Is the Moto g WiFi radio causing interference in phone calls???

Search This thread

DaKillaWilla

Apr 12, 2009
Has anybody had a problem with people hearing you when making or receiving a call while your Wi-Fi is connected to the internet??? It seems when I go into my settings and shut it off. They tell me it sounds better. I'm using CDMA boost mobiles version of the moto g.

Has anybody experienced this???

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk 2

highspeedfelon

Jun 3, 2014
Has anybody had a problem with people hearing you when making or receiving a call while your Wi-Fi is connected to the internet??? It seems when I go into my settings and shut it off. They tell me it sounds better. I'm using CDMA boost mobiles version of the moto g.

I have Boost also with the Moto G and I havent really had that issue, but I am having the issue that at random times I get the "Assisted Dialing Error Invalid mobile country" notification and while that notification is flashing I am unable to receive incoming calls. I have spent hours on the phone with Boost and Motorola and the issue has not be resolved and neither can even give me any insight as to what is causing it. I have received a replacement phone from Motorola and it still happens so its not something getting a new Moto G will fix. If you just got the phone my suggestion would be to return it and get some other brand of phone before you are stuck with it.

Reactions: DaKillaWilla

DaKillaWilla

Apr 12, 2009
I have Boost also with the Moto G and I havent really had that issue, but I am having the issue that at random times I get the "Assisted Dialing Error Invalid mobile country" notification and while that notification is flashing I am unable to receive incoming calls. I have spent hours on the phone with Boost and Motorola and the issue has not be resolved and neither can even give me any insight as to what is causing it. I have received a replacement phone from Motorola and it still happens so its not something getting a new Moto G will fix. If you just got the phone my suggestion would be to return it and get some other brand of phone before you are stuck with it.

Maybe try doing a factory wipe of the phone. And when you sign into your Google account don't restore data back to the phone. Start fresh... or install and app called anycut from the play store. You can create shortcuts on your home screen of some hidden phone menus. Maybe in them hidden menus there maybe a option to shut that off.

highspeedfelon

Jun 3, 2014
Maybe try doing a factory wipe of the phone. And when you sign into your Google account don't restore data back to the phone. Start fresh... or install and app called anycut from the play store. You can create shortcuts on your home screen of some hidden phone menus. Maybe in them hidden menus there maybe a option to shut that off.

Yeah I have done about 100 factory restores. Boost basically gave up trying to help and said to contact motorola. Motorola basically gave up and said contact Boost. Motorola offered to replace the phone but the 2 options they gave were either I put up a $100 deposit and they will ship me a new phone and then refund the money when the receive this phone, or I ship them my phone and then they send me a replacement. Since this is the second Moto G that I have had I know replacing the phone isn't what needed. I have also tried CM on the phone and that didnt solve the the issue with incoming calls but it did get rid of the notification message. My suggestion if you want to keep the phone is try to get a goolge voice number so that way if you start missing calls you will get an email letting you know someone tried to call.

DaKillaWilla

Apr 12, 2009
Yeah I have done about 100 factory restores. Boost basically gave up trying to help and said to contact motorola. Motorola basically gave up and said contact Boost. Motorola offered to replace the phone but the 2 options they gave were either I put up a $100 deposit and they will ship me a new phone and then refund the money when the receive this phone, or I ship them my phone and then they send me a replacement. Since this is the second Moto G that I have had I know replacing the phone isn't what needed. I have also tried CM on the phone and that didnt solve the the issue with incoming calls but it did get rid of the notification message. My suggestion if you want to keep the phone is try to get a goolge voice number so that way if you start missing calls you will get an email letting you know someone tried to call.

Well so far I haven't had the problems you've had. I have been getting my calls and I never seen a notification pop up like that. I would sell it on eBay and buy a lg volt. lol

highspeedfelon

Jun 3, 2014
Well so far I haven't had the problems you've had. I have been getting my calls and I never seen a notification pop up like that. I would sell it on eBay and buy a lg volt. lol

Yeah I have gotten a cheap ATT phone I am going to try on Straight Talk for a little while and if it works good enough I am going to buy a Nexus 5. I would not feel right selling this phone to someone. I may just let my kids play games on the phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.