[ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4 / CM7+ (Gingerbread)

Search This thread

ariel_jesus237

Oct 25, 2007
Is there anyway to stop this ROM or Android from rebooting whenever it feels like it? I have my V overclocked to 480 MHz min 806 MHz max interactive but when things get too intense or something I guess (especially when streaming video), it just reboots and that's getting really annoying. I realize why this happens, just wondering if there is any way to FORCE it NOT to reboot, because I am boss of the droid and should have some say in this lol.

majikfox

Oct 25, 2010
This build is affected by this bug.

Whereas:

1. A cable is plugged into the headphone jack.
2. Streamfurious or Winamp (or any other app) is playing music.
3. I am using Google Navigation.

When these three conditions are met the volume for Google Navigation is too low to hear.

All volume settings are set to maximum (media, ringer, notification, system).

The bug was introduced in 2.3.3.

Since the only new feature in 2.3.3 is NFC and the Optimus does not have a NFC chip, I'm recommending a revert to the previous release.

Last edited:
Reactions: V@no

majikfox

Oct 25, 2010
> Is there anyway to stop this ROM or Android from rebooting whenever it feels like it?

> I have my V overclocked to 480 MHz min 806 MHz max

You just answered your own question.

majikfox

Oct 25, 2010
Does anyone know if the bug of not being able to charge after the phone was turned off is fixed or does the phone still turn on when plugged in?

That's a carrier specified hardware feature. Virgin requires all hardware manufacturers to enable it.

All of Virgin Mobile's phones power on when you plug them in so people can see the Virgin Mobile logo.

ariel_jesus237

Oct 25, 2007
> Is there anyway to stop this ROM or Android from rebooting whenever it feels like it?

> I have my V overclocked to 480 MHz min 806 MHz max

You just answered your own question.
Obviously not since what I want to do is force it to not reboot regardless of the clock speed which is stable for the most part....

Edit: It also does the same when clocked at default speed, in fact it is more likely to reboot when streaming video I've noticed. So it can't just be the clock speed is too high.

Last edited:

majikfox

Oct 25, 2010
> It worked the very first day, but after that it stopped working (using AudioGalaxy)

> I see the controls, but when I press them nothing happens.

That sounds like an app specific problem. Try clearing data/cache for that app.

> Also- is there an automatic brightness setting for this phone???

No, that requires the phone to have an ambient light sensor and the Optimus V does not have one.

majikfox

Oct 25, 2010
Just something else I noticed, I am only showing one bar, yet Open signal is reporting 91% strength

Signal bars represent signal mode for the current radio mode.

If your app is reporting CDMA signal strength but your phone is in EVDO data mode you'll see one bar for signal but 91% strength in your app because there are more CDMA-supporting towers than EVDO-supporting towers.

pandulce1

May 13, 2010
New York
Is there anyway to stop this ROM or Android from rebooting whenever it feels like it? I have my V overclocked to 480 MHz min 806 MHz max interactive but when things get too intense or something I guess (especially when streaming video), it just reboots and that's getting really annoying. I realize why this happens, just wondering if there is any way to FORCE it NOT to reboot, because I am boss of the droid and should have some say in this lol.

Overclocking to 806MHz causes your phone to crash and restart. Would you prefer it to lock up so you'd have to remove the battery? OC'ing to 864MHz might just do it. :p

DestUndead

Apr 3, 2011

Buy another optimistic v and hope it has a better CPU. Each CPU is different. Some can handle 848 or 864 and some can't handle anything above 768 or whatever. You will just have to set the Max lower. There is no app or anything to fix that.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

ariel_jesus237

Oct 25, 2007
Really? That's weird a hell lol why would they be different... But oh well.

Overclocking to 806MHz causes your phone to crash and restart. Would you prefer it to lock up so you'd have to remove the battery? OC'ing to 864MHz might just do it. :p

I'd prefer to disable automatic reboot even if it means I'd have to remove the battery sometimes.

joshua.justice

Feb 12, 2011
Cincinnati
That's a carrier specified hardware feature. Virgin requires all hardware manufacturers to enable it.

All of Virgin Mobile's phones power on when you plug them in so people can see the Virgin Mobile logo.

It isn't cause why I plug it in from being completely off to charge it it goes to the charging screen, in stock rom. With this it boots as though I powered up the device.

ariel_jesus237

Oct 25, 2007
Thanks a lot for the info guys, I did not know this. My phone doesn't reboot randomly at 806 which is why I consider it stable but when push comes to shove and an app misbehaves, it doesn't like it. I just wish there was a way to disable that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3dg2E.png
    e4dwl.png
    mf1NZ.png

aospCWMod-VM670-20110531.img
    MD5: e75e92d259c675b9dfd5113bd1cd0939
    gapps-gb-20110325-signed.zip
    MD5: 4cbe712c0bde778fb7f2d32d32b57dd8

MD5:
    [GPL] Kernel Source

HOWTO Logcat
    Code:
    [CENTER][B][U]PC via ADB:[/U][/B]
    adb logcat > /path/logcat.txt
    ctrl+c

[B][U]Phone via Terminal emulator:[/U][/B]
    logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt 
    press the trackball (for ctrl) and c to end the output.[/CENTER]
    :eek: WHO EVER FIXED MMS IS LEGENDARY!!!!!!!!!!!! this rom is officially a daily! thank u very much 4 ur hard work!

the fella in the first post that created this thread dont forget to use the thanks button to thank him ;)
    I thought Rom Manager would make it easier for everyone I'll provide a separate mirror for the next build

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Virgin mobile incoming mms working!!!!!!!!

new link is up ladies and gents with working incoming mms enjoy ;)
    TESTING... TESTING... WORKING!!!
    Don't know if you guys care, and this may not work for you, but......
    If you want a fix for the camera focus bug:Download & Flash:
    Fix_Camera_Focus.zip

I pulled the Camera and Libraries From the 04/27 Build of AOSP and built them into a flashable ZIP. I Love this ROM and i am getting sick of no focus on pix.

What Works:
    Auto-Focus (guides always stays red even when focused)
    Camcorder
    Barcode Scanner

Still Broken:
    Zoom=.1x-.5x (sorry)

If you get a could not connect to camera problem try re-flashing the ZIP that seemed to work for me.
    I also put this in to the 06/01 build of the ROM to test it and it seems to work as well.
    aospCMod-VM670-20110601-CAMFIX.zip
    Files pulled: /system/app/Camera.apk and the /system/lib/libcamera.so files From 04/27 ROM build

Image Taken of text on macro mode next to microSD card (Resized to 320x240)
    IMG_20110619_213917.jpg