Search This thread

tdunham

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
Auto Call Record Mod 4.3 MK3/MK5 Touchwiz

Features:
- This mod is for the SPH-L710 Touchwiz 4.3
- This mod is safe to flash over a themed 4.3 rom. Please make sure you have a current backup available in case there are any issues.

To access custom settings:
Phone/menu/Call settings/Custom settings

Recordings are saved in internal SD/Sounds

Additions:
- added mod to completely remove Noise Reduction feature
- this is a separate flashable mod, flash the original if you want it back
- this removes the Noise Reduction checkbox from call settings as well

Credits: Mythtrandyr for the original mod

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-28-18-58-45.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-28-18-58-45.png
    217.7 KB · Views: 438
  • Screenshot_2014-02-28-18-57-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-28-18-57-47.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 398
  • Screenshot_2014-02-26-18-07-45.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-26-18-07-45.png
    142.8 KB · Views: 436
  • Screenshot_2014-02-28-18-51-38.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-28-18-51-38.png
    102 KB · Views: 396
  • SPH-L710.MK3.Call.Record.Rev1.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 190
  • SPH-L710.MK3.Call.Record.Rev1.NO.NOISE_RED.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:

the_original_teknikl

Mar 22, 2013
Sweeeeeet....

....Yes he has dazed.

Sent from my Virgin Mobile Galaxy S3, running Wicked Sensations Rom powered by DKP kernel, using Tapatalk 4.

tdunham

Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
Can this be used if we have call swap enabled?
Yes, I prefer it that way myself so I can switch callers easily.
Manual record a call record is still available if you press the capacitive menu key while on a call.

Edit:
Here are a couple screenshots with the call swap enabled (Delete record button toggle checked does this, in case anyone needs to know) and also the record choice in the menu items.

Last edited:

the_original_teknikl

Mar 22, 2013
question... it shows it saves the call after hitting stop or ending the call...... but where does it save the recording?

edit: i found the files.. they save in the "SOUNDS" folder in the INTERNAL storage....

another question tho... is there a way to change the format it saves in? i.e. mps, ogg....?

Last edited:

Soooperstar

Dec 14, 2013
Charlotte
Yes, I prefer it that way myself so I can switch callers easily.
Manual record a call record is still available if you press the capacitive menu key while on a call.

Edit:
Here are a couple screenshots with the call swap enabled (Delete record button toggle checked does this, in case anyone needs to know) and also the record choice in the menu items.

Works like a charm ......I love it. Big thanks tdunham

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bodyshop

Jul 10, 2010
Thanks...glad you got your pc back up and running.

sent from my Wicked 4.3 hybrid

andee39

Mar 17, 2013
New York
MK 5

Can this work with MK5? I purchased Anker 7200 battery and was experiencing a big impact on my signal strength. Was about to return the battery when I read about MK5 modem and decided to give it a shot and it has really made a big change. When I first got the battery I was down to 1/2 to 1 bar in my house. Now with MK5 I'm getting 3, 4 bars and even 5 bars in some spots. :victory:

Thanks.

andee39

Mar 17, 2013
New York
I'm pretty sure it will work fine on that build. You should have a current backup available just in case. Let me know either way. I forgot to post a link for this in JD's thread.

Will do. I always have a nandy handy. :laugh: BTW - I know you were trying the Anker battery or maybe you cancelled before you received after reading about the signal issues. You might want to give MK5 a chance with it. Made all the difference for me!

Thanks again for all your mods! Good stuff!!! :) :)

tdunham

Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
Will do. I always have a nandy handy. :laugh: BTW - I know you were trying the Anker battery or maybe you cancelled before you received after reading about the signal issues. You might want to give MK5 a chance with it. Made all the difference for me!
Yes, I sent it back already and Amazon sent me the refund pretty quickly, shipping too. I'm already on MK5 modem because I'm also on Boost but the loss of signal was pretty bad for me. If I was in a low signal area, I could see the antenna connect and reconnect over and over. Plus the problem happened the entire time I had the battery installed. Once I reinstalled the stock battery, everything went back to normal. It's a shame but you know how each of these phones are a little different from each other.

Reactions: andee39

andee39

Mar 17, 2013
New York
Yes, I sent it back already and Amazon sent me the refund pretty quickly, shipping too. I'm already on MK5 modem because I'm also on Boost but the loss of signal was pretty bad for me. If I was in a low signal area, I could see the antenna connect and reconnect over and over. Plus the problem happened the entire time I had the battery installed. Once I reinstalled the stock battery, everything went back to normal. It's a shame but you know how each of these phones are a little different from each other.

Bummer. :(

Downr@nge

Aug 1, 2010
Atlantic City
When the call is recording, do you have to have the speakerphone on in order to record the other party? I use Automatic Call Recorder from the play store and you must have the speakerphone on in order for it to record the other person's voice. So I think it is only recording the mic input.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Auto Call Record Mod 4.3 MK3/MK5 Touchwiz

Features:
    - This mod is for the SPH-L710 Touchwiz 4.3
    - This mod is safe to flash over a themed 4.3 rom. Please make sure you have a current backup available in case there are any issues.

To access custom settings:
    Phone/menu/Call settings/Custom settings

Recordings are saved in internal SD/Sounds

Additions:
    - added mod to completely remove Noise Reduction feature

Credits: Mythtrandyr for the original mod
    Could u please upload a kitkat 4.4.2 ND8 ver.
    Sorry, I no longer have a working SIII. If I get it repaired, I will try to update some of these.
    Addition:
    - added mod on the OP to completely remove Noise Reduction feature
    @tdunham <--- this guy is an awesome, yet "mod"est, asset to the Android Community. Keep up the awesomeness my friend.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    Your going to make a lot of people so happy with this one. Awesome job man, thanks. :good: