[Batch/Script] MFBSR - Moto-Fastboot: Stock Restore

Search This thread

blindox

Dec 8, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
can i use this ?

I have a At&t atrix with unlocked bootloader. Now I'm using the neutrino ROM (android version 2.3.7).
I want to restore my Atrix to the factory ROM, just like I bought .
So, using this tool, will it restore my phone to the begining status ?
Thanks for the attention.

Please, anyone who have the FSB.rar , please reupload that file.

Alaq

Jan 21, 2011
U.S.
EDIT: Apparently I don't have the files anymore? So I can't upload them, I'll PM one of the members who downloaded it and will ask them to reupload. Sorry for this guys!

Last edited:

blindox

Dec 8, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
I have a At&t atrix with unlocked bootloader. Now I'm using the neutrino ROM (android version 2.3.7).
Thanks for the attention.

Please, anyone who have the FSB.rar , please reupload that file.

Can anyone please reupload the file! thanks!

Alaq

Jan 21, 2011
U.S.
Alright, I remade the script, zipped it with the .img's and the fastboot files. I'm going to upload to mediafire soon, please wait!

Reactions: blindox

Alaq

Jan 21, 2011
U.S.
Which sbf was used in this package? seems like it just completes a full wipe then sbf's back to stock image....should be pretty easy to do by hand. I recommend this...http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991072

NO! Never do this. SBF is very dangerous for your phone. This is similar to SBF but it only flashes the system.img and boot.img, making the chance of a brick very thin. SBF has high bricking rates. This was made from Kennith's 4.5.91 gingerbread files.

Notice: Rejoice! I have finished the upload! Go to the OP to download now!

blindox

Dec 8, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
NO! Never do this. SBF is very dangerous for your phone. This is similar to SBF but it only flashes the system.img and boot.img, making the chance of a brick very thin. SBF has high bricking rates. This was made from Kennith's 4.5.91 gingerbread files.

Notice: Rejoice! I have finished the upload! Go to the OP to download now!

Thanks for the reupload ! Really Thanks !
Let me ask you a question!

Swiftks

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
Thanks for the reupload ! Really Thanks !
Let me ask you a question!

Flash a fruitcake... it will still be unlocked though... but with stock Gingerbread.

Alaq

Jan 21, 2011
U.S.
Hello my friend,
you know if even using the Neutrino 2.3.7 version of Android, I can use this tool? To restore to ''factory'' status !
I prefer to ask before having a permabrick!
Thanks for your attention
This is 2.3.4 and I have never tested this on 2.3.7. I don't suggest using it until I test it on higher frameworks. Use Fruit Cakes to flash back to any stock (2.3.X (4/5/6)). You can flash those like you flash any ROM!

blindox

Dec 8, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
This is 2.3.4 and I have never tested this on 2.3.7. I don't suggest using it until I test it on higher frameworks. Use Fruit Cakes to flash back to any stock (2.3.X (4/5/6)). You can flash those like you flash any ROM!

Thanks for the answer.
I will use the Fruit Cakes. I knew there is a kind o specific version of fruitcake to each case. You may have used the fruitcake. As I said, I'm in version 2.3.7 rom with Neutrino, you would know by the case which version I should use?
You will do some testing with version 2.3.7?

Thanks for your answer and patience!

Alaq

Jan 21, 2011
U.S.
Thanks for the answer.
I will use the Fruit Cakes. I knew there is a kind o specific version of fruitcake to each case. You may have used the fruitcake. As I said, I'm in version 2.3.7 rom with Neutrino, you would know by the case which version I should use?
You will do some testing with version 2.3.7?

Thanks for your answer and patience!

You can flash any Fruit Cake you want, because of how it's designed you won't get bricked by downgrading using them, so you can use any fruit cake. I suggest 2.3.6 since it's closest to what you have...

sendust7

Oct 24, 2011
California
Thanks to Alaq for compiling this handy script. Dumb question: The script doesn't show webtop.img. Is this included in system.img?

Thanks
Bob

echo Erasing Boot...
moto-fastboot erase boot
echo Erasing System...
moto-fastboot erase system
echo Flashing Boot...
moto-fastboot flash boot boot.img
echo Flashing System...
moto-fastboot flash system system.img
echo Your phone is now back on stock firmware!

