How to flash stock At&t rom??

Search This thread

maiquito

Apr 30, 2013
Coamo
How do I flash my phone back to stock At&t stock rom if my device is rooted and has unlocked bootloader. I tried using a method with rsd lite and it didnt work. Any help?

maiquito

Apr 30, 2013
Coamo
Did you grab up the correct modified xml file for the version you are trying to flash?

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

My device is rooted and has unlocked bootloader and is running Cyanogenmod 11.0. I'm trying to flash stock At&t rom: MB886_att-user-4.1.1-9.8.0Q-97_MB886_FFW-20-27-release-keys-ATT-US_BuildA.xml . How can I do so? Because I connect my device and rsd lite detects it but doesn't read it's info or nothing and you click start and says failed... What should I do?

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
My device is rooted and has unlocked bootloader and is running Cyanogenmod 11.0. I'm trying to flash stock At&t rom: MB886_att-user-4.1.1-9.8.0Q-97_MB886_FFW-20-27-release-keys-ATT-US_BuildA.xml . How can I do so? Because I connect my device and rsd lite detects it but doesn't read it's info or nothing and you click start and says failed... What should I do?

Try this link for xml file.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2231249

maiquito

Apr 30, 2013
Coamo
This is the error I get following that thread. If just someone could help me.
10elgfa.jpg

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
What steps I have to do with the tool?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

You have to do the step called read and stop being lazy and asking us to do the work you can do all on your own.

EDIT

In addition to the above, I ammend this post to refer you to this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2350721 , and inform you that right now, by not making any attempt to do things yourself and begging for us to fix things for you, you are being exactly like the character in the video at the bottom of post #1 from the enclosed link.

Last edited:
Reactions: skeevydude

maiquito

Apr 30, 2013
Coamo
You have to do the step called read and stop being lazy and asking us to do the work you can do all on your own.

EDIT

In addition to the above, I ammend this post to refer you to this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2350721 , and inform you that right now, by not making any attempt to do things yourself and begging for us to fix things for you, you are being exactly like the character in the video at the bottom of post #1 from the enclosed link.

Well if you entered on my thread is to help me. If you didn't wanted to help and tell the steps. You shouldn't had posted!!

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
Well if you entered on my thread is to help me. If you didn't wanted to help and tell the steps. You shouldn't had posted!!

I did help you out, I gave you the link to that xml thread. It still didn't work for you, so you were told to use Mythtools. Mythtools is in the development section, not that hard to find, which is why devilsking told you to go search for it. the instructions are very clear in the Mythtools thread, so when you ask "what steps i have to do with the tool?", it's very clear that you did not read properly. so thats why i referred you to the noob thread.

If I can flash back to stock by reading the directions, so can you.

WARNING: BESURE YOU ARE UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER BEFORE FLASHING/DOWNGRADING FIRMWARE!

Some users dont notice our warning before flashing and they stuck/fail at bootscreen.
Note:
- For the option of installing CWM: plz rename the /system/etc/install-recovery.sh to install-recovery.sh.bak before installing. Sr all users who got trouble with this. I forgot this step =.= Will add in next version.
-----------------------------------------------------------
This tool is created by The Myth Team for Motorola Atrix HD
All comments to help improving tools are always welcome!
-----------------------------------------------------------
MAIN PARTS:
1. Installer ADB/FASTBOOT/APKTOOL for AHD
2. Flashing Tools for stock firmwares (compatible with ICS/JB of AT&T, BELL and Mexico AHD;
include options for installing CWM recovery, no needs to care about editing xml any more, just put firmware into our tools and it will do for you)
3. Flashing Recovery
4. Rooting Tools (Motochopper - By Dan Rosenberg; it's combined here to bring the convinience for users after
installing stock firmwares)
5. Unlocking Bootloader Tools (Motopocalypse - By Dan Rosenberg; it's combined here with the same target as
rooting tools but it's necesary for users who want to flash other carrier's firmwares on their AHD)
6. Dowload Motorola USB Driver (Lastest driver)
EXTRA PARTS:
3 Quick reboot Options
------------------------------------------------------------
HOW TO USE:
1. For the installer, just select option and it will open a new window, select Install button and it will install adb/fastboot/apktool to your windows. If your windows dont allow to install (due to UAC control), u can select installer in /tools folder and run it under administration mode. With this installer, u dont need sdk-platform anymore to use adb or fastboot. Just need to have JDK and it will run normally.

*Noobed down instructions - select option 1, and place files in any directory you intend to use.*

2. To flash stock firmware, you only have to download stock firmware (*.zip file) and put it in 'firmware' folder then run our tools. Follow its instructions and options to finish the flash process. Dont need to edit xml files and No more worries about failure with RSDLite. We have tested all firmwares of AHD (ICS 4.0.4, JB 4.1.1, 4.1.2 of Bell, AT&T, Mexico Retail) with our tools and they worked.

*Place stock files in firmware folder*

3. Option allows users to install cwm recovery or custom recovery (it's up to users). To flash custom recovery, you can place recovery image (*.img) to 'recovery folder and run the tools.

*Place custom recovery img in recovery folder*

4,5. This is popular and famous tools by Dan Rosenberg. I think I dont need to explain again

*Self explanitory*

6. This is link for Driver on Motorola site. Just in case you miss it or need to install again.

*Also self explanitory*

This tool does display directions on the screen as you go through the process, so its really dummy proof

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
My system is rooted and bootloader unlocked

I didn't ask you that and I wasn't advising that.

MAIN PARTS:
1. Installer ADB/FASTBOOT/APKTOOL for AHD
****** 2. Flashing Tools for stock firmwares (compatible with ICS/JB of AT&T, BELL and Mexico AHD;
include options for installing CWM recovery, no needs to care about editing xml any more, just put firmware into our tools and it will do for you)*****

tork0112

Jun 6, 2013
I was unable to get myth tools to successfully complete any action I tried.
Rsd lite worked for after a few tries.

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts