Dropping calls

Search This thread

Kiriakos2016

May 30, 2016
Hello my phone is dropping calls very frequently (when someone calls me the operator says I don't have network).In my phone the signal is OK with 4 bars! My phone has latest 14s from and I have installed Google play and,twrp and root.The problem seems to be gone if i change network type to 3g.Any ideas?

Last edited:

Kiriakos2016

May 30, 2016
I have figured out that when in 4G the phone constantly loosing signal and finds it again,that is why is dropping incoming calls,also the 4G speed is low compared with other phones which are side by side

UNDR8D83

Sep 19, 2010
hi i too have similar problem with constant signal switching and even disconnections

any fix for this?

Kiriakos2016

May 30, 2016
I have searched everywhere and didn't find any fix,someone said that he has put his sim in tray 2 and things are better.

Last edited:

UNDR8D83

Sep 19, 2010
this is what i have done so far...
-got a replacement sim, placed it in sim2
-flashed latest stock from letv
-flashed back to CUOCO v23
-installed v24, v25 updates

so far no too bad its getting better day by day guess i'll ride it out see how it goes

Kiriakos2016

May 30, 2016
I believe that maybe it is a problem with the band's.Here in Greece we have LTE in 800,1900 and 2600 MHz and the phone has problem.The provider use different bands in different areas.Some areas covered with 2 bands simultaneously.The x820 has limited band support compared with x821 (India version) so I believe the phone can't switch because doesn't support all of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: UNDR8D83

UNDR8D83

Sep 19, 2010
i think u may be right, it wasnt happening as much at home as i may have only locked on to one tower, but at work in the cbd its crazy, does seem like its arguing with the radio bands with it constantly switching around, hopefully they'll release a port of the indian rom for the x820 like they did with the 1s, its getting pretty annoying

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

i jus forced it to use 3G only n seem stable so far, i dont need 4g/lte at work anyways lol, this is what i did
-in engineering menu put it as CDMA only
-put network priority to 3G(this will not work without putting it the CDMA first)
-turn off ENHANCED 4G mode

so far full reception in 3g and no dropouts/disconnections

rkrishnamurthy

Apr 11, 2005
X820 4g signal issue

i think u may be right, it wasnt happening as much at home as i may have only locked on to one tower, but at work in the cbd its crazy, does seem like its arguing with the radio bands with it constantly switching around, hopefully they'll release a port of the indian rom for the x820 like they did with the 1s, its getting pretty annoying

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

i jus forced it to use 3G only n seem stable so far, i dont need 4g/lte at work anyways lol, this is what i did
-in engineering menu put it as CDMA only
-put network priority to 3G(this will not work without putting it the CDMA first)
-turn off ENHANCED 4G mode

so far full reception in 3g and no dropouts/disconnections
Hi bro, u also from singapore? i am planning to buy this phone in a day or so. Want to make sure there is no signal issue. From the specs, it has 2/3 lte bands.

UNDR8D83

Sep 19, 2010
im from Australia bud i had the letv 1s before and had no issues with signal only now with the max2 :(

Barnis78

Oct 16, 2013
Probably some sort of software issue regarding the 3g network, because when set on 3g priority the signal switching on and off like crazy. Have anyone tried to turn of data? And we who live in the western world have a huge 2g and 3g network that we still use for calls. Not like China or India who jumped right onto the higher speeds. I mean if you buy a phone direct from one of the carriers in your country you will have a device that is optimized for that network. U will not if you import from China regardless full band spec. We have to hope for a fix for next update.

kart_man_21

Dec 25, 2005
Probably some sort of software issue regarding the 3g network, because when set on 3g priority the signal switching on and off like crazy. Have anyone tried to turn of data? And we who live in the western world have a huge 2g and 3g network that we still use for calls. Not like China or India who jumped right onto the higher speeds. I mean if you buy a phone direct from one of the carriers in your country you will have a device that is optimized for that network. U will not if you import from China regardless full band spec. We have to hope for a fix for next update.
Has anyone tried with different rom e.g Indian or cm if it improves?

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app

MerlijnD

Mar 16, 2011
My x820 le max 2 works absolutely perfect with the 4g here in the Netherlands, as it supports almost all bands worldwide. It almost switches back to 3g.

Last edited:

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, sorry for very late reply... have any of you tested with the latest modem firmware files flash via TWRP?

The very latest is "MODEM_446D_V.00050" which is from the developer branch, or you can try out "MODEM_CN_26S_05.09_V.00033"

Here's where you can download them from (might want to use your favorite website translator)
https://yadi.sk/d/woKdrlRrv8yhr

Here's the Russian Le Max 2 forum I got this link from
https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=822890

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello my phone is dropping calls very frequently (when someone calls me the operator says I don't have network).In my phone the signal is OK with 4 bars! My phone has latest 14s from and I have installed Google play and,twrp and root.The problem seems to be gone if i change network type to 3g.Any ideas?
    I believe that maybe it is a problem with the band's.Here in Greece we have LTE in 800,1900 and 2600 MHz and the phone has problem.The provider use different bands in different areas.Some areas covered with 2 bands simultaneously.The x820 has limited band support compared with x821 (India version) so I believe the phone can't switch because doesn't support all of them.