Alaq

Jan 21, 2011
U.S.
Thanks to Alaq for compiling this handy script. Dumb question: The script doesn't show webtop.img. Is this included in system.img?

Thanks
Bob

echo Erasing Boot...
moto-fastboot erase boot
echo Erasing System...
moto-fastboot erase system
echo Flashing Boot...
moto-fastboot flash boot boot.img
echo Flashing System...
moto-fastboot flash system system.img
echo Your phone is now back on stock firmware!

Oh, no this doesn't flash a webtop.img. I could make one but the file size would be 700mb+ so I suggest using one of Sam's Fruit Cakes to flash the webtop.

timeshare1234

Oct 16, 2011
I just used this to try to get back to stock and now it is in a boot loop. It just keeps booting up until it gets to the Rethink Possible Att symbol and then doesn't do anything. After about 3 mins it reboots again and goes into the same thing. Any help?

Also, do i only run the file that says "Moto-FB Stock Restore" or do i run something after that?

Last edited:

Alaq

Jan 21, 2011
U.S.
I just used this to try to get back to stock and now it is in a boot loop. It just keeps booting up until it gets to the Rethink Possible Att symbol and then doesn't do anything. After about 3 mins it reboots again and goes into the same thing. Any help?

Also, do i only run the file that says "Moto-FB Stock Restore" or do i run something after that?

Hmmm. I have only used this once myself and it never boot looped. I'll recheck it just in case. Until then you can go back to stock with Fruit Cakes, you must have installed CWM to flash Cherry ROM so, Follow these:

1. Pull battery from phone. It's no good to waste the battery, especially if you can't charge it!
2. Go here for FFW. If your on Windows download 2.0, if on Linux download 3.2. Extract to your desktop for easy access.
3. Go here for Fruit Cakes, download any "System and Boot" version (2.3.(4/5/6)), and download a webtop version if you want. After download copy them to your internal storage.
4. Boot into fastboot mode. Connect cable to computer, and open "Moto-FB Full Wipe", it should say "Windows Batch File" next to it. Follow the prompts.
5. When it restarts your phone quickly boot into recovery! Then wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, and wipe davlik cache.
6. Flash the ROM you downloaded from the internal storage, if you downloaded the webtop flash it right after.
7. Reboot and your done! (You see how much easier mine was!)

Reactions: timeshare1234

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Like every developer says:
    I AM NOT HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR DEVICE!

What is MFBSR?
    MFBSR is a script written in batch that will automatically revert your phone back to 2.3.4 stock.

Info:
    Carrier: AT&T
    Phone: MB860
    Android Version: 2.3.4
    Webtop Version: 2.3.4
    Flashes: Boot, System, and Webtop
    Done Via: Moto-Fastboot

What does it do?
    I'll pretty much sum it up like this, it erases the boot, system, and webtop, then re-installs all of them and reboots the phone.

Instructions:
    1. Download MFBSR.
    2. Boot into fastboot.
    3. Run the script.
    4. Your done!

Screenshots:
    Moto-Fastboot Stock Restore
    fbsj.png

Download:
    Uploaded! Download as you please!
    Moto-Fastboot Stock Restore: http://www.mediafire.com/?9a6h8uj9ok5m9pv

Who helped make it?
    Alaq - Me - The script.
    Brief Mobile-This.
    Boot Looping Fix

Greetings, I am a noob and this is my first post, but I too have tried to use this script to get back to stock and it just keeps booting up until it gets to the At&t symbol & Rethink Possible slogan and then it would restarts. So here is what I did to fix it:

*Booted into recovery mode by holding the down volume button & pressing the fingerprint button.

*Selected Advance

*Selected Wipe Dalvik Cache

*Then after that, Selected Data & Factory Reset

*I then rebooted and after a slight pause on the At&t symbol & Rethink Possible slogan, it booted right up.

Hope this helps someone who has had this same problem.
    This is great for the noobs, people love automated things!
    That's true, which is why it's great for everyone, not just noobs. ;) (Why so-called "experienced" people have such a complete aversion to things that make their lives easier I'll never understand...)
    For which devices ? AT&T ? Bell? Orange ? is it works for all?

Thanks !

Oh sorry, I'll add that to the post... It's AT&T...
    Alright, I remade the script, zipped it with the .img's and the fastboot files. I'm going to upload to mediafire soon, please wait!