Goodbye Captivate!

Search This thread

suresh13

Mar 5, 2010
Penang
Sigh, just as things were getting really hot in the dev section, my beloved cappy got stolen and its time to move on.. really a good phone :) hope you all still have fun with your cappys!!

RootTheMachine

Oct 4, 2011
Have you tried using an app to find it? There are some for that exact purpose that you can remotely download and use to track your phone

Sent from my CM9 ICS i897 Captivate

suresh13

Mar 5, 2010
Penang
Have you tried using an app to find it? There are some for that exact purpose that you can remotely download and use to track your phone

Sent from my CM9 ICS i897 Captivate

I was too late.. by the time i got to a pc to install plan b, the thief had already swapped sim card. And considering i had just flashed weui, i didn't have the time to restore all my apps prior to it getting stolen. :mad:

Snow_fox

Jun 6, 2010
OnePlus 7 Pro
Sigh, just as things were getting really hot in the dev section, my beloved cappy got stolen and its time to move on.. really a good phone :) hope you all still have fun with your cappys!!

My condolences :(

It is amazing how great this phone is.. still kickin..

Any idea where you may go from here? if you have an upgrade you have quite a few nice options at least.

bravomail

Jan 12, 2011
Detroit
My suggestion is - backup and keep simple 9-dot lock.
Also I don't keep any financial info on the phone. NFC will fail.

spotdog14

Apr 27, 2011
I can't bring myself to ditch the Captivate just yet, though the new HTC One X looks pretty awesome. The windshield mount and desktop stand are one of the best I have ever used thats why I can't tear myself away just yet.

objectuser

Apr 16, 2012
After rooting my Captivate and installing a new ROM (Slim ICS), it's like a new phone.

The One X does look cool, but I'm surprised there's no SD slot. Still, probably no issue for most people.

We'll see how soon the shiny wears off, but ICS on my Captivate is fast, functional and just really nice. So I can wait for a more optimal-for-me phone.

Wezz0

Nov 17, 2011
dropped my captivate a couple weeks ago... cracked the screeen...kinda want the nexus =p

rs3freak

Apr 26, 2012
New York
That's terrible man :/....I've had my cappy for a while now and I have fallen back in love with it...first had it and I didn't like it then I got into rooting and stuff and then found how to flash roms and stuff and now I don't need an upgrade :) I love ittttt

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

mrhaley30705

Mar 12, 2011
North Georgia
Craigslist usually has them for about $100-150. Sometimes you can find one that's boot looped someone wants to sell, thinking its permanently borked.

Darkangels6sic6

Feb 3, 2011
That's horrible! You have all our hopes behind you. As said a couple posts up they can be found relatively cheap on Craigslist. Sometimes cheaper than $100 if you're really lucky or they looped it.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

III Man

Jan 17, 2011
Wow, that sucks. After reading this I'm going to be extra paranoid about not losing my phone for a while. :p

oxbeast1210

Dec 7, 2010
My buddy just upgraded the note I got him to sell me the captivate for 40 bucks :)
sorry some piece of crap got yours :(

stinkynoon

Feb 26, 2011
I feel your pain man! Mine was stolen a little over a year ago too... I know the hoe-bag that stole it too, but couldn't prove it :-( I have since gotten another one of course, but thinking about it still pisses me off!

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA Premium App