Galaxy Note 2 Best Screen Protector??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Silent25r

Nov 24, 2009
None of the spg screen protectors go to the edge. I'm just hoping I made a good choice with mines. I did buy the crystal one. If I don't like it I can always switch back and or trade someone here for one of their uo ones. I think we get two of each.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

charmartist

Jan 30, 2008
I have the Zagg invisibleshield HD, and honestly, I might take it off and go naked. I'm not liking the rubbery feel and the dents the S-pen is leaving on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

SSHGuru

May 12, 2011
Try the Just Like Glass Note II Protectors

Gorilla Glass scratches. Most Android phones have it and there are still tons of protectors being sold.

I just went to AT&T and played with the Note II for the first time - definitely getting one. I used the spen on my Galaxy Nexus that I have Just Like Glass on and the protector was far smoother than the glass. I tried to make a mark in the protector with the pen and could not. Any harder I would have broken the pen.

They wouldn't let me put a Note II protector on it unfortunately but I have some reviewers testing it now.

Scott

Reactions: meatlocker

meatlocker

Jul 29, 2007
FL
Ordered JLG from Amazon at your suggestion, Scott. Thanks for the good info. I realize that you have a vested interest in making sales, however you blinded me with science and I just couldn't resist. Now, that said, if it sucks, I am going to come right back here and give you a load of sh!t. lol.

SSHGuru

May 12, 2011
Ordered JLG from Amazon at your suggestion, Scott. Thanks for the good info. I realize that you have a vested interest in making sales, however you blinded me with science and I just couldn't resist. Now, that said, if it sucks, I am going to come right back here and give you a load of sh!t. lol.

LOL - go read the monster thread on the Galaxy S III protectors - I'm into customer satisfaction.

I'm going to get one once Verizon decides to carry them and put my own protector on it. I have had one on my Galaxy Nexus for months. Well actually I've had a few on because I go demonstrate the break resistance of the glass by banging it against the corner of display cases.

The last time I did it I made a little hole in the protector - got a little enthusiastic. That one had to be replaced.

erick161

Mar 10, 2011
Been looking at this one anybody ever try this if so how is it. Didnt have any reviews

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

They are pretty crappy. Its like window cling material. Dont expect to use the Spen with it. It catches the tip. I'm just using it until my new ones arive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

I do not get it,

Note 2 has a gorrila glass, then why use a screen protector? on an Iphone, yes this is needed, but with glass ?

Seriously? Stop confusing sratch resistant and scratch proof... gorilla glass still scratches!

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

None of the spg screen protectors go to the edge. I'm just hoping I made a good choice with mines. I did buy the crystal one. If I don't like it I can always switch back and or trade someone here for one of their uo ones. I think we get two of each.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Actually, using a case that protects the bezel...this is actually wanted. Some cases interfere with screen protectors that go all the way to the edge. I actually hope the new screen protectors I ordered don't go to the edge.

Reactions: burrzoo

SSHGuru

May 12, 2011
They are pretty crappy. Its like window cling material. Dont expect to use the Spen with it. It catches the tip. I'm just using it until my new ones arive.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

Seriously? Stop confusing sratch resistant and scratch proof... gorilla glass still scratches!

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Actually, using a case that protects the bezel...this is actually wanted. Some cases interfere with screen protectors that go all the way to the edge. I actually hope the new screen protectors I ordered don't go to the edge.

While I have not seen the exact coverage of he Just Like Glass protector - if the screen is curved we usually leave about 1/16th around the screen to avoid peeling and to make it case friendly.

Reactions: burrzoo

yeip

Oct 16, 2012
San José
I ordered a Zagg screen and back protector

It should be here by Tuesday. As soon as it arrives I'll give my opinion on it.

SSHGuru

May 12, 2011

I had the Original Droid and it had Gorilla Glass. I was very active in the forums and many people broke and scratched it. It's good stuff but it's not as good as they try to make it out to be.

Samsung is working on a bendable screen which will be made out of something else - unbreakable. When that is perfected then there will be no need for screen protectors.

meatlocker

Jul 29, 2007
FL
I had the Original Droid and it had Gorilla Glass. I was very active in the forums and many people broke and scratched it. It's good stuff but it's not as good as they try to make it out to be.

Samsung is working on a bendable screen which will be made out of something else - unbreakable. When that is perfected then there will be no need for screen protectors.

