Windows Phone 7 build 7.0.0.6077--for WP7 emulator only

Search This thread

elektrownik

Jun 30, 2008
Warsaw
Interesting: there is /sharedfolder option for emulator and it is described: Mounts directoryname as storage card., so there is support for memory card in WM 7 ? or it is emulator bug ?

vangrieg

Jul 30, 2007
Moscow
Well obviously the system itself supports storage cards and multitasking and copy/paste and whatever you can think of, whether it's accessible or not is just a matter of policy.

manic_dev

Mar 17, 2010
Do those theme resource dictionaries have any definitions for controls which are not part of the Developer CTP Kit. In particular Panorama controls, or the pivot controls, which are due to be coming within weeks apparently.

Also which of the apps which come with the OS are made in silverlight, and which are native running on the mysterious Iris Framework?

Also can any of the apps be decompiled for opening in Visual Studio or Expression Blend 4. Just so lowly designers like myself can get some idea how the pros do their stuff.

There are no templates or styles for objects that are not part of standard silverlight.

They talked about Panoramas briefly on Monday in one of the Channel 9 interviews. If I remember correctly, they said panoramas are just a series of UserControls stitched together with nice transitions. They also mentioned they would be sending out a project template. Who knows when ...

I just barely remember them talking about the pivot. Im sure there will be more information once I absorb all the breakout session recordings. But there is no mention of panaorama or pivot in any of the NETCF libraries on the device.

There is only one app not in .bin form on the image that is IL: CFPreLoadClient.exe. It has a referecence to mscorlib.dll and no code.
The only dlls that are IL and not in .bin form are the NETCF and XNA dlls.

I'll be checking out the .bin files later if I can dig up something convert them to something useful.

Raudi1

Jun 11, 2008
Ostwestfalen
Would it be possible to extract the Silverlight or XNA runtime from a wp7 ROM and put it into WM6.5? That way we could run apps for wp7 on our current systems.

0kk0

Oct 13, 2008
Would it be possible to extract the Silverlight or XNA runtime from a wp7 ROM and put it into WM6.5? That way we could run apps for wp7 on our current systems.

that would be awsome....still have copy paste+the goods of wp7s apps
without the ugly homescreen/tiles :p

ciko84xp

Jul 16, 2008
Rossano Calabro
Good night forum..

I have a problem... i try to use the emulator, but i can not start the emulation!

If i have understand right, i need the "IMGFS.BIN" of the ROM that i want emulate! right?

I have tryed to put the file "IMGFS.BIN" relative at the last LEO Shipped ROM on the XDE.exe, but i don't have any result... not even the error message "(null)"... :confused:

Why???????????

PS: how can I get the file IMGFS.BIN of this release of WP7 for the emulator? I've downloaded the rar archive of dumped WP7 ROM, but i can not trasform him in a .bin file for the emulator!

Last edited:

RustyGrom

Apr 18, 2006
Orlando
Just found this in officeres.dll....

 ± S e l e c t A l l P a s t e C o p y C u t € U n d o

and

&@D o n e '@C a n c e l  C o p y / P a s t e 9@S e l e c t T e x t € @P a s t e &@ € '@

and

@C o p y @C u t B@D e l e t e @S e l e c t A l l € -@C l o s e @ € -@

and more. Definitely seems like some sort of copy/paste is supported in the office apps or at least was planned at one time.

Last edited:

SonicFlare

Jul 27, 2008
Cook your own WMp7 ROM

You can cook your own emulator ROM with WP7

Here is the tools:
BOOOFF and XIPPort.

With B000FF:
1. Convert BIN->NB0
2. In ReplaceFiles hit "NB0 map" to get the file listing of the ROM
3. (PROFIT!)
4. Apply changes to file (or remove them) (It's applying changes directly, so be carefull)
5. Convert NB0->BIN
6. Apply "Fix 12" (Select original .bin file, and the converted one)
7. Run emulator
"C:\%PROGRAM FILES%\Microsoft XDE\1.0\XDE.exe" "%YOUR BIN HERE"

With XIPPort:
You are able to make a full dump of ROM
1. Hit "dump .bin". It will create an "OUT" folder with "FILES" and "MODULES" subfolder. You can modify files, or remove them.
2. When you done,hit "write .nb0" it will create a .nb0 file from OUT folder.
3. Use B000FF to convert nb0->bin and apply "Fix 12" (from step 5 in B000FF)

Attachments

• BOOOFF_XIPPort.zip
    240 KB · Views: 581
Last edited:
Reactions: quad muffin

The PRO

Apr 17, 2009
Just found this in officeres.dll....

 ± S e l e c t A l l P a s t e C o p y C u t € U n d o

and

&@D o n e '@C a n c e l  C o p y / P a s t e 9@S e l e c t T e x t € @P a s t e &@ € '@

and

@C o p y @C u t B@D e l e t e @S e l e c t A l l € -@C l o s e @ € -@

and more. Definitely seems like some sort of copy/paste is supported in the office apps or at least was planned at one time.

Those are for the copy, paste, undo etc functions on Office Mobile, the ones we see at the bottom of the screen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cook your own WMp7 ROM

You can cook your own emulator ROM with WP7

Here is the tools:
    BOOOFF and XIPPort.

With B000FF:
    1. Convert BIN->NB0
    2. In ReplaceFiles hit "NB0 map" to get the file listing of the ROM
    3. (PROFIT!)
    4. Apply changes to file (or remove them) (It's applying changes directly, so be carefull)
    5. Convert NB0->BIN
    6. Apply "Fix 12" (Select original .bin file, and the converted one)
    7. Run emulator
    "C:\%PROGRAM FILES%\Microsoft XDE\1.0\XDE.exe" "%YOUR BIN HERE"

With XIPPort:
    You are able to make a full dump of ROM
    1. Hit "dump .bin". It will create an "OUT" folder with "FILES" and "MODULES" subfolder. You can modify files, or remove them.
    2. When you done,hit "write .nb0" it will create a .nb0 file from OUT folder.
    3. Use B000FF to convert nb0->bin and apply "Fix 12" (from step 5 in B000FF)
    Can anyone post another link for the new WMP7 Unlocked Emulator,
    because the uploader decided to take down the link
    Bump.

The latest build I have is 7629. I'm struggling to find a dump of a more recent build. Does someone have a lead?

You can always do it yourself, as long as you have the BIN.