Trident Perseus

Search This thread

I.R.Chevy

Dec 20, 2011
Calgary, AB
So I didn't really like the bulky look of the Aegis case but I do like the idea of a silicone case and I took a quick look on eBay and found this:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Black-Silicone-Skin-Case-Cover-LG-Optimus-G2X-P990-/400280659577

Nothing fancy but low profile protection is what I'm after.... I'm currently using a see through hard plastic case which I have no complaints about considering it too was only a couple bucks.
Maybe I will post some pics up later.

Pin it to Win it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We all know how amazing the Trident Aegis case is when it comes to protection, but some of you guys were turned off by the thickness.

http://www.cyclopscase.com/perseus-series-lg-g2x-black/

Came across this the other day - the protection of the Aegis, without losing the phone's sleek design.

Gonna order it soon, will report back on how it is.

Edit:

Ebay Link
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trident-PER...ccessories&hash=item3a6fce8e7c#ht_2132wt_1270
    Its not worth the discussion. Its basically a the Aegis without the covers and the hard shell. The Aegis is by far the better choice, and not too mich bigger than the Perseus.

I bought the Perseus and Aegis at the same time, got the Perseus before the Aegis and then sold the Perseus to a friend after being much more satisfied with the Aegis. Hope this helps anyone considering Trident cases.

Sent from my amazing G2X running Bionic Reloaded v1.2.1
    Anything else you'd like to add about the cover? I'm mainly curious about how it compares to the Aegis in terms of thickness and weight.

Well its made up of non slip silicone, so it has a nice feel to it. I would definitely feel comfortable running with it or doing any activity that would require the phone not to slip out of my hand.

Well its a little smaller than the Aegis, maybe around .15 mm. Its almost nothing. It is slightly heavier, I think because they went with a sturdier silicone on the Aegis, but I like it as my phone feels protected.

The thing that won me over was the hard shell, it makes it easier to take out of jeans (I wear jeans most of the time) than just the silicone case. The added protection is nice, as is the anti-skid feature, even though the silicone case has it as well. Hope this helps anyone considering Trident cases. The last thing that I love about the Aegis are the dust/water resistant covers. While obviously dunking your phone in water might not be the best idea, if you suddenly spill a drink near your phone, you don't have to worry about the exposed Micro USB and headphone ports. Obviously not the HDMI since it is already covered, but its nice to have it available as well.

Also, I can post pictures of the Aegis case if anyone requests it, I don't have the Perseus anymore but I might be able to compare for a brief moment.