"Unbreakable" and "unscratchable" are two wildly different things.

erick161

Mar 10, 2011
Just received my new ones. Similar to the one ive used on my atrix and OG note. Doesnt catch the tip of the Spen like the xtremeguard ones do.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353179333994.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353179333994.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 899

erick161

Mar 10, 2011
Very true...

However if the screen can bend how can you put a protector on it?

I doubt they will make them bend at will. I bet they will flex on impact to provide absorption of the impact and distribution of it. Mind you, the internals wont bend...soo. screen protector will work fine.

Xperrier

Jan 31, 2009
Budapest
Seriously? Stop confusing scratch resistant and scratch proof... gorilla glass still scratches!

ok, then I would use a screen protector...thanks:good:

SSHGuru

May 12, 2011
hmm i am using privacy sp which i bought here in sg locally.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34287455

We don't make a privacy protector.

I did test the spen on my Galaxy Nexus (I have Verizon so I can't get my Note II yet) and it was smoother than drawing on the glass and it left no marks at all. I tried to scratch it with the pen and I would have broken it if I tried harder (and the AT&T security guy would have been pissed).

SSHGuru

May 12, 2011
Invisible Phone Guard
I ordered this one 'cause it's the only decent one I could find in Turkey. Any ideas about it?

http://www.invisiblephoneguard.com/product.asp?id=337

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Did you watch the video's? The music is enough to kill yourself :p

Anytime you see self healing technology it means extra layers of plastic. That means it will likely feel like a ZAGG with the spen.

This is ours - http://www.dbacases.com/justlikeglassscreenprotectoriphone5-1-1.aspx

We do ship worldwide and I can guarantee your spen will work better with your Note II than with any other screen protector that exists.

As far as protection - we made a pretty cool video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3oZvd1W5xw&feature=player_embedded

We have a few more video's coming out without the annoying music and slower.

Go review this thread on XDA - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34289528#post34289528

It's for the Galaxy S3 but it's the same protection film.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can someone take a pic of the Spigen UC protector on their Note 2?
    I heard it doesn't completely cover the screen and leaves a good chunk of lip.

renapy5e.jpg

hu9uvy7u.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Be a little carefull witj jlg. Got a cheep phone case and a lot of flack from scott. Paypal is now involved. Never got the screen protector

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Alot of flack?

You emailed me SIX times on Saturday frantic trying to get me to refund your money. You sent me pictures of products that you "received" from me that we don't carry and my fulfillment center said they don't even ship.

I called Paypal before you did today and warned them about you. As I expected you put in a claim. I've already responded with proof that we did not ship these items to you. I've also asked Paypal to retain the records so I can press charges against you criminally.

You're trying to defraud me. I guess there is a first time and you are it.

If anyone wonders what he said we sent to him here is the picture he emailed to me...

img00032ue.jpg

What Michael doesn't know is that I'm a 20 year trial attorney, an American Arbitration Association Commercial Arbitrator and a Florida Supreme Court Mediator.

Anyone on XDA knows I send out replacements and refund money immediately. I'm known for my customer service. If you had an ounce of credibility you would have had the money Saturday.

Scott
    I am about ready to build a damn clean room so I can put a screen protector on without getting that one tiny fleck of whatever it is that's attracted to my screen right before I place the protector on. 1 of 2 things always happens; 1) I get a fleck of dust or small fuzzy somethingorother under the protector... or 2) I finally get the protector on without any dust, only to find I placed it on ever so crooked. 4 protectors later, FML. Of course when I put my wifes protector on her Note 2... not a single problem!

Two things that REALLY make the installation perfect ever time...1. Install in the bathroom after running the shower on hot for about 5 mins and the curtain open (steam gets rid of all the dust). 2. Get a spray bottle filled with water...spray up in the air all around the bathroom about a min before installation...that will attach to any remaining dust and take it out of the air. Do this and you will be fine every single time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Gotcha. Tapping one side really helps if you're having trouble getting it perfect. I've just not had a problem getting then perfect. Not quite sure what type of environment some of the people here are trying to put them on in, but I've never had any issue with lint or dust.

Sent from my SGNII

dust_storm.jpg
    Read your useless manuals...

"Useless" since your not reading it...

Do not use lcd protectors....

Please do not call people useless until you find out the truth....screen protectors do not effect the screen at all...even Samsung sells screen protectors themselves

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium