[Q] Group MMS (Stock Messaging App), Xperia Z2

Search This thread

nyxtopouli

Jul 14, 2011
Hello all,

I recently picked up my Xperia Z2, however I seem to not be able to find any setting to make a group MMS. I had an Lumia 920 and Iphone 5s prior that did this with no problem, however the Xperia Z2 seems to have no option for this. The MMS thread does not seem to be self contained.

Any advice?
would have to go to the hangouts app?

Thanks

pauley

May 28, 2010
Hello all,

I recently picked up my Xperia Z2, however I seem to not be able to find any setting to make a group MMS. I had an Lumia 920 and Iphone 5s prior that did this with no problem, however the Xperia Z2 seems to have no option for this. The MMS thread does not seem to be self contained.

Any advice?
would have to go to the hangouts app?

Thanks

Thanks for posting this! I was curious about it as I despise group MMS. IMO it's the over-used annoying equivalent of "Reply All" in Outlook. Most 3rd party apps have the ability to do it (or not) if you so choose though.

sfkaudi

Mar 8, 2011
Silkeborg
Is' t the same like in Z1
Just adding contacts from the tree dots upper right corner

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The_Smurph

Jul 1, 2014
Did you find the solution to this problem? My new Z2 does not like Group messages for some reasons. Any help would be awesome and YES i do know I am bringing back an old post. Just throw me a bone please

CodeNameRedNeck

May 14, 2012
Cardboard Box
I wish the stock app would do group texting too. The odd thing is that if you have a third party app with group texting enabled the stock app will keep the group messages intact in the background.

The_Smurph

Jul 1, 2014
I agree. It is drivimg me crazy and the only complaint I have with the phone.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app