[ROM] PRIME! v1.6r2 | HC31 | Fast | Rooted | HMJ37.prime_epad-1.6-20110716

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

vodrin

May 4, 2010
Hmm, my camera sorta works, I get a nice green picture fom the back camera and the front one is ok. I'll do some testing.
My front is ok in Google Talk etc. Switching to Back causes a reboot.

You can hear the camera focusing as Camera.apk is started. Screen is black then shortly the android bar at the bottom dissapears and the tablet reboots.

dictionary

Dec 3, 2009
Just flashed Paul's (Modacco) build .. without a wipe coming from PRIME! .. and the camera does the same thing. Wondering if it's old files left over from PRIME, or a pre-existing issue. Will be wiping and flashing his again in a couple hours. Headed to the movies now.

Roach2010

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2008
Glasgow
I uploaded a slightly modified version a few hours ago, can you try that and see if it makes a difference. If your build reads as v1.1 beta (HRI66.WW_epad-8.2.3.9-20110423) then you are already running the new version. The previous one doesn't have 'beta'.

I suspect though that since you have problems with Paul's rom too that the issue may be more deeply rooted.

ryanf

Jul 23, 2010
Is there an irc chanel for the transformer?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Lintrix

Apr 23, 2011
I gave it a shot and installed this. It went through without a hitch but now my transformer wont get past the first boot screen. It'll try to load and will just reboot itself.

Anyway to get out of this mess? =( I had no idea what nandroid backup was before i pushed this through.

Will i be able to unbrick it by updating into another mod?

Last edited:

dictionary

Dec 3, 2009
I gave it a shot and installed this. It went through without a hitch but now my transformer wont get past the first boot screen. It'll try to load and will just reboot itself.

Anyway to get out of this mess? =( I had no idea what nandroid backup was before i pushed this through.

Will i be able to unbrick it by updating into another mod?

Hopefully you don't have a lot of info on there. Your best bet right now may be booting back into recovery, wiping data, then wiping cache, then going to advanced, and wiping dalvik cache .. and rebooting.

Reactions: Lintrix

Lintrix

Apr 23, 2011
Hopefully you don't have a lot of info on there. Your best bet right now may be booting back into recovery, wiping data, then wiping cache, then going to advanced, and wiping dalvik cache .. and rebooting.

Thanks for the response. I wiped data, cach, and dalvik cache and rebooted. It's still rebooting itself.

Should I attempt to use a different ROM?

dictionary

Dec 3, 2009
Thanks for the response. I wiped data, cach, and dalvik cache and rebooted. It's still rebooting itself.

Should I attempt to use a different ROM?

Yeah I'd try a different ROM. Version 1.0 was fine for me, or you can try the Modacco ROM. I haven't tried the TI-X, but you could give that a go as well.

Lintrix

Apr 23, 2011
Yeah I'd try a different ROM. Version 1.0 was fine for me, or you can try the Modacco ROM. I haven't tried the TI-X, but you could give that a go as well.

Holy cow, installing the Ti-X ROM unbricked my device.

On second thought, if i get my hands on a virgin Transformer, install CWM and perform a nanoid backup, will i be able to take that backup and restore it onto my own transformer?

seshmaru

Aug 22, 2009
Holy cow, installing the Ti-X ROM unbricked my device.

On second thought, if i get my hands on a virgin Transformer, install CWM and perform a nanoid backup, will i be able to take that backup and restore it onto my own transformer?

Not to be a nazi but if you have access to the recovery/bootloader your device is never bricked.

Reactions: Lintrix

dictionary

Dec 3, 2009
Roach, just letting you know .. when reverting to a 4/14 build, the camera works again. Seems something in the 4/26 build broke it.

Roach2010

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2008
Glasgow
Roach, just letting you know .. when reverting to a 4/14 build, the camera works again. Seems something in the 4/26 build broke it.

Cheers for the heads up. I've already tried the camera app from the 4/14 build as a workaround but no joy. There will be some other bit of software in the 4/14 build that causes the camera to behave differently. I am still running the stock 20110325 bootloader and my camera is working sorta, I get the original green screen issue but no reboot.

I'm hoping that that the clever guys who do all the rooty stuff can quickly identify and resolve this unfortunate issue.

If the camera is a must have for anyone then please use either dc13's TI-X rom or MoDaCo's Hr2 rom in the meantime. Both of these are 04/14 and have been confirmed as working.

