FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] What media center device is most compatible with the TF300T for remote control?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By JunkieXL78, Junior Member on 27th December 2012, 09:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

New to the world of Android and loving it so far. We have two new devices. The wife has a TF300T and I have an HTC Evo 3D (Evo V technically). Would like the option to use these as remote controllers for a media center.

I was wondering if people had any media center recommendations? Should it be Android powered as well?

I was checking this out but I don't know how compatible it would be with our devices? The price is what caught my eye of course.
htt p: //ww w.amazon.co m/MK802-Android-Google-Player-Allwinner/dp/B008BFXOZE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
28th December 2012, 01:50 AM |#2  
Flag Buffalo, NY
Thanks Meter: 31

Donate to Me
More
If your just looking for something simple that is wife friendly, how about a roku player? There is a roku remote app. I'm not sure what kind of streaming you'd be looking to do but it works for what I need (Netflix, Hulu & streaming video from my pc using playOn)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium HD app
28th December 2012, 06:45 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twism50

If your just looking for something simple that is wife friendly, how about a roku player? There is a roku remote app. I'm not sure what kind of streaming you'd be looking to do but it works for what I need (Netflix, Hulu & streaming video from my pc using playOn)

We really don't pay for any streaming services. I'd like it to be able to play any video format. Have a fairly large xvid collection. I thought being able to control it from her transformer would be a neat thing.
28th December 2012, 05:09 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
I agree that a Roku box is probably your simplest option, but from what I can tell it doesn't do xvid. It will play files from a USB flash or hard drive, but only files it supports (MKV and MP4 H.264, I believe).
29th December 2012, 05:33 AM |#5  
Flag Buffalo, NY
Thanks Meter: 31

Donate to Me
More
I stream xvid using playOn. There is a cost to it though, it's $20 a year (at least it was last year)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)