[Q] No Service or Mobile Network on any Sim :(

Search This thread

hempcures

Apr 30, 2014
Hey guys I've spent the last few days reading old threads about using the i545 on USA GSM Carriers.

I bought a Bad ESN Verizon Galaxy S4 on eBay. From what Ive been reading these phones come factory unlocked and i figured I would
buy one to use on T-Mobile.
I have tried countless things now and for some reason all I get in the status bar is a circle with a line through it.
I have tried various APN settings found around older threads but still i get no signal.

I rooted and installed the newest hyperdrive and still nothing.

Ive even tried an AT&T sim & an old Orange Sim I have lying around for these testing situations.
They both show a circle with a line through the middle and when I try to make a call it just says "Mobile Network Not Available"
If I remove sim and power on the phone it states there is No Sim Installed.

I am running Hyperdrive RLS15 with 4.3 MK2

I've heard that if a phone is blacklisted it cannot be used in the USA on any carrier is that true? and if so why are some users stating they bought a bad esn phone and works fine on GSM US Carriers? I am really confused decided to make an account and maybe get some more insight.

Thank You guys!

Last edited:

hempcures

Apr 30, 2014
I apologize for the self bumpage, I dont now what else to do.:eek:
This is my final bump, Should I just resell on ebay?

How can you even use this phone can it be flashed to any service or used anywhere?
tried at&t and t-mobile sims with apn settings to no avail just a circle with a line through it on the status bar.

Thanks
Peace
;)

hempcures

Apr 30, 2014
Bad ESN usually means it was reported stolen. You're basically SOL

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Thanks man, I guess I didnt want to face this truth, :(
Is it SOL internationally as well? Wondering if i can state that if I try to resell it on ebay.
Since im honestly dubious this thing works anywhere, is there a global IMEI database?

tech_head

Thanks man, I guess I didnt want to face this truth, :(
Is it SOL internationally as well? Wondering if i can state that if I try to resell it on ebay.
Since im honestly dubious this thing works anywhere, is there a global IMEI database?

Sorry but you will have a hard time getting any help with a bad IMEID phone.
That's a stolen or insurance fraud device. Parts only. :(