FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM/PA] SGH-T999 Vanilla RootBox [04/08][v4.2][DEVELOPMENT THREAD]

4,421 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,951

By bajee11, Retired Recognized Developer on 5th January 2013, 04:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th January 2013, 02:12 AM |#31  
Flag Buffalo, NY
Thanks Meter: 31

Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][AOKP/CM] SGH-T999 Vanilla RootBox [16/01][v3.5][Nightlies][Per-App-D
I think so. When I tried changing the DPI without changing the resolution it didn't split, even when checking the tablet box.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium HD app
27th January 2013, 02:32 AM |#32  
Flag Fort Collins, Colorado.
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimguy14

Does the resolution have to be part of what? Also Tablet mode always has, and still does, split the settings and other things. Have you installed the rom and followed instructions in the op regarding per-app dpi? If you would like further assistance please post in the proper thread:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2106546

As opposed to what? You have over 700 posts..weird.
yes you should install JELLY BEAN gapps for this JELLY BEAN rom.
Not trying to sound rude but you said yourself it's a dumb question. A tiny bit of reading and you could have found out that you didn't need to ask because somehow you already knew which gapps to use.

Also this thread is clearly&specifically for development discussion.

NEED SUPPORT? go here, where people are actually willing to answer questions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2106546
Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

The reason I asked is because it says that the jb apps is not compatible with 4.1.x doesnt the x mean later versions
27th January 2013, 02:38 AM |#33  
Flag pnw
Thanks Meter: 261

More
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][AOKP/CM] SGH-T999 Vanilla RootBox [16/01][v3.5][Nightlies][Per-App-D
Yes the x means later versions but pertaining to JBv4.1... since this is 4.2 it no longer applies

The Following User Says Thank You to Swimguy14 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Swimguy14 Ad-Free
27th January 2013, 03:02 AM |#34  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 14,951

More
Seriously guys? This is a development thread, what's so hard to understand. You wanna talk about other things, just go chat in the support thread.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bajee11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bajee11 Ad-Free
27th January 2013, 03:58 AM |#35  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 12,398

Donate to Me
More
I did bro, and please bro, just a request... show some respect to Bajee. He's the dev of RootBox and responsible for the experience you're enjoying. I'll be honest, he's not so lenient to disrespect and unnecessary posts. Just for the sake of you not getting banned or anything, just keep it cool homie... Thanks!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to itsmikeramsay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift itsmikeramsay Ad-Free
27th January 2013, 05:27 AM |#36  
RC-RT Committee / Moderator Committee / Senior Moderator - "Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Thanks Meter: 57,456

Donate to Me
More
Members, honestly when another Member better yet, Members that are Titled RC/RD/RT for that matter request or points out that the OFF TOPIC discussion is not and should not be happening...why not take heed to their statements!

Also for those Members that feel that they need to chill out...well again you may want to take caution in your statements and posting comments regarding your "medication". Now back to Development, and please understand that this a Warning for those...

Thread Cleaned now back to Development discussion. And as always Thank You.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Frank Castle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Frank Castle Ad-Free
27th January 2013, 06:13 AM |#37  
Flag Fort Collins, Colorado.
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Can I ask what launcher is being used in the first post looked through the support thread and didnt see anything.
27th January 2013, 07:06 AM |#38  
DC
Thanks Meter: 42

More
cant find the option to change the dpi for the whole system... not the per app density..
27th January 2013, 07:20 AM |#39  
Flag pnw
Thanks Meter: 261

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunami2312

cant find the option to change the dpi for the whole system... not the per app density..

I don't know if there is an option built in to the gui but you can edit the build.prop line 'ro.lcd.density' to whichever number you prefer, or use rom toolbox from jrummy to change the density. If you use either of these, be sure to clear app data from 'google play store' and 'google services framework' , then restart the phone and open play store / hit accept and there should be no issues with app compatibility.

Cyberianrazr
27th January 2013, 03:24 PM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Any bugs?

27th January 2013, 03:31 PM |#41  
Oklahoma City, OK
Thanks Meter: 604

More
I have yet to find one. This and Illusion are by far the fastest. most stable, and bug free roms for our TMobile Galaxy S3. They are in a league of their own.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.2.1, aokp, cyanogenmod, rootbox

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)