[DISCUSSION][REVIEWS] Consolidated App Reviews, Recommendations & Discussions Thread

Search This thread

Fíghter02

May 13, 2012
www.detlefsendev.dk
2G Auto Toggle

A simple but imo very useful app. It can be configured to switch from 3G/4G to 2G when connected to wifi and when the phone is locked. This can save a lot of battery on my phone. :)

CruxHumanus

Apr 22, 2013
OnePlus 11
I use the apps listed below a lot, and couldn't imagine my android life without many of them:

Music player: Shuttle+, because of its holo UI, simplicity, great EQ presets, DSP support. Worthy mention: GoneMAD Music Player.

Launcher: Nova, because it's basically stock UI cranked to 11 and with wide array of additional functionality. Apex is essentially the same, but my heart lies with Nova. Worthy mention: Smart Launcher, I like its different approach, simplicity and concept.

Automation: Llama, because it's a very powerful tool for people who think Tasker is too much/too hard.

Multitasking: GYF Side Launcher, because it works and feels the best for me, has just the right configuration options and is under constant development. Worthy mention: Sidebar, constantly adding new features, attentive to user requests/comments, works great.

Weather: Eye In The Sky, because it's simple, uncluttered and unobtrusive. Worthy mention: 1Weather, for the same reasons.

RSS/News: Taptu, mainly because it lets me merge streams and thus maintain clean and uncluttered look. Not too flashy, which I don't like. There might be another RSS/news app which lets you merge streams, but I haven't seen it.

Some random apps I use a lot for various purposes and I think are definitely great:
SofaScore for sport results,
Unified Remote for controlling so many things from your couch,
AdAway which is self-explanatory,
BetterBatteryStats for hunting down those elusive wakelocks and monitoring battery usage,
Greenify is the best you can do for your battery instead of the useless app killers and the placebo battery savers,
Solid Explorer is my file browser of choice,
SuperBeam for quickly transferring data between devices on the same wifi network or using NFC,
TuneIn Radio for a great array of (internet) radio stations to listen to,
WiFi Analyzer helps me to configure my network in a more efficient way.

Hope this helps someone to discover some new great apps!

hanisod

Mar 27, 2013
Berlin
Never! 3.0.1 with JB it's too cool to remove it! :p
I'm writing in this post to reach the 10 post required for posting on dev-threads. I'm a tester, I can stand lags :)

I understand
I can't until I try it out
But there's a lot of work still must be done.
And I didn't flash jellybean because I need the camera :D
And good luck with the testing :p

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

sam66958

Dec 26, 2010
Full Setup

Custom Rom Atom422
Titanium Backup - for my daily flashes I have make a flash-able zip from it that install all my apps and their most basic settings to prevent problems from rom to rom and speed things up.
Nova Launcher - as my home and have no icons on my home screen. I use gestures to access my app draw witch is organized into folders.
Side Bar - to keep all my most used apps at hand no matter what is open.
Greenify - to avoid a task manager but keep those annoying auto opening apps closed.
JuiceDefender Ultimate - for days where I dont feel like toggling data but need to last a long time.
SSH Droid Pro - for remote commands and ftp. I never plug my phone into my computer any more because it was annoying to disable fast charge.
Goo Manager - for rom updates if I actually stay with a rom for more then a day.
Tablet Talk - to use by tab to make calls and texts from my phone. I'm planing on mounting my tab in my car and having bluetooth sync my phone calls and texts and data to the tab and bluetooth my tab to my car.
APW -Widgets for everything
Dash Clock - Lock Screen widget

My Home Screens are all widgets(I don't care if this should slow it down. It doesn't my phone runs buttery smooth with a normal 150mb free of ram no task killer.) I use an inverted theme with all black backgrounds saves a lot of battery with a amoled. If any one wants more info on any of these or screen shots? I can no problem.

Kenobz

Apr 17, 2013
X-Plore, Sold File Explorer and Opera Mobile are good mentions. Good job you guys as far as Opera goes I haven't used it in ages I'm stuck on Boat and never ever liked Dolphin................NEVER.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [DISCUSSION][REVIEWS] Consolidated App Reviews, Recommendations & Discussions Thread

Hello Everybody,

In order to attempt to keep this forum neat and tidy the moderation team has decided that 1 standalone thread for discussing the good and bad of all the the apps, modifications, tweaks, and widgets is all we need. So have at it guys and gals! Within this thread review, compare and discuss whatever it is that is interesting you at any given moment. Any new threads on this matter will be closed and directed here. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Remember that most of this will just be a matter of opinion so try your best to respect everyone else’s opinion too!;)

Cheers Mates :victory:
    The Moderation Team

xdalogo-1.png
    Mine is mobil defence saved me more than once when lost phn just log in and track plus I can wipe and lock phn remotely

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    What anti theft app should I buy? Soon I will get my galaxy s4 and ofcourse I want to be a bit more sure about getting it back if it gets stolen. So which do you guys recommend?

Sent from a galaxy far away.
    What anti theft app should I buy? Soon I will get my galaxy s4 and ofcourse I want to be a bit more sure about getting it back if it gets stolen. So which do you guys recommend?

Sent from a galaxy far away.

My favorite is lookout

Sent from my Nexus
    my favorite app is tapatalk. best app for forums :)