I ended up activating those frequencies through SetCPU because i couldn't find anywhere to activate them through the system settings. Is there somewhere to do that or do you have to use a 3rd party app to do it?

Switch to voltage control for overclocking and undervolting because its very up to date where as setcpu hasn't been update as recently... its very straight forward and not as conplex as setcpu ;)

Reactions: I Brick Phones

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Great work by our fantastic CM dev team for bringing us CM9 so quickly.

I would also like a continued huge thanks to the many talented developers out there including (in no particular order) but not limited to:
    chris41g, mkasick, Rodderik, nubecoder, earthbound, toadlife, thomasskull666, DRockstar, supercurio, Ezekeel, SenseiSimple, noobnl, xcaliburninhand, k0nane, AproSamurai. Without their excellent work, I wouldn't be here.

And so I give you ShadowKernel for CM9.

As with my other CM kernels, if you choose to use it, please post any bug reports here and not in the CM9 thread. Thank you.

**Updated for Beta3/Beta4-Prebuilds - CWM Scrolling speed fixed**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.6.3.3 [Mirror]
    MD5: 0b1469b018a9e4308a88f035c0b4210d

Features:
    - Everything in the stock CM9 kernel plus:
    - 3 button hard reset
    - Linux wired tether (RNDIS) support
    - Keypress hold for repeat scrolling in CWM
    - Capactive key backlight disabling support via Advanced Settings Menu
    - Dock audio support (Using the Galaxy Dock Sound Redirector)
    - Built-in TUN, CIFS, FUSE, & TCPMSS
    - Revamped Overclocking/Undervolting support up to 1.5GHz with Voltage Control support. (Added 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400, & 1500 ~ All disabled by default)
    - Voodoo Sound (Controlled with the free Voodoo Sound App (formerly Voodoo Control))
    - Voodoo COLOR (also controlled in the free Voodoo Sound App)

certifiedicon.png

Additional Resources:
    See this thread for color setting discussion, but remember to experiment and find the right settings for you:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1002090

Previous Versions:
    v0.6.1
    *Updated for Beta1**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.6.1 [Mirror]
    MD5: ac125b8f04d13a0fb4f5eec3e48b2dc4

v0.6.0
    **Updated for Beta0**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.6.0 [Mirror]
    MD5: 0582dc000cdba394bb922607ed659b3a

v0.5.0
    **Added Voodoo Sound - for Alpha4/Alpha5**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.5.0 [Mirror]
    MD5: e0cf5689402e38486a8450c83d3ee6fd

v0.4.0
    **Updated for Alpha4/Alpha5**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.4.0 [Mirror]
    MD5: 7f0df477f5e17a2a6ec595a61c962230

v0.3.1
    **Updated for Alpha3**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.3.1 [Mirror]
    MD5: 20ec3fa2a509e6cb7cde73498c6f8a4a

v0.2
    **Updated for Alpha2**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.2 [Mirror]
    MD5: 4f8c9a6cea0dabd3ef194fea5bdbdf3d

v0.1
    **Initial release**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.1 [Mirror]

Source:
    Full github source.
    FAQ

Q. I have trouble getting 100MHz to stick, what do I do?
    A. Try the steps in this post. Edit: This is fixed in kernel v0.6.3+

Q. Why is there a green tint when I turn the phone on?
    A. That's a minor side effect of Voodoo Color. See this post.
    Here's an update to include Voodoo Sound. Let me know if there are any issues.

**Added Voodoo Sound - for Alpha4/Alpha5**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.5.0 [Mirror]
    MD5: e0cf5689402e38486a8450c83d3ee6fd
    Hey bbelos, will v5 work with CM9 beta 0? I think I read they made some changes to their kernel to prepare for the transition to Linux kernel 3.0.

It would probably work, and you're free to try it, but you would essentially be eliminating most of the improvements they made. There's a lot of improvements in the stock beta0 kernel so I would strongly recommend waiting until I get it updated.

Long time coming

Ok, guys, sorry it took so long, but here's an updated kernel for beta3. Features alot of fixes from the CM team, including capacitive key backlight disabling support and revamped OC code. I'm still including the extra frequency steps reworked to fit the new code scheme. I have also thrown in 1.5Ghz for you speed demons. Undervolting is still allowed, but not recommended due to stability. But feel free to push the limits :D You may also notice the ability to hold the volume keys to scroll in recovery mode.

**Updated for Beta3**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.6.3.1 [Mirror]
    MD5: 509f077389cb4273eb8f9f6e288bda8d