21/Jun/09 AthineOS V2 [B.21109]Lite UP|NAKED IS UP| ME Beta 5 Choose the fast way

Search This thread

mdmike

Nov 19, 2008
Confused. I thought the rom you have a link for on the first page had IOLITE? After flash this rom it look like you previous build. What's up with that.

skadamat

Oct 11, 2008
I'm still having trouble with the rom draining my battery extremely fast. I am using a US ATT Tilt, flashed it to 3.56 hardspl then flash the rom. but battery is still draining pretty darn fast. what else can I try? I'm using the 1.70 radio also.

DUDE
I had this exact same problem with the old AthineOS ME wm6.5 rom. It drained so quickly! I took it to school....by 7th period, it was done!
What the????
I think its some radio issue or something
Plz some1 answer our question...

NaSnake

Jun 7, 2007
New York City
DUDE
I had this exact same problem with the old AthineOS ME wm6.5 rom. It drained so quickly! I took it to school....by 7th period, it was done!
What the????
I think its some radio issue or something
Plz some1 answer our question...

Same here, my battery drain was excessive, I tried 5 diff radios and all were about the same with 1.71.... being somewhat better than others.

From 100% charged battery to low battery in about 2 hours.

mdmike

Nov 19, 2008
1.64.24.36 works perfect for me.....Longer Battery life, Camera and GPS fast and no issues. Might want to try that. I also commented about the version. I was expecting this version to have IOLITE in it but it seems like this is the previous one.

mbze430

Feb 28, 2007
Southeast Missouri
I am using AthineOS WWE ROM from 1/23/09 with Radio 1.65.24.36 and it drains my battery like running water. I lose 50% power by 2-3 hours.... texting mainly and surf the web for about 30mins and semi GPS

I suppose this is going to be the same??

Last edited:

anagarika

Jan 30, 2009
Crowded Hectic City
Previous problem fixed?

Anyone who tested this ROM, please let me know if:
1. Email account creation and editing (change account setting after being created) works
2. Email & SMS notification works
3. Select Multiple item on Email works (also Select All)
4. Audio Manager keeps running after phone goes to sleep.

Currently I'm on [L26_KaiserTouch_Manilla [[3D]] V4 and no. 1-3 is working, except for no. 4.

Bob,

No criticism here, just giving feedback to make your ROM perfect. I'm waiting for that ;)
And have a nice sleep .. :D

Macgyvec3

Oct 7, 2005
Corcoran, MN
Problems with the screen never shutting off.

Has anyone had a problem with the screen not turning off? You can turn it off manually but not automatically?

TQuizzle

Dec 28, 2007
You mentioned you didnt want any mirrors, RapidShare sucks and we'd like a better place to download files expecially if we have to download 6 packages of .cabs for all of the bells and whistles for this ROM.

Why no extra mirrors?

stuff

Apr 16, 2007
Google Pixel 6 Pro
The problem with a lot of the battery drain is this..

The phone will not go into standby mode, very rarely though.
I think by default, it's actually set to NEVER turn off. So You have to go to the power settings and change it yourself to turn off after 2 minutes, or howveer long you want to wait.

I set up my email once though, on the older ROM (not 6.5 one) and it never would go into standby automatially. So I hard reset and decided I can live without the email, or I can re-try it later.

Your battery will drain very quickly if the phone isn't turned off, or in standby.

birdatxda

Sep 22, 2007
Anyone who tested this ROM, please let me know if:
1. Email account creation and editing (change account setting after being created) works
2. Email & SMS notification works
3. Select Multiple item on Email works (also Select All)
4. Audio Manager keeps running after phone goes to sleep.

Currently I'm on [L26_KaiserTouch_Manilla [[3D]] V4 and no. 1-3 is working, except for no. 4.

Bob,

No criticism here, just giving feedback to make your ROM perfect. I'm waiting for that ;)
And have a nice sleep .. :D

I also care about these concerns. thanks!

B0$$$

May 17, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
Lately with b16b's roms, I have been experiencing that the phone freezes for several seconds before responding. and this happens every minute or two. VERY annoying because I love how fast your roms are.

I don't know if anyone else has experience this problem.

Gatorz

Feb 18, 2009
i think u should adding Connection Wizzard . to it.
for who have trouble to setting the SMS and MMS .

i pass for 3 hours to set up manually but i added : " b16b Connection Setup 1_5_35361_1.cab " the problem solve in few seconds ..

b16b

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2008
Athens
Lately with b16b's roms, I have been experiencing that the phone freezes for several seconds before responding. and this happens every minute or two. VERY annoying because I love how fast your roms are.

I don't know if anyone else has experience this problem.

you have try to change radio and HSPL?

b16b

Apr 5, 2008
Athens
i think u should adding Connection Wizzard . to it.
for who have trouble to setting the SMS and MMS .

i pass for 3 hours to set up manually but i added : " b16b Connection Setup 1_5_35361_1.cab " the problem solve in few seconds ..

after setup you don't need it any more... so removed.. for this reason i have it on cab.. because you use it only the first time..

b16b

Apr 5, 2008
Athens
The problem with a lot of the battery drain is this..

The phone will not go into standby mode, very rarely though.
I think by default, it's actually set to NEVER turn off. So You have to go to the power settings and change it yourself to turn off after 2 minutes, or howveer long you want to wait.

I set up my email once though, on the older ROM (not 6.5 one) and it never would go into standby automatially. So I hard reset and decided I can live without the email, or I can re-try it later.

Your battery will drain very quickly if the phone isn't turned off, or in standby.

i have lose 17% of battery in 5:30 hours with almost 1 hour call with bluetooth speaking and all the time the BT connecting.. is not so good but is ok i think.. because this build is very fast..

HSPL 3.29
Radio 1.65.24.36
Country GREECE

oscarsalgar

May 28, 2007
Bogotá
I also had a terrible battery drain with this roms. And I experienced random freezes (and reboots) too. I love the speed and I think b16b has done a wonderful job in that department, but I had to change to PDA corner.

I was using spl 3.29 cmonex and tried radios 1.65.24.36 and 1.70.19.09