Feather Weather, Goes PORTRAIT! Updated 8/17/08

Search This thread

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
Hello, I deleted the app but now I have an X in red and which says
Connecting to AccuWeather and I panel with weather that won't go away, how do I fix this

To Finish Uninstall, Unzip and place this script on your phone and use file explorer to run it by clicking on it. Since you have NRG MiniWeather, I know you still have mortscript installed. It will reset your right soft key to contacts, your right soft key url to :mscontacts, and will reset your clock icon to original default icon. Everything else should have uninstalled when you used the Remove Programs in Settings. Reboot after using Remove Programs and your default original cpr should have came back. This script will replace the only things that remove programs does not change back.

Attachments

• ResetClockPanel.zip
    367 bytes · Views: 29
Last edited:

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
I uninstalled this program fine, but the right soft key is still NEXT DAY.

Can I reassign the soft key from the registry somehow?
Do I have to download a program to do it?

Thanks
To Finish Uninstall, Unzip and place this script on your phone and use file explorer to run it by clicking on it. Since you have NRG MiniWeather, I know you still have mortscript installed. It will reset your right soft key to contacts, your right soft key url to :mscontacts, and will reset your clock icon to original default icon. Everything else should have uninstalled when you used the Remove Programs in Settings. Reboot after using Remove Programs and your default original cpr should have came back. This script will replace the only things that remove programs does not change back.

Look at post # 42 for the script file.

blackjack2

Jul 22, 2008
Miami

Thanks, I'm going to follow this thread closely cuz, I'm really attracted to the size of this app cuz, I really want it to work for me :)

dharminder

Aug 5, 2008
first post - options for feather?

so i can see the weather, though the graphisc and text are a bit small. How do I customize for my particular area? thanks it seems like a great lightweight app.

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
so i can see the weather, though the graphisc and text are a bit small. How do I customize for my particular area? thanks it seems like a great lightweight app.

Go to /Start Menu/FeatherWeather/setup and set your location code. If your US, just put a zip otherwise check first post for info on finding your location code.

johnnyeoneal

Jul 15, 2008
JACKSONVILLE
Hey Shawaco just wanted to say GREAT JOB. :) All the port. cab you installed work great, easy install as well. Only issue I noticed earlier today it gave me an error nd said couldn't connnect to internet. And underneathe the sun icon on home screen said " No Internet??" But it could be something to do w/ me adjusting my .dll files through the changer I dunno??:confused:

No biggy though, my hat goes off to ya, THANKS!!!

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
Hey Shawaco just wanted to say GREAT JOB. :) All the port. cab you installed work great, easy install as well. Only issue I noticed earlier today it gave me an error nd said couldn't connnect to internet. And underneathe the sun icon on home screen said " No Internet??" But it could be something to do w/ me adjusting my .dll files through the changer I dunno??:confused:

No biggy though, my hat goes off to ya, THANKS!!!
that should only show if it can't get the internet connection active for some reason. If it was only once, then you probably just lost signal momentarily? The only time i get it is when i don't have a signal, or when i connect thru activesync it turns off my data connection too, so i get it then.
Thanks for the feedback.

eflamenco2008

Aug 5, 2008
My Mod to Kron's theme

Attachments

• Captured-4.jpg
    Captured-4.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 71

jchightower

Nov 13, 2006
HKLM Error

This looks like a great app! I can't wait to get it working. Unfortunately I am receiving the message below following the reboot process after installing FeatherTotalClockP.cab. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hardware = Blackjack II
Software = 6.1

Couldn't write value in
HKLM\System\State\Phone\Current
Operator Name

Line 4 (\Program Files\FeatherWeather\Feather.mscr):
RegWriteString ("HKLM",
"System\State\Phone","Current Operator
Name","Starting Update")

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
This looks like a great app! I can't wait to get it working. Unfortunately I am receiving the message below following the reboot process after installing FeatherTotalClockP.cab. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hardware = Blackjack II
Software = 6.1

Couldn't write value in
HKLM\System\State\Phone\Current
Operator Name

Line 4 (\Program Files\FeatherWeather\Feather.mscr):
RegWriteString ("HKLM",
"System\State\Phone","Current Operator
Name","Starting Update")
I'm not sure what would cause that unless its needs to unlocked somehow to let you write to registry values. I'm assuming since you have 6.1 on bj2, that you just updated recently, you might try the sda application unlock. Also, since you have bj2, you should be using the landscape version cab, thats the one without "P" on the end.

Anyone have another idea on the reg writing problem?

mskovrinskie

Feb 17, 2006
I just installed the landscape version on my WM6.1 BJ II, connected to US ZIP code 17112, and the weather shows up. Nice plugin..

I have a problem though. Te detailed weather panel, page 1, says the date is Sun 8/10/2008 and the forecast is 101/79 for today. This clearly is not the forecast for this region and the date is way off (today is 9/5/2008). What's wrong?

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
I just installed the landscape version on my WM6.1 BJ II, connected to US ZIP code 17112, and the weather shows up. Nice plugin..

I have a problem though. Te detailed weather panel, page 1, says the date is Sun 8/10/2008 and the forecast is 101/79 for today. This clearly is not the forecast for this region and the date is way off (today is 9/5/2008). What's wrong?

It will fix itself after a few updates. The forecast part only runs every 8th time that current weather runs. You can speed up the process by editing the reg at hklm/software/feather/fupdate. Change that value to 1 and then run an update.

jchightower

Nov 13, 2006
I'm not sure what would cause that unless its needs to unlocked somehow to let you write to registry values. I'm assuming since you have 6.1 on bj2, that you just updated recently, you might try the sda application unlock. Also, since you have bj2, you should be using the landscape version cab, thats the one without "P" on the end.

Anyone have another idea on the reg writing problem?

Running SDA App unlock and reinstalling the landscape version fixed the issue. Thanks! Great App!