[APP] ADB over WIFI Widget

Search This thread

bohlool

Jun 21, 2010
attachment.php

search market for "ADB over WIFI Widget"

Notes:
- Rooted phone only.

A Widget to quickly enable/disable ADB over wifi. It will work over WIFI or Hotspot. IP and Port information will be shown on the icon. SU access may needed depends on your ROM and in that case, it would be slower (experimental).

If it didn't work, please email me, we will work it out.

Other features of the widget:
- Info on the icon can be enabled/disabled.
- The label under the icon can be customized or completely disabled
- You can specify port number
- you can set SU mode, please note that this feature is experimental and will slow down the widget operations a little.

Attachments

• WifiAdb_QR_Code.jpg
    WifiAdb_QR_Code.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 5,054
Last edited:

bohlool

Jun 21, 2010
App is free now!

I decided to make the widget free. download and enjoy. I will add some cool features soon.

Stalte

Nov 15, 2009
Asheville
Awesome. How do you get it to work??? Like is there something for the PC I have to download or run??

bohlool

Jun 21, 2010
No software required on PC

Nothing needed on PC other than the ADB itself of course.
Make sure Debug mode is enabled on your phone.

this is the command on PC:

ADB connect IP:pORT

IP will be shown on the icon when you enable it and you can set port (also will be shown on the icon).

you should be on the same network with your phone, you cannot use 3G IP to connect it on the internet.

Have fun!

ardax

Jul 22, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Make sure Debug mode is enabled on your phone.
Dumb question: How do I do this?

I've got USB Debugging checked in Settings -> Applications -> Development, but that doesn't seem to do the trick to use ADB via WiFi.

I'm running Ruby 1.1.1 on an HTC Incredible, Super User Mode is checked (widget doesn't seem to work without it), and the widget says it's enabled, shows me the IP/port, but adb simply says "unable to connect to 192.168.1.xxx:5555" (I changed the port to 5555).

GermanBrat

Aug 27, 2010
Dumb question: How do I do this?

I've got USB Debugging checked in Settings -> Applications -> Development, but that doesn't seem to do the trick to use ADB via WiFi.

I'm running Ruby 1.1.1 on an HTC Incredible, Super User Mode is checked (widget doesn't seem to work without it), and the widget says it's enabled, shows me the IP/port, but adb simply says "unable to connect to 192.168.1.xxx:5555" (I changed the port to 5555).

I take it that you've granted the application superuser permissions? You need to then need to activate the widget and adb connect xxxxxxx

ardax

Jul 22, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Yes, it has permissions in superuser. I tap the widget to activate, it turns green and displays my phone's IP address + port. I open up a command window (w/ admin privileges, though that doesn't seem to matter), run "adb connect IP:port" and get the "unable to connect" message.

adbWireless doesn't work either.

Last edited:

bohlool

Jun 21, 2010
Where are you using this app? is it on your home network or a work/university? Because I also cannot connect in university, I've found a fix for it thats need a trick. I will add the trick to next version (Maybe I do it tonight, stay tuned), I hope it also work for you.

Just a test, can you use programs such as file managers to remotely access a share folder on your computer? because you should be on the same folder to do this.

bohlool

Jun 21, 2010
Updated!

Check the updated version. Enable Change mask option and set different mask values. It fixed on my university's network with "255.255.0.0". you need to check the computer ip and your phone ip and determine what mask you should use. The goal is to make phone that you are on the same network as the computer.

Also a bug fixed. :)

Have fun.

Last edited:

SamManMos

Feb 25, 2010
Moscow
The widget itself works like a charm, thanks a lot! But - look what I see in my Command Prompt window(on desktop computer under Windows 7) after successful connection with android device:
Code:
~ # cd /sys
cd /sys
/sys # ls
ls
←[1;34mandroid_gsensor←[0m  ←[1;34mclass←[0m            ←[1;34mfirmware←[0m
    ←[1;34mmodule←[0m
←[1;34mblock←[0m            ←[1;34mdev←[0m              ←[1;34mfs←[0m
    ←[1;34mpower←[0m
←[1;34mbus←[0m              ←[1;34mdevices←[0m          ←[1;34mkernel←[0m
/sys #

What this??? What all these "←[" mean??? :confused:

ardax

Jul 22, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Those are escape codes. With the right terminal program, they can control the cursor or change colors among other things. They are coming from whatever shell your ROM is running.

As for me, there must have been something wrong with my Ruby installation. The widget worked just fine after restoring a nandroid of Virtuous, and works great on my wife's Droid running Sapphire.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

AfzalivE

Aug 27, 2010
excellent app!

can someone tell me how to post a review on the Android Market so I can rate this app and review it?

every noob there has posted a bad review but it worked for me :)

bohlool

Jun 21, 2010
excellent app!

can someone tell me how to post a review on the Android Market so I can rate this app and review it?

every noob there has posted a bad review but it worked for me :)

open app in Market, at the top click on stars to rate and on Post Comment to write a comment.

Thanks.

gpz1100

Nov 28, 2009
Very useful program, thanks!

I do have a question; Is enabling su when adding the widget required to make it work?

If I leave this toggle unchecked, the widget never turns green to indicate a connection is possible.

When it is checked, everything works as expected.

Is this toggle giving the widget su permission, or is it to grant permission to the wireless adb connection?

Please clarify the function of this toggle.

Thanks!

gpz1100

Nov 28, 2009
Given the nature of this program, is the source code available for this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

search market for "ADB over WIFI Widget"

Notes:
    - Rooted phone only.

A Widget to quickly enable/disable ADB over wifi. It will work over WIFI or Hotspot. IP and Port information will be shown on the icon. SU access may needed depends on your ROM and in that case, it would be slower (experimental).

If it didn't work, please email me, we will work it out.

Other features of the widget:
    - Info on the icon can be enabled/disabled.
    - The label under the icon can be customized or completely disabled
    - You can specify port number
    - you can set SU mode, please note that this feature is experimental and will slow down the widget operations a little.