[App][ICS] Boid Twitter app v0.8.8 [BETA]

Search This thread

MRFERRARI23

Jul 19, 2007
NYC AkA GOTHAM!
Since this is a free twitter app in the marketplace, can someone upload the apk file here to see if us poor souls on gingerbread can get it to work please?

Sent from my Fingers!

madeincanon

Jun 24, 2011
Jacksonville
Looks like we'll get the Pull-down-to-refresh update as well as a new orange theme in the morning!

Screen_Shot_2012-03-06_at_11.37.43_PM.png

Wolfteam20

Apr 30, 2011
Caracas
Wow its so sexy with the dark theme ^^ , just a few more settings and options and it will be the replacement of my old twitter app (tweetdeck)

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk

-juanito-

Oct 22, 2010
6da1d89f-a482-54c4.jpg

in the top | Boid

in the bottom | Twitter

it's same tweet but look to the time!! Boid say this tweet was tweeted before 1 hour .. twitter say it's before 34 minutes

twitter app give me the true time

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

madeincanon

Jun 24, 2011
Jacksonville
Juanito, I'm getting the same issue. It says 1 hr for a tweet that is 8 minutes old. I'll let them know about it. Hopefully they can get it worked out.

madeincanon

Jun 24, 2011
Jacksonville
BETA!

A pre-release version of the next update has been posted on their Twitter and G+ accounts and they seem to have updated it to BETA!

Timestamps are fixed, and pull down to refresh works great! Also tapping a tweet brings up a few buttons under the it allowing you to reply, retweet, ect.. You can also long-press a tweet to quickly reply.

Hopefully we'll see the official update soon!

Here's the apk

Attachments

• com.boidforandroid.appbeta.apk
    409.5 KB · Views: 955
Reactions: arkade91

mase94

Jul 22, 2010
Update

The new Miui Organge-theme is gorgeous.

This app with facebook-integration would be the REAL successor of Tweetdeck :cool:

blackroseMD1

Jul 12, 2010
San Diego, CA
www.standupforkids.org
Heard about this app a few days ago, but didn't try it out until tonight. I love it. Once the media stuff gets figured out, this will likely be my twitter client. The UI is absolutely fantastic, especially with the dark theme.

G

GuestK00138

The new Miui Organge-theme is gorgeous.

This app with facebook-integration would be the REAL successor of Tweetdeck :cool:

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but yep - I'm all for multi-integration with social network stuff.

I'm ideally searching for an app which will integrate to the 3 networks I use, and allow me to simultaneously post on all 3:
- Twitter
- Facebook
- Google+

Last edited:

castaway1

Dec 5, 2009
Not meaning to hijack this thread, but yep - I'm all for multi-integration with social network stuff.

I'm ideally searching for an app which will integrate to the 3 networks I use, and allow me to simultaneously post on all 3:
- Twitter
- Facebook
- Google+

- you can set in your twitter account to sending your twitts to facebook
- integrate Google+ is not possible becouse they not release API (yet?)

SilentStormer

Jan 28, 2012
The land of no-iPhones
A pre-release version of the next update has been posted on their Twitter and G+ accounts and they seem to have updated it to BETA!

Timestamps are fixed, and pull down to refresh works great! Also tapping a tweet brings up a few buttons under the it allowing you to reply, retweet, ect.. You can also long-press a tweet to quickly reply.

Hopefully we'll see the official update soon!

Here's the apk

Installed the beta, couldn't find any of those features though :'(

Sent from my Cyanogenmod 9 Alpha 0 Nook Tablet

- Twitter
- Facebook
- Google+

- you can set in your twitter account to sending your twitts to facebook
- integrate Google+ is not possible becouse they not release API (yet?)

I would like to see the integration go further, I like to have a combined timeline from twitter, facebook, foursquare, and linkedin. I have yet to find an app with all, so that would make this better than tweekdeck (or tweakdeck) if they could get linkedin into a unified timeline...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Boid team has released an alpha version of their beautiful upcoming twitter app. The design is based on Ice Cream Sandwich and incorporates swipe gestures, themes, and an overall beautiful interface.

I am in no way affiliated with the development of this app, I just support it because I think its awesome.

Please report bugs via the crash dialogue or email aidan@boidapp.com. Also if you post logcat dialogues here, I will forward them to the Boid team.

You can find them at Boidapp.com, or follow @Boidapp on Twitter.

** Most recent changelog

- Poll notifications and contact syncing (still experimental), click an account manager list item to show settings.
    - Username auto-completion in Tweet composer
    - Font size customization!
    - New profile viewer
    - In-app donation
    - New composer draft system
    - Pure black theme
    - Night mode (accessed via settings)
    - Global trends viewing
    - New Column Manager
    - Fixed contextual actionbar behavior
    - Edit your own profiles
    - Fixed media timeline
    - Improved local trend viewing
    - Overhauled muting system

View the Google Docs document here for future releases
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1toRvrrNLRI-02ec39MqBlsZ5TBa190wk8NUl5M8_01o/view?pli=1

Here's the Play Store link. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamboid.twitter

And some screenshots

large.png
    large.png

large.png
    large.png

large.png
    large.png

large.png

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium
    Beta update coming soon

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium
    Yeah I preferred the text at the top of columns rather than the new icons. It looked a lot better and more ICS-like.

They're going to give you the option to change back to text in the next update.
    v0.7.16 is up. Changelog:

Very important bug fixes
    Saved position in timeline (finally!)
    New Dark/light theme
    Improved memory handling for images, no more out of memory errors
    UI translation updates
    Sharing via Boid from external apps works again
    Clicking image in tweet viewer shows the media in full screen
    I will look into the problems you guys are having. It's most likely something to do with the Market (for marcosius) or for barrist, it may be a internet problem. Any how, I've listed them in our private support document.

If any of you have Twitter, you can tweet us to get support, one of us is on there most of the day :)

Phil, Team Boid