The Orca Project 4.2+ Nightlies - Toro

Search This thread

drewgaren

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 4, 2010
Detroit
The Orca Project 4.2+

platlogo.png

The Orca Project is back with new builds in built straight from AOSP using 4.2.2 for multiple devices including Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Nexus S, Galaxy S III, and adding more devices daily. Nightly builds are available now on goo.im, through goo manager and drewgaren.com!

The Orca Project is composed of multiple of source including AOSP, AOKP, CM, Paranoid Android, Xylon, Xposed DPI and Rootbox Tools. Thus making this the best packaged deal around right now. More and More Features are getting added in each build and in the future the Orca Project hopes to bring everything you could possibly need in one rom.

Features:

* Android 4.2.2 Update
* ORCASettings
* DPI Settings (Xposed)
* Rom Updates
* OrcaTools Rom Settings (Based Off of RootBox)
* PIE! (Paranoid Android)
* Profiles
* Performance Control
* ORCA Wallpapers
* Themes
* Lock Screen Settings
* Chronus
* Sound Recorder
* Device Parts for Available Devices
* Expandable Sound Settings
* NFC Profiles
* DSP Manager and Apollo Player
* Transparent Statusbar and NavBar Options
* DeskClock with Flip alarm and Shake Off
* AOKP MMS with Color and Theming Options
* Build Prop Tweaks
* Init.d Tweaks
* NFC Polling
* Quiet Hours
* Headset Music App Launch
* CMFilemanger and ThemeManager
* GOO Manager Pre Installed
* ORCA STATS
* Vertical CRT, Option to turn CRT on/off
* Expanded Sound Option in Orca Settings, Ascending Ringtones and Additional Sound Options
* additional stuff I forgot to mention.
* Cherry Picks from AOKP, CM, PARANOID, CREDITS TO GOO.IM FOR GOOMANAGER, ROOTBOX for the base of ORCATOOLS, ANYBODY ELSE I FORGOT THANKS .

ORCA TORO DOWNLOADS ANDROID 4.2.2
http://drewgaren.com/DrewGaren.com/Orca_DL_toro.html
http://goo.im/devs/drewgaren/toro
GAPPS

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-08-20-54-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-08-20-54-27.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 5,890
  • Screenshot_2013-02-08-21-09-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-08-21-09-02.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 7,843
  • Screenshot_2013-02-20-21-20-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-20-21-20-37.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 6,179
  • Screenshot_2013-02-20-21-20-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-20-21-20-58.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 6,092
  • Screenshot_2013-02-20-21-21-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-20-21-21-37.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 5,899
Last edited:

daviddemarco79

Aug 17, 2010
Might have to give it a go since the new AOKP has been acting bugging for me and killing my battery life.... How's battery life on this and what's a good kernel for this rom

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

lchupacabras

Aug 21, 2009
Downloading now, will nandroid and test out in about 20 mins; I'll report back anything strange. Thanks for the new ROM to play with :D

Southern_mind

Mar 22, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Might have to give it a go since the new AOKP has been acting bugging for me and killing my battery life.... How's battery life on this and what's a good kernel for this rom

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Man i was having all kinds of issues with the newest aokp. Even bluetooth was not wanting to stay connected. But carbon rom has been working perfect. Now I'm going to try this out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

lchupacabras

Aug 21, 2009
Fun ROM, sorry I took so long to reply again I just got off of work finally. Anyway found a couple bugs...

In the toggle settings the "Profiles" toggle makes SystemUI force close while selected.

The mute state doesnt work (though this may be an AOKP bug).

My CRT animation is landscape... Even in portrait... Not sure what set that off.

Also had two random reboots, once while setting up and once while writing this post.

Great ROM with lots of features : D keep up the good work!

cubsfan187

Dec 11, 2010
Elgin,IL
I had the alarm set this morning and when it went off, the phone rebooted. Tried 6 times to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Happened every time.

cubsfan187

Dec 11, 2010
Elgin,IL
You "could" but who knows what bugs you'd end up with. Since this is true 4.2.2 and most of the others you still need to flash things to get other kernels to work and things like that, it could pose a problem.

On another note, after the rebooting for each alarm set, 3 random reboots on my way to work. (35 min drive) I really like the look/feel of this rom so I hope this gets worked out soon. Can someone else confirm the rebooting when the alarm goes off please?

Last edited:

hogowner

Jul 13, 2010
NYC #1
You "could" but who knows what bugs you'd end up with. Since this is true 4.2.2 and most of the others you still need to flash things to get other kernels to work and things like that, it could pose a problem.

