my experience with a cheap aftermarket hd7 battery

Search This thread

Magpir

Jul 4, 2011
Recently I bought a cheap battery which is obviously from china.
And it looks like the original HTC battery with the same black colour.

On first use it came with 80% charge level . I used the battery until it drained . It lasted the same as my original worn out battery of 6 months at the same percentage (maybe due to old batt stats in the is)
the following charge cycles( full drain and full charge)
First full charge cycle -battery only charged to 72%.
2nd cycle - battery charged to 75%
3rd cycle -battery charged to 83%.

one of the major difference is that with this battery,the phone shows that red juice cylinder , when it starts charging from 0%. Something I didn't saw with the original HTC battery after mango beta .

The first 2 cycles the battery exhibited the rapid drain symptom after plugging off the charger .
after the 3rd cycle it does not have this behavior and drained normally.

After this 3rd cycle the battery indicator was stuck at 80%. Used the phone for 3g browsing for 30 mins . Restarted the phone and it showed 91%. Used till 77% and charged the phone to 100%
At this time the battery is doing great . Will do another cycle a few days later to see how it goes.

In between these charges I had some small partial charges.

So far the battery now holds better and able to surf continuously on 3g for 40 mins and its at 90%, WiFi off , location on ,bt off ,battery saver on ,

the funny thing is that it is like the same quality original HTC battery .
is is mango with latest firmware update.

Last edited:

Gishum

Apr 3, 2012
there are some problems with the original HD7 HTC battery.

mine did not last long before it died.

HTC needs to do QA on its batterires. They are the worst ever used

Epsis

May 26, 2010
NW England
I recently (two days ago?) had a big 3500mAh battery arrive which i ordered from the internet, i paid about £14 for it. I've noticed it's a little weird in terms of performance, and i'm not sure if that's anything to do with the HD7 software side, or if i've just been ripped off.

3500mAh is ~3x the capacity of the stock HD7 battery so i was expecting charging times to be way, way longer but also for my phone to last a good deal longer too, but i've just been seeing major inconsistencies. My new battery would charge and discharge faster than the stock one that came with my phone, it'd stick on 99% charging, it's really confusing.

At the moment, it seems to be behaving itself with 56% time since last charge 15 hours, time remaining 9 hours. I have reason to suspect that when you use a new battery that the battery information Windows Phone 7/7.5 provides is WILDLY inaccurate, and it might take some time for the software to get used to the new battery.

I'm not sure, i'm just finding batteries really confusing!

Magpir

Jul 4, 2011
I recently (two days ago?) had a big 3500mAh battery arrive which i ordered from the internet, i paid about £14 for it. I've noticed it's a little weird in terms of performance, and i'm not sure if that's anything to do with the HD7 software side, or if i've just been ripped off.

3500mAh is ~3x the capacity of the stock HD7 battery so i was expecting charging times to be way, way longer but also for my phone to last a good deal longer too, but i've just been seeing major inconsistencies. My new battery would charge and discharge faster than the stock one that came with my phone, it'd stick on 99% charging, it's really confusing.

At the moment, it seems to be behaving itself with 56% time since last charge 15 hours, time remaining 9 hours. I have reason to suspect that when you use a new battery that the battery information Windows Phone 7/7.5 provides is WILDLY inaccurate, and it might take some time for the software to get used to the new battery.

I'm not sure, i'm just finding batteries really confusing!

try using a custom rom, the battery usualy lasts longer. the sdcard tweak works well . i beleive its a prblem with how wp7 OS handles the sdcard power management

i beleive the OS uses power consumption vs power capacity to judge the gauge. also u whenever u full charge the battery , u need to let it rest for a few hours. so ideally every evening u get home, charge it to 100 % from whatever is left with and unplug from the charger immediately after full. leaving it ont he charger whole night seems to drain it when u take it out fromt he charger next morning and start using it.

try using this app battery discharger ( free ) from the marketplace: it calibrated my battery well

when its close to dying like 20%, just run this app , and fully drained, charge full again

now my battery last 30+ hours on idle. i am not sure if yr 15 hours is correct on that size u have ,

Last edited:

Magpir

Jul 4, 2011
there are some problems with the original HD7 HTC battery.

mine did not last long before it died.

HTC needs to do QA on its batterires. They are the worst ever used

yep i agree, the original HTC batteries seem to be worst than the cheap aftermarket versions