[ROM][GSM] Darkforest ICS [DISCONTINUED][18-04-2012][4.1.H.0.4]

Search This thread

^I'm_With_Stupid

Apr 2, 2013
Let me look again I remeber having all if that stuff once before maybe I overlooked the rom on my computer

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

Good luck, I thought I had it on my computer because I downloaded it in the beginning of the year to work on it, but I never had time and it disappeared from my computer. :rolleyes:

But I hope you find it and thanks for not giving up :D

darkharbinger81

Oct 3, 2012
Iowa home of Slipkknot
No problem guys if not I have an app called darkforest ota I will upload it here so u can diwnload it that way as the op says this rom is on thag app, I have darkforest 3.0.5 cdma which has that app in it so either way i eill have something for yoh tonight :p;)

Reactions: ^I'm_With_Stupid

^I'm_With_Stupid

Apr 2, 2013
No problem guys if not I have an app called darkforest ota I will upload it here so u can diwnload it that way as the op says this rom is on thag app, I have darkforest 3.0.5 cdma which has that app in it so either way i eill have something for yoh tonight :p;)

so its like ota updater right?
Oh yeah and thanks again for not giving up

Last edited:

darkharbinger81

Oct 3, 2012
Iowa home of Slipkknot
I can port to cdma that's not the issue the problem is I need to put cm9 sourcecode into this rom and change smali files in the framework.jar from stock cdma to cm9 smali files for phone calls to be stable, I can switch out the smali files for the phone but cm9 source code and updating the phone to use the new semcrilds is where my problem lies at

Sent from my R800x using miui on gb

^I'm_With_Stupid

Apr 2, 2013
I can port to cdma that's not the issue the problem is I need to put cm9 sourcecode into this rom and change smali files in the framework.jar from stock cdma to cm9 smali files for phone calls to be stable, I can switch out the smali files for the phone but cm9 source code and updating the phone to use the new semcrilds is where my problem lies at

Oh i see, now I see why this is so hard. Certainly possible though.

smokerman

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8

well..than i have some good news for you..dont know if you want but im releasing soon a ICS rom..if you wanna try to port it pm me,i will send you a link to test and you try to port..;)

hansi66627

Aug 12, 2012
well..than i have some good news for you..dont know if you want but im releasing soon a ICS rom..if you wanna try to port it pm me,i will send you a link to test and you try to port..;)

Nice that we have a new good developer for play. I enjoy the play again.

Sry for my bad English :(
Rom: Xperia NXT GB 2 r1
Kernel: Lupus GB v9 720p
Thanks to all developers/devs for their hard work. Xperia play is alive.
Sent with R800i using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Darkforest ICS 18-04-2012 INCREMENTAL UPDATE - DISCONTINUED

Hey,
    I recently discontinued this ROM as I am working on other stuff for development now, with FreeXperia, and I think this ROM is complete enough to discontinue it.

For the Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY, based on Official Sony beta. Tweaked for performance and stability, with some eye candy too.

Maintained by KeiranFTW of Team Darkforest @ http://darkforestgroup.com

Light, AOSP styled Android 4.0.3 Rom for the Xperia Play. Rooted, Google Applications and Face unlock pre-installed.

Rom package may look big in size, but that is because Google Apps and Face Unlock are included.

Changelog so far:
    Mobile Bravia Engine Installed
    Added WiFi fixes
    Added Darkforest App with onboard OTA and tweaking
    Added latest su binary and superuser application
    Google Apps pre-installed
    Face Unlock pre installed
    AOSP Themed (Thomassafca)
    FB Video and Game Like apps removed
    De-odexed framework
    Added AOSP Messenger/Conversations
    Removed Sony Home
    Added FileManager (OI)
    Busybox installed
    Notification Toggles
    Property Tweaks
    Working Touchpad and Gamepad
    New Adreno200 libraries + drivers (performance increase)
    Added CPU Option in Darkforest app, here you can set CPU frequency, governor and IO scheduler in app, meaning you don't need SetCPU or NoFrills anymore :)
    To use the CPU settings bit, available frequencies need to be exported at /sys, this is present in Darkforest kernel, not sure about DooMKernel, but this won't work on the stock kernel.
    Added CM Music instead of semc music, to add << || |> >> to status bar go into application settings.
    Added BLUE notification toggles.
    Replaced Launcher2 with Trebuchet, should work well, using nebkat's Trebuchet.
    Added AOSP keyboard
    Added DARKFOREST Settings in Settings application
    Performance Settings under DARKFOREST Settings in application, tweak CPU Speeds, I/O scheduler, CPU Governor
    CM Trebuchet (Launcher) Settings under DARKFOREST Settings.
    Added WP7 style notifications in the new update, with transparent background.

Screenshots of Incremental update functionality is below.

*** You must use a kernel that exports available frequencies at /sys, Darkforest Kernel does this, if CPU Frequency options are not present in Performance Settings, ask your kernel developer to do this ***

Installation Instructions:

If you are already on Darkforest v4 ICS ROM, there is no need to do the below, just flash the update over the top.

If you are using ANY other rom, you WILL need to do the below. If you do not you probably will run into issues.

First of all, flash this rom: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1571463 <- this contains the base.
    Then, flash an ICS kernel, preferably advanced stock, or hotboot one which has recovery.
    Then, put the file on SDCard, and flash through recovery :)

4.1.23 Download: http://icxperia.com/keiran/DFRv4/DFRv4.1.23.zip
    18-04-12-DFR-INCREMENTAL Download: http://icxperia.com/keiran/DFRv4/18-04-12-DFR-INCREMENTAL.zip

Please install the incremental package over the top of the ROM.

Download is also via Darkforest Application.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png
    7.png
    Uploading v4.1.11 now :)
    Okay, so here is progress of me merging Darkforest stuff into the Settings app:

52848ab7-8ee4-0b85.jpg

52848ab7-8eb6-42c4.jpg

Also update comes tomorrow, fixed a LOAD of things :)

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ PLAY using Tapatalk 2
    You got the thanks now, I forgot :p.
    Thanks! Now I have to press it :D

Anyway, I'm thinking, instead of having a Darkforest app, I could put it in the Settings App?
    It would save me some time as I wouldn't need an icon :p
    Plus, I think its cool :)