[MOD] DSP Manager V2

Search This thread

BotsOne

Apr 3, 2011
Colorado Springs
I've been looking for a good Equalizer to use on the DNA, I figured I would mess around trying to get DSP Manager to work tonight. Turns out I didn't have to do anything besides searching around and testing a few zips. I found a zip that works over in the EVO 3D forum. I take no credit for anything besides testing.

This does not remove the beats audio feature they actually both run at the same time. One thing I noticed is that you can't reach the equalizer from the play music app anymore, I'm not sure why that is. Also - If you have crappy headphones you can seriously damage them using this. Also you can damage your ears pretty bad as well. It is pretty cool I have a nice set of headphones with nice drivers, and I listen to a lot of bass heavy music, and the first song I listened to was pretty amazing. I think I almost blew my head off. So yeah, be careful.

Credit goes to the user "thebott" from the Evo 3D forum, that's who originally posted this zip as far as I can tell.

Attachments

• DSPmanager2.zip
    277.4 KB · Views: 1,618

Danzoman

Oct 9, 2010
Columbia SC
Thanks confirmed working with Play music and Pandora. It took me a long time to find one that works with Pandora on my Gnex. Brilliant. :beer:

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

two_cents

Mar 23, 2009
Does it work with the phone speaker? Or just headphones?

Is it an apk? Or a flasable zip?
Thanks

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

BotsOne

Apr 3, 2011
Colorado Springs
It should work with both the phone speaker and bluetooth devices, as there's a separate page for each. I haven't tested either though perhaps someone else can report back after they have used one of these features. Also it is a flashable zip file. DSP manager must be installed as a system app alongside a few libs, which can only be done in recovery mode currently.

das7982

Feb 28, 2012
Broken Arrow
I love the android community. Thanks

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 AM ----------

Works brilliantly

Ndaoud360

Oct 19, 2009
Force Closes probably because I already had DSP manager installed on my device before.

BFirebird101

Feb 10, 2011
Can't tell if it's working or not. I switched stuff around while playing music and I noticed no difference. Hmm

Sent from my Droid DNA. 1080p never looked so sweet.
I have awakened. Hopefully someday you do the same!

BFirebird101

Feb 10, 2011
Stock...too many bugs on deodexed ROM right now. Or I say too many I don't think that's the case. When the video stuff gets worked out I'll flash it for sure

BotsOne

Apr 3, 2011
Colorado Springs
Yeah I feel ya about the bugs on the deodexed rom kinda sucks. But anyways, I flashed this on the stock rom and it worked immediately. What app are you using to listen to music?

BFirebird101

Feb 10, 2011
Stock HTC player. Am I supposed to enable it on settings or something first like in aosp

BotsOne

Apr 3, 2011
Colorado Springs
Mine didn't show up under settings or in the music app under equalizer at first. I just played a song and then went back to the DSP and changed stuff. I noticed later (probably after a few reboots) that it showed up in the music app under equalizer all of a sudden. Never did check under settings.

Edit: Just noticed that you said stock HTC player, I was thinking you were using the stock google music app. It probably just doesn't work for that player. I've come across other apps that DSP didn't play well with. Try using google music and see if it works.

Last edited:
Reactions: BFirebird101

BFirebird101

Feb 10, 2011
Combined with beats.. So much bass. FUARKKK

jamdmyers

Dec 30, 2010
I like the DSM but it appears to have overwritten the Wifi Nag fix Can you see if it can be compiled with that as well, I hadn't tried writting the wifi fix again but will.. I suspect it may disable the dsm..

Reactions: irie1

typeriz

Dec 10, 2007
Try using neutron music player has the best eq and sound settings

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been looking for a good Equalizer to use on the DNA, I figured I would mess around trying to get DSP Manager to work tonight. Turns out I didn't have to do anything besides searching around and testing a few zips. I found a zip that works over in the EVO 3D forum. I take no credit for anything besides testing.

This does not remove the beats audio feature they actually both run at the same time. One thing I noticed is that you can't reach the equalizer from the play music app anymore, I'm not sure why that is. Also - If you have crappy headphones you can seriously damage them using this. Also you can damage your ears pretty bad as well. It is pretty cool I have a nice set of headphones with nice drivers, and I listen to a lot of bass heavy music, and the first song I listened to was pretty amazing. I think I almost blew my head off. So yeah, be careful.

Credit goes to the user "thebott" from the Evo 3D forum, that's who originally posted this zip as far as I can tell.
    Mine didn't show up under settings or in the music app under equalizer at first. I just played a song and then went back to the DSP and changed stuff. I noticed later (probably after a few reboots) that it showed up in the music app under equalizer all of a sudden. Never did check under settings.

Edit: Just noticed that you said stock HTC player, I was thinking you were using the stock google music app. It probably just doesn't work for that player. I've come across other apps that DSP didn't play well with. Try using google music and see if it works.
    I like the DSM but it appears to have overwritten the Wifi Nag fix Can you see if it can be compiled with that as well, I hadn't tried writting the wifi fix again but will.. I suspect it may disable the dsm..