Last edited:
Reactions: reisamm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PRIME! v1.6

This is a custom rom for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101

Special thanks to: Hacre | afm | MoDaCo | dc13 | supercurio | Bumble-Bee | RaYmAn | netarchy | Vividboarder | CurtisBeef​

This rom is a work in progress and all feedback is appreciated. It has everything that the stock rom has to offer with a few modifications designed to provide a better user experience. As always whenever installing any rom, please ensure that you are fully aware of what you are doing as no one enjoys seeing their pride and joy end up bricked or stuck in a boot-loop (although these are easily fixed if either were to happen so don't panic in the event that something goes wrong).

Instructions:
    1. Copy ROM to sdcard
    2. Verify the MD5 of the zip on the sdcard, DO NOT FLASH IF THIS DOESN'T MATCH THE MD5 UNDER THE DOWNLOAD LINK!
    3. Boot into clockworkmod recovery
    4. Take a nandroid backup (optional but highly recommended)
    5. Install the ROM
    6. Reboot and wait... The first boot may take a while...
    7. After a successful restart, you can change one of the power mod or remove it if desired.

Rom Details:
    Android 3.1
    GPS - V1.3.2
    WiFi - V5.1.50
    Bluetooth - V6.17
    Kernel - 2.6.36.3-g3eb19ec
    Build - HMJ37.prime_epad-1.6-20110716
    MobileDock - EP101-0209 (Prompts for install after first boot if required)

See the second post of this thread for the changelog

Known Issues:
    In Prime 1.6 if you flash a custom kernel you may experience a slight drop in performance due to a change in the way Prime optimises I/O performance.
    Install this patch in CWM to resolve the issue. - http://kan.gd/uij - This has been fixed in 1.6r2

Battery History option in Spare Parts triggers F/C

Download Links: - Main Rom (You need this one)
    PRIME! v1.6 (HMJ37.prime_epad-1.6-20110716)
    Alternate Link
    MD5: 574d34b0923cd5ef03762ae5357acc93

Torrent Link - Thanks Aligatro

NVflash version now available: http://kan.gd/up2
    Uncompress the image files into a folder and see Androidroot.mobi for details on how to flash.

Kernel - Only required to return from other kernels
    Prime_v1.6_Kernel.zip
    Alternate Link
    MD5: d45a27115e2ac0c22659a131abb075bc

Previous versions:
    PRIME! v1.5 (HMJ37.prime_epad-1.5-20110626)
    MD5: 13a0923e7ad178de2ae7636cd0f628a3

Power button mods
    These mods give you either a reboot or reboot to recovery option when you long press the power button.

REBOOT power button mod
    Alternate Link
    MD5: fc17f4bbbd37aa6dbf163604484bb3ba

RECOVERY power button mod - (included in rom)
    Alternate Link
    MD5: bb8b361f024246f0a8f06a06f2ee47ed

REBOOT and RECOVERY power button mod - (there is no shutdown option with this mod but some people dont ever need to)
    Alternate Link
    MD5: d7d7e2abca184dc59e1b912183539b3a
    Hi, I thought I would give you all a short update as I haven't been online much recently. I've had a few health issues, nothing serious just enough to put me off doing anything after work besides crashing out on the sofa in front of the telly. I'm over the worst though so I'll soon be getting back on track with the next evolution of PRIME!

Firstly, thanks for all the support and feedback, and also some good ideas. Obviously the rom at present is not much more than stock with a few tweaks and add-ons. I am mostly going to keep it that way as I prefer the stock look and the option is there for anyone to use it as a base and theme it or tweak it further to their hearts content. I have seen a lot of good stuff that has been done already and long may it continue.

I plan to add at the very least: init.d scripts, adhoc wifi support, the speaker config fix and I am hoping to have a replacement for the power options that introduces a menu instead of the current dialog that will allow shutdown, reboot, recovery and maybe even a warmboot option. Also until Asus fix that damn gmail widget problem I have a plan to resolve this too with a bit of manual intervention.

I have four SKU editions of the stock 8.4.4.5 rom to build from, US,WW,TW and TB? no CN???, I don't even know if there was a CN build so if anyone can confirm this or explain what the TB means that will be good to know also. I'm not promising I'll do all versions but if it won't take up too much of my time then I might.

Future releases will probably be in two formats, standard update zips for CWM and nvflash images, I may not do an nvflash image for each SKU though, again time permitting.
    I was just putting the finishing touches to a build based on the TW 8.4.5.15 3g rom but now this has dropped I'll divert and use this build as a base instead.
    Roach is in the UK. It's the middle of the night there.

I'm still up and have just dumped the /system folder from the HC3.1 build, expect a rom soon...
    Download Mirror

OK, I guess it ran it's course. No one using it so I am disabling.