Need a longer USB cable and an international charger

Search This thread

hajime_android

Apr 22, 2012
Hello,

The white cable which came with the PRO 12.2 is a bit too short for me. I am looking for one which is about 30-50% longer. Can't find it on Samsung website. Any recommendation? Do thicker cables and cables made of better materials lead to faster charging?

I bought the Note PRO 12.2 LTE in Hong Kong. The charger has 3 legs (one extendable) for the electric outlet. Is there a Samsung official charger or adapter kit that I can use in the US, Japan and China?

Thanks.

lSuperuserl

Apr 12, 2012
Hey bud eBay 10ft cables and they have international chargers see them today

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

hajime_android

Apr 22, 2012
Thanks but I usually don't buy from ebay. Given the cost of the Note Pro, I am looking for high quality products from well known companies. Ordering through Amazon is fine.

Actually what kind of usb cable came with our PRO 12.2? Is it just a normal USB 3.0 cable? Any specification on its impedance?

Last edited:

hajime_android

Apr 22, 2012
Hello, local stores have the following Samsung chargers. Which one is fully compatible with our PRO 12.2?

USB Travel Adapter for N7100 Galaxy Note II ETA-U90 EWE
Travel Adapter for S4 ETA-U90CBC

Leighm0

Apr 2, 2007
Perth
Hello, local stores have the following Samsung chargers. Which one is fully compatible with our PRO 12.2?

You would be better off with the Samsung Note 3 (N900) Travel Adapter / Charger, and the Note 3 USB3 Cables if you can find them as Official Samsung products.

Here is the Official Note 3 Travel Adapter:
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/EP-TA10JWEQSTA
Amazon have it listed as:
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-21-Pin-Travel-Charger-Packaging/dp/B00K3MH7IS

However the cable length is not as big as the Official NotePRO 12.2 cable, as I have purchased both and the one that comes with the Note 3 Travel Adapter is much shorter.

Last edited:
Reactions: hajime_android

hajime_android

Apr 22, 2012
Thanks, so I just get the Samsung Note 3 (N900) Travel Adapter / Charger and use it with the usb3 cable which came with the Note PRO 12.2?

I was told that the length of usb3 cables from Samsung is <= 5 feet. If I want longer one, I need to go for 3rd party products. Any recommendation? As you may know, some iPhone users used unofficial products and had their phones damaged or got killed. We have already paid a lot for our Note PRO already. It is better to get a good quality cable from reputable company.

The official charger for the Note 3 is identical to the one of the NotePro. It's called Travel Adapter even straight from the box of the phone itself. It works with the NotePro cable without issue. (I'm using them both interchangably to charge my NotePro and Note 3.)

Apple installed some kind of sensor in their devices that breaks things when they're not using official equipment. Samsung has no such thing. (They tried it with the View covers, didn't go so well.)

Most decent USB 3.0 cables are fine. USB2.0 also shouldn't make any difference in terms of charging speed, it only affects transfer speed.

Reactions: hajime_android

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You would be better off with the Samsung Note 3 (N900) Travel Adapter / Charger, and the Note 3 USB3 Cables if you can find them as Official Samsung products.

Here is the Official Note 3 Travel Adapter:
    http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/EP-TA10JWEQSTA
    Amazon have it listed as:
    http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-21-Pin-Travel-Charger-Packaging/dp/B00K3MH7IS

However the cable length is not as big as the Official NotePRO 12.2 cable, as I have purchased both and the one that comes with the Note 3 Travel Adapter is much shorter.
    The official charger for the Note 3 is identical to the one of the NotePro. It's called Travel Adapter even straight from the box of the phone itself. It works with the NotePro cable without issue. (I'm using them both interchangably to charge my NotePro and Note 3.)

Apple installed some kind of sensor in their devices that breaks things when they're not using official equipment. Samsung has no such thing. (They tried it with the View covers, didn't go so well.)

Most decent USB 3.0 cables are fine. USB2.0 also shouldn't make any difference in terms of charging speed, it only affects transfer speed.