Lapdock HDMI

Search This thread

zanzee

Apr 2, 2006
Has anyone that used the s3 on the lapdock with the 11pin MHL adapter get it to display full screen? The s3 displays on the lapdock, but the resolution is terrible. It also shows black bars on top and bottom of the image. I have tried stock rom, BeansTown rom, and LiquidSmooth rom. My phone is the VZW version if it makes a difference.

Also, has anyone here actually used the lapdock with the 11pin to 5pin adapter and the 5pin MHL? The 5pin MHL works fine on the lapdock with my GNex, although it is slighty grainy. Someone please chime in cause i am about to order the 11 to 5pin on amazon.
Edit: Forgot to mention that i have the Atrix lapdock. Also, does the wireless Allshare hub do full screen or is it the same?

Thanks

I did test with the 11pin MHL adapter, it does the same letter box. To make it display properly we'd need to force it into 720p mode. It worked perfectly with my ps3/xbox360 in 720p.

fire3element

Dec 22, 2009
I did test with the 11pin MHL adapter, it does the same letter box. To make it display properly we'd need to force it into 720p mode. It worked perfectly with my ps3/xbox360 in 720p.

If I understand it correctly, the 11pin outputs in 1080p. I do not know if there is a way to downgrade to 720p. Hopefully it is possible, but I havnt seen it done yet. That is why I asked if anyone tried it with a 5pin MHL and the 11-5pin adapter. The 5pin MHL does 720p so it might work on the lapdock this way. I have pretty much given up on the MHL+USB OTG at the same time to utilize the keyboard and mouse. Looks like Samsucks shafted everyone again on what was "supposed" to be possible and what actually is possible. Sadness...

fflakes

Apr 10, 2010
Trying to setup with lapdock with the evo 4g. I managed to get hdmi output as of now, but have problem getting the usb to connect. It goes to car mode when I plug it in unless I turn car mode off. It does charge, but the keyboard and mouse does not work.

Do I need usb host/OTG capabilities for the atrix keyboard to work? Seems like evo does not have this afaik. I've reached the limits of my abilities and so any suggestion would be appreciated.

I'm on classic rom with anthrax kernel.

Reactions: rlridgeway

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can confirm that the lapdock does indeed work as a hdmi monitor and usb mouse / keyboard, I had some spare time and tried it out.

*update*
    I just spliced a USB A to a micro USB female, works great on my ps3. I just connected USB Rx Tx and ground, Don't bother connecting USB +5vdc red as it sends power up stream and may damage whatever your connecting it to.

here's a video of it in action.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On8e6kuqeF0

I sent an email to sparkfun inquiring about a micro hdmi female breakout board and here's they're response:

Level 1 level1@sparkfun.com to me

show details 2:33 PM (1 hour ago)

Hi XXXX,

Thank you for your breakout board product suggestion. You bring up a great point about seeing this type of connection more and more. I will forward it on the appropriate people to see if this is something we can make and carry. Thank you again and have a great day!

Take care,
    Pamela

Hopefully we see something from this.
    It'd be awesome if you could post some pictures, such as a game console or camera :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On8e6kuqeF0 go here, I just made a simple video demo'ing it working with my ps3.
    What kind of usb slicing is involved?

I just spliced a USB A to a micro USB female, works great on my ps3. I just connected USB Rx Tx and ground, Don't bother connecting USB +5vdc red as it sends power up stream and may damage whatever your connecting it to.
    The lapdock is pretty much a dummy usb kb/mouse & hdmi display. We're pointing out different things that could be done w/ it. Ie, a very small system on chip w/ usb ports & an hdmi out would allow the lapdock to be used as a cheap & light netbook-y unit w/o the phone plugged in.

But mainly, it's the fact that you can use the lapdock as an 11" hdmi monitor w/ audio for pretty much anything. :)

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App
    Well, actually the latest CM weekly has LS HDMI mirroring, so the idea was to get the lapdock to hold me over until the eight core convertible tablets (the form factor of the Transformer Prime) start coming out. So would anybody be so kind as to test this with Cyanogenmod, Neutrino, etc.?

Latest weekly has LS HDMI?! :D does it work well on a TV? If so, I would be glad to try. I'll even post a video if I get it working since I wrote the previously linked guide anyway (btw, thanks for linking it earlier youareme7)

Edit: I don't think my trick will work since it does not attempt to load Webtop. But maybe there is some other trickery. I'll nandroid backup my current Wet Dream (just set it up this morning too :( and give it a go anyway)