Homescreens/Google Now

Search This thread

mskulltula

Dec 23, 2013
Flashed the latest factory image to my Nexus 7 (2013), cannot seem to slide to the right for Google Now (looked thorugh settings), nor does it seem I can delete unused homescreens. Any suggestions/known issues?

hbar98

Oct 11, 2010
Lollipop doesn't come with the Google Now Launcher as the default. You'll need to install the Google Now Launcher from the playstore if you haven't already. After you install that, once you press the home key it should ask you which launcher you want to use. Make sure you choose the correct Google Now Launcher, select "Always" and you should be good to go.

If you have already installed the Google Now Launcher, I would suggest uninstalling it and then reinstalling it.

Reactions: mskulltula

jmo

Oct 28, 2005
What worked for me...

Flashed the latest factory image to my Nexus 7 (2013), cannot seem to slide to the right for Google Now (looked thorugh settings), nor does it seem I can delete unused homescreens. Any suggestions/known issues?

I had just had the same experience. Factory image with Google Now installed. I found that I needed to go into "Google Settings" and "Search & Now". For some reason, Google Now was switched off. I turned it on and now I have my swipe for Google Now back. I hope this helps.

Jonathan

mskulltula

Dec 23, 2013
Lollipop doesn't come with the Google Now Launcher as the default. You'll need to install the Google Now Launcher from the playstore if you haven't already. After you install that, once you press the home key it should ask you which launcher you want to use. Make sure you choose the correct Google Now Launcher, select "Always" and you should be good to go.

If you have already installed the Google Now Launcher, I would suggest uninstalling it and then reinstalling it.

Thank you, that did the trick. (silly me).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.