Best place to buy it out right..

Search This thread

NissanNick

Jun 12, 2011
So I will be buying this phone cash no upgrade. Where should I go? I see it on sprint for 550 but everywhere else has the non upgrade price higher. I would have thought bb would see it cheaper than sprint.

Do you think any of the sprint stores will even have any on the 18th lol.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Sephirothvfc

Oct 4, 2011
San Antonio, Tx
Pretty much the best place to buy it out right would be from the carrier if you want it new. Everywhere else is pretty much $100+ more out right.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

tkemack

Jan 17, 2011
Houston
Amazon has it for the same price as sprint, but you'll save the tax.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

dirtyydogg

Jan 6, 2011
Best places would be eBay if your willing to take a risk, I did and my Droid Razr Maxx was flawless. $450 ;)

Amazon.com may have good deals

but if your trying to stay away from the internet. AAFES aka The Exchange, but you have to be in or know someone who is in the military

dsuther13

Apr 3, 2012
If you are buying it out right because you are not due for an upgrade for a while keep this in mind, I was going to cancel my contract early then restart with a new 2 year agreement to get the upgrade price and when I told a Sprint rep that that is what I wanted to do, he said that if I pay $45 that it will give me an early upgrade elegibility and so I did it and I preordered the Evo and now wait for tomorrow for the release might wanna see if you can do that instead of payin all that money to get it off contract. This is legit at least in my case, I don't know if it work for everyone but it did for me. Worth a shot!
But keep in mind it will restart your 2 year agreement....your choice!

NissanNick

Jun 12, 2011
I am eligible for a upgrade. I just dont want to be on contract. With all the stuff Sprint has been taking away and them rolling out LTE Alot more could change soon.

I have been with them for 14 years and I have put up with there slow data speeds for the unlimited thing. But My GF has t-mobil and her speeds blow sprint away in my area (3g and 4g). On top of that she pays about 30 less then me a month. She only gets 5gb of data but I use wifi a lot and never really go over 3gb... Sooooo It might be worth it to change...

le0ch

May 12, 2012
I'm planning on buying as an upgrade, but I missed pre-ordering so I'm going to buy from a physical store hopefully on release day. Anybody know if all sprint stores are going to have the phone available to buy on shelves? Or would it be better to try buying at Best Buy...?

Saneless One

Mar 31, 2011
If you buy the phone full price you'll pay 550. If you do a contract, get the phone for 200, cancel the first month and pay 350 etf, you've basically paid the same amount. Might as well go on contract

NissanNick

Jun 12, 2011
That's true .... I have been with them so long I forgot about etf..... so should I get it at sprint or best buy? I have also bought with sprint...

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

kmyerslp

Aug 9, 2010
Missouri
Evo lte will not work on t mobiles network from what I read. They are different frequencies.

**** Apple, I won't buy anymore of their products. They delayed the release of a better phone.

NissanNick

Jun 12, 2011
Well if the lte does not roll out like they say it will... Or they dump unlimited data.. I will pay the etf and then sell the phone on eBay... That way I can get on tmobil or ever is cheaper... My bill is like 130 a month on sprint and my gf pays around 100 after everything... Now that only 5gb of data but still more than enough for me...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Saneless One

Mar 31, 2011
What do you get with 130? With mobile to mobile minutes being free, I barely get to 100 on my plan and pay about 80 a month