[ROM][KANG][2012.09.16] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 Milestone XT720

Search This thread

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
This is awesome buddy! WOW Thanks a bunch man very much appreciated, I love my XT should have never got the Nexus s I never even pay attention to it lmao.

Just one question for now, how can I get the market? I flashed the gapps but it didn't work, maybe I have the wrong one I will have to check later have to go to work now.

Thanks again fjfalcon this is unbelievable

abet1017

Feb 15, 2011
Thanks FJ I will try this rom tomorrow.... just one question, does 8mp wide camera feature work?

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
I will have flash when I get home sound really good
Thanks for all your work

Sent from my XT720 using XDA Premium App

fjfalcon

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 19, 2011
Schelkovo
Is there any fundamental difference between this one vs. JY's CM7 with Mioze's patch?

First - it builded from source, not ported from ms1.
Second - i can say what works either what not works.. it's only at development.
Third - i make fm radio works =)

BTW, i haven't enabled bootanimation.

So, bootting will like so:
Motorola logo->working system.

Last edited:

S7icky

Jun 23, 2011
First - it builded from source, not ported from ms1.
Second - i can say what works either what not works.. it's only at development.
Third - i make fm radio works =)

Ive tried all of the JY daddys roms and they all seem to have crap memory managment. Do you see yours being any better then his along those lines?

Mioze7Ae

Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
Building sensors drivers from source.

From the last github commit, it looks like you're trying the Defy sensors. Defy uses the same accelerometer (KTXF9) but one or both of the light and proximity sensors are different (IIRC). This is the one I used to fix the motoroi one (except that the compass seems to be rotated 90-deg for me. Reports are mixed though. I have an idea where the problem might be, just pretty busy this week IRL):

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_motorola_droid2/tree/gingerbread/libsensors

Mioze7Ae

Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
Ive tried all of the JY daddys roms and they all seem to have crap memory managment.

I think that's a generic gingerbread complaint and one of the reasons why Milaq continued CM6. I don't know or have an opinion whether it's a tuning problem or deeper changes within gingerbread. There seems to be a bunch of superstition.

Last edited:

S7icky

Jun 23, 2011
I think that's a generic gingerbread complaint and one of the reasons why Milaq continued CM6. I don't know or have an opinion whether it's a tuning problem or deeper changes within gingerbread. There seems to be a bunch of superstition.

What are you plans with your rom? lol or do you even know

fjfalcon

Jan 19, 2011
Schelkovo
From the last github commit, it looks like you're trying the Defy sensors. Defy uses the same accelerometer (KTXF9) but one or both of the light and proximity sensors are different (IIRC). This is the one I used to fix the motoroi one (except that the compass seems to be rotated 90-deg for me. Reports are mixed though. I have an idea where the problem might be, just pretty busy this week IRL):

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_motorola_droid2/tree/gingerbread/libsensors

Thanks, but nope. I only preparing build system to compile our sensors. I will add our light and proximity sensors later.

Reactions: B_e_n and Mioze7Ae

Mioze7Ae

Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
What are you plans with your rom? lol or do you even know

CM6? I'm still working out the FM radio (reading the smali from the stock Motoroi ROM and translating into java). I also can't figure out why the screenshot doesn't work. Also, there's a power management problem that it doesn't seem to go into deep sleep. I'd like to fix one or more of those before making another release. I'm still running CM6 as my primary ROM.

S7icky

Jun 23, 2011
CM6? I'm still working out the FM radio (reading the smali from the stock Motoroi ROM and translating into java). I also can't figure out why the screenshot doesn't work. Also, there's a power management problem that it doesn't seem to go into deep sleep. I'd like to fix one or more of those for the next release. I'm still running CM6 as my primary ROM.

The 2 best roms ive used so far is yours and brianili's just need all the stupid ****s and giggles fixed

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
OOPs I forgot one really important question before flashing lol. Does this support ext4? I think flashing bravo without ext4 support is what got me into my sdcard mess before. It seems as if it does since I flashed it and no major errors yet.

***Ps I think backlight stays lit when in sleep mode

***And the Gapps isn't working for me for some reason

***Market and market updater is listed in the manage apps but not showing in apps to open

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Yeah 2.3 gingerbread on my nexus appears to be horrible at memory management, if what you mean is free RAM. I normally show about 85mb free out of 512mb. I don't think that necessarily means horrible management. Unused RAM is supposed to be wasted RAM.

Last edited:

peshovec

Nov 11, 2010
touch...

as i remember there were something with boot animation changes...

for example

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14611825&postcount=4

also, as the touchroi binary "touches" somehow /dev/qts_dev to "fix" the touchscren and because

Code:
strings bin/bootanimation  | grep -i dev
_ZNK7android6Region3endEv
/dev/qts_dev

may be one of the hidden roles of bin/bootanimation is to enable or initialize the touchscreen

ok, may be disassembling both touchroi and bootanimation can give enough clue to find how to "fix" the touch

or just trying to use the bin/bootnamation will help ?

edit:
the above quoted bootanimation is from stock eclair... in the cyano`s bootanimation file, there is no such string

Last edited:

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
Well I'm impressed I like this cm7 alot.
I will see what I can for this build

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This rom compiled from CyanogenMod7 vanilla source, android 2.3.7 — for Milestone XT720.

Link:
    Archive

Peshovec test branch releases:
    20120123 build

Installing instructions:

Install milestone default 2.1 rom(Russian, CBW, Singapore, whatever);
    Root it with androot or superoneclickroot.
    Install last openrecovery build from Mioze7Ae.
    Download update, put it to /sdcard/openrecovery/updates and update it in openrecovery.

One man making and one man standing.. it's good... yes.
    But when team working together - that much better.
    For that we make "organization" in github, where everyone can commit his patch to source.
    So, everyone may join to our "organization" =)

https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720

Credits:
    CyanogenMod Developers,
    Quarx,Xvilka,Dexter, Mioze7Ae, Stifley, nadlabak, dateno1, j.y.daddy, easye420, mchlbenner, mediaon, peshovec, Skrilax_CZ, khalpowers, wanted, hellmonger, stlifey, Epsylon3
    People, there to many of you. Just THANK YOU for everyone who help me and who make this rom possible.
    Updater app

Here's a first attempt at an updater app. It's a port of milaq's cm4mm-updater for CM6.3 https://github.com/milaq/cm4mm-updater (which I understand is a continuation of a pre-RomManager CyanogenMod updater). At the moment, all I've done is change the default URL that the updater uses to read the available ROM list. Currently, it's probably more interesting to developers so don't get all whiny.

Some Notes:
    • Available ROMs are configured in the update_file.json file at https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720/cm4mm-updater-manifest -- the updater downloads and parses that file
    • Actual ROMs get pulled from https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720/android/downloads
    • ROMs can be marked stable ("S") or experimental ("X")...
    • The default preference is to not display experimental ROMs...
    • The only ROM currently available *is* marked experimental (it's fj's 18112011) -- so if you run this you won't see any ROMs until you manually change the preference
    • ROMs are downloaded directly into the /sdcard/OpenRecovery/updates folder
    • milaq puts cm4mmupdater.apk in prebuilt/app on CM6.3
    • There's a nice mechanism for including change logs, but I didn't do that. Look at milaq's *.json for a better example.
    New build, fixed camera recording.
    New build, new memory tweaks, new kernel tweaks, market identification fixed.. i hope.