On another note, after the rebooting for each alarm set, 3 random reboots on my way to work. (35 min drive) I really like the look/feel of this rom so I hope this gets worked out soon. Can someone else confirm the rebooting when the alarm goes off please?

Its muzzy ROM...think everything is built in...will try dirty

.see how it goes

Sent from my "Blazing" fast Nexus

cubsfan187

Dec 11, 2010
Elgin,IL
I'm unable to reproduce the reboots when alarms go off. Both with screen on and off and with either lean or AK kernels. Maybe your phone knows you're a Cubs fan. :D

Lol. Thanks for checking. I re-dl'd the rom and flashed fresh again and now it works with no reboots. Maybe it was just a bad dl to start with or something got corrupted when transferring it from the cpu to the phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Orca Project 4.2+

platlogo.png

The Orca Project is back with new builds in built straight from AOSP using 4.2.2 for multiple devices including Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Nexus S, Galaxy S III, and adding more devices daily. Nightly builds are available now on goo.im, through goo manager and drewgaren.com!

The Orca Project is composed of multiple of source including AOSP, AOKP, CM, Paranoid Android, Xylon, Xposed DPI and Rootbox Tools. Thus making this the best packaged deal around right now. More and More Features are getting added in each build and in the future the Orca Project hopes to bring everything you could possibly need in one rom.

Features:

* Android 4.2.2 Update
    * ORCASettings
    * DPI Settings (Xposed)
    * Rom Updates
    * OrcaTools Rom Settings (Based Off of RootBox)
    * PIE! (Paranoid Android)
    * Profiles
    * Performance Control
    * ORCA Wallpapers
    * Themes
    * Lock Screen Settings
    * Chronus
    * Sound Recorder
    * Device Parts for Available Devices
    * Expandable Sound Settings
    * NFC Profiles
    * DSP Manager and Apollo Player
    * Transparent Statusbar and NavBar Options
    * DeskClock with Flip alarm and Shake Off
    * AOKP MMS with Color and Theming Options
    * Build Prop Tweaks
    * Init.d Tweaks
    * NFC Polling
    * Quiet Hours
    * Headset Music App Launch
    * CMFilemanger and ThemeManager
    * GOO Manager Pre Installed
    * ORCA STATS
    * Vertical CRT, Option to turn CRT on/off
    * Expanded Sound Option in Orca Settings, Ascending Ringtones and Additional Sound Options
    * additional stuff I forgot to mention.
    * Cherry Picks from AOKP, CM, PARANOID, CREDITS TO GOO.IM FOR GOOMANAGER, ROOTBOX for the base of ORCATOOLS, ANYBODY ELSE I FORGOT THANKS .

ORCA TORO DOWNLOADS ANDROID 4.2.2
    http://drewgaren.com/DrewGaren.com/Orca_DL_toro.html
    http://goo.im/devs/drewgaren/toro
    GAPPS
    Most roms use another rom as a base for their source, some use mostly cm, some use mostly pa, etc. So it's not surprising this would be based off PAC rom
    (probably just easier than syncing with cm, aokp, and pa separately and combining everything to work right without changing too much)
    If you check the change logs you can see what they cherry picked or otherwise modified themselves
    Oh yeah, most definitely! It's just a little uncanny in the similarity between it and PAC ROM.
    I may be retarded but where are the chronus controls?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Settings>ROM Settings under ORCATOOLS.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

How about that. I learned something new today! Lol. Thanks for that tip. I never knew that.

You're welcome. That'll be $20.
    Are you trying to start an argument?
    Its etc. By the way
    And also, NEVER PUT UP A MIRROR UNLESS THE OP ALLOWS IT

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I know I'm late to the party but that was a total **** response.

Goo fing sucks, cubs made a factual statemant, period.

Takes 2 fing hours to download something.

And I know a **** comment when I see one, I'm notorious for them.

That's cool I feel your point of view but there are also plenty of devs. on here that have flawless ROMs as well. something just doesn't feel right at least drop in once in a while his other threads same way just never seen a dev. operate like this I just hope he's not another cna or a drama queen. I've seen devs. come and go and do all kinds crazyness I hope I'm wrong.:cool:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I think we're good with Drew not being CNA or MCD (that post a ROM then disappear for weeks/months). I had pm's him last week about something and he replied with 24 hrs. I just think he's been busy. Although I do agree that even once a week would be cool to see him/any dev in their threads. It just keeps the peace I think. Just my opinion though.