[POLL] Android Dev Section for HTC HD7

Should there be an HD7 Android Dev Section?

• Total voters
Search This thread

devnode

May 11, 2011
Yes 659 94.14%
No 23 3.29%
I Do Not Care 18 2.57%

Please make android for hd7.

Yep. I agree to that. Please make it. 660 people vote for it... but think of those that didnt know about the rom/idea or even Xda.

Im always wondering why people are talking so "bad" about android for hd7.
I read alot posts from people that say.. " just get another phone with android on it"..but i think it would just be awesome to have android on hd7 too.
And actually i like the HD7 very much.

Of course it has to be cooked first but i bet there would be alot people that would love to help if there is anything they can help with.
I could offer host stuff etc.
Hope there some ppl will find further or later to build a nice Androidrom for HD7 :>

showlyshah

Mar 10, 2011
kerala
but how could we manage with a non removable( unless u open the phone) sd, or is that same issue of incompatible sd cards will still be there if we manage to get andoid running.
oh lol, i just got tired of waiting, and sold my hd7 for hd2.:D

HPD V6-beta( on test drive...) ON FIKERT r.2.16+ .

GODISMYCOPILOT

Jul 23, 2012
android section wont happen devs wont work on it it seems there frighted of the challenge or of the big bad wolf lol there is no dev publicly said there trying to

mas2kil

Jul 13, 2010
You guys should know how hard it is to flash android onto a WP7 phone. Also at this point theres other newer WP7 phones they can be working on.

jetbruceli

May 8, 2011
Bamberg, Germany
When will people understand u can not flash android to the hd7? Just like u can not flash wp7 to an android phone. The only one that was possible was the hd2 because of the hardware design.
Even if u did get it on it, it would lag like crazy!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: samilee1985

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since the first Android ROM running on the HD7 has appeared, is it time to start making new sections for the HD7? We all know how much development the HTC Leo a.k.a. the HTC HD received and it is only natural to expect the HD7 to receive just as much attention from the developers.

So what are your opinions on this? Should there be an Android section? Please comment below...

The first Android ROM video for the HD7 is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na44-qBtY8M&feature=player_embedded

Source: http://www.ppcgeeks.com/2011/04/08/htc-hd7-gets-an-android-port-fixed-video/
    I really admire your faith... I lost it already... Selling my useless HD7 on ebay this weekend... At least it can copy and paste now! That's going to be the topic of the auction... COPY & PASTE HD7 FOR SALE! Description... Don't you see the topic??? If I get lucky maybe I can sell it for the shipping & handling cost + ebay fees... so I don't end up in negative...

Sent from my HTC Inspire 3.5G using XDA Premium App with CM7.

Most certainly WP7 has great potential but there are number of things which even Mango update wont fix.
    1) most basic thing i miss is the flash support not only to view daily videos but to view most flash related websites.
    even with IE9 and html5 microsoft is still nowhere to give flash support in future.
    2) skype, microsoft has purchased the skype but still the future of skype on WP7 is laggy even with official announcements it seems it might take a lot of time come.
    3)lack of developers.
    compared to android WP7 is very limiting OS so most developers are turning away from WP7 already.
    the success of iphone or any android os was due to the readily available market apps which WP7 lacks.
    there are many number of things i can note down here,
    i love WP7 for its pros ( even i started to hate apple too after using this one) but there are a lot of unsolved issues yet to be delievered.
    android might solve it.
    so getting android on my HTC HD7 will be more then loved by me,
    Well we need more votes then just 14! C'mon people, exercise your right to vote :)
    I knew there were people wanting Android on their HD7 :p, why not get the Inspire 4G, Thunderbolt, or EVO 3D...we'll never know
    When will people understand u can not flash android to the hd7? Just like u can not flash wp7 to an android phone. The only one that was possible was the hd2 because of the hardware design.
    Even if u did get it on it, it would lag like crazy!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium HD app