Q&A thread for TWRP Unofficial

Search This thread

sshams95

Jun 17, 2010
Newbie ?: I already flashed the unofficial CWM...if I flash this TWRP, will it work fine? One I boot into recovery, how will phone know to go to TWRP and not CWM?

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
So is this the most stable TWRP recovery? Surprised to see so many, makes things dank confusing around here! My main thing is being able to backup nandroid to external ad card, restore from external ad card, and obviously flash Ron's and apps and tweaks, factory reset, erase cache and dalvik cache.

Are all the above working here? Using cwm now and been a headache as it only uses internal storage. Couple backups and storage is full!

shojus

Jan 9, 2008
GRap
So is this the most stable TWRP recovery? Surprised to see so many, makes things dank confusing around here! My main thing is being able to backup nandroid to external ad card, restore from external ad card, and obviously flash Ron's and apps and tweaks, factory reset, erase cache and dalvik cache.

Are all the above working here? Using cwm now and been a headache as it only uses internal storage. Couple backups and storage is full!

ALL working and this is the best as far as I am concerned. No hiccups for me and I am even running a TWRP theme...:good:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2710448

Last edited:

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
The only issue I've seen so far is Aroma installers don't count their % correctly. It does work in the functional CWM, but I'm sticking with this since it's quite minor in my book.

And I tested both compressed and uncompressed backups and restores. Working perfectly.

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
How do i setup TWRP so it saves all backups to External SD Card? Does it do this by default or need to be setup?

How do i set it up so it restores, loads, or just knows to go to External SD Card for anything i want to flash?

Thanks

Doing a nandroid backup now and says backup folder: /data/media/0/twrp etc... Want it in External SD Card

cmo220

Aug 26, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
How do i setup TWRP so it saves all backups to External SD Card? Does it do this by default or need to be setup?

How do i set it up so it restores, loads, or just knows to go to External SD Card for anything i want to flash?

Thanks

Doing a nandroid backup now and says backup folder: /data/media/0/twrp etc... Want it in External SD Card

There is an option in the Backup tab. I think it is rectangular shaped on the bottom half of the screen. It probably says Internal Storage by default. Click it and it will change to External Storage.

Reactions: deeznuts

dsEVOlve

Sep 2, 2010
So I'm guessing either flashing or TWRP itself inadvertantly reset my battery stats. Before starting I was at 48% battery. I flashed using Flashify, powered down and booted into bootloader then recovery. After I took a quick glance to be sure the flash took, I rebooted back to system. Once system loaded up I was at 100% battery. I rebooted again just to see if it was temporary and it is still up around 100% (it dropped a percentage or two from rebooting).

Edit: I rebooted back into recovery and TWRP still had me at the right battery level. Instead of rebooting straight to system from TWRP I just powered down then booted up normally. The right battery % is showing now. Go figure.

Last edited:

mkeefner

Dec 2, 2011
so i flashed this using flashify and now i can not get out or recovery... the only thing i did was make a back up i have tried using reboot system, and it goes back into twrp. i can reboot to bootloader, but when i select reboot fromt there my phone boots back into twrp. i have tried flashing the the stock recovery from the bootloader screen and still boots into twrp, i have also flashed back to cwm and it still goes to twrp, so not sure how to get out, never had this before

edit: if i select recovery from the reboot menu in twrp it goes to the stock android recovery, and if i reboot from there i go right back to twrp

edit # 2: i can flash different recovery and boot to them from twrp but i cannot reboot to the system... its almot like its acting as if twrrp is the system?

edit #3: i finally found got out for recovery loop, i booted back into fastboot and the flashed the insecure boot img and then finally i was able to boot into the system, i have no clue what happened

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts