Some mess with bootstack and rom change

Search This thread

RealPsygnosis

Oct 1, 2008
Taranto
OnePlus 7T
Hi guys, I've buy the lg g2 d802 just yesterday.
I really want to try miui v7.
So I've downgrade lollipop to kk trough kdz and everything goes fine. now starts the problems.
I cannot find a good tool to root and I use a one click root + twrp that root the phone fine but when it ask me to reboot to download mode, it stuck at finding new port.
but beside that the phone was rooted (i've check that with root checker).
Then I really don't find any tool or guide to install TWRP recovery, and so I have to install autorec for KitKat. that is the only tool that works for me (twrp manager doesn't work).
So I install with twrp miui v7 gtbluesky.
But many apps don't work, such as camera.
Somewhere I've read that autorec for kitkat downgrade the bootloader to JB and miui needs KK bootloader, maybe is this the problem?
can you advice me a good tool for root and install twrp on G2? So I can have KK bootstack and install miui?
thank you a lot in advance and sorry for noob question

raptorddd

Jun 13, 2013
culiacan
Hi guys, I've buy the lg g2 d802 just yesterday.
I really want to try miui v7.
So I've downgrade lollipop to kk trough kdz and everything goes fine. now starts the problems.
I cannot find a good tool to root and I use a one click root + twrp that root the phone fine but when it ask me to reboot to download mode, it stuck at finding new port.
but beside that the phone was rooted (i've check that with root checker).
Then I really don't find any tool or guide to install TWRP recovery, and so I have to install autorec for KitKat. that is the only tool that works for me (twrp manager doesn't work).
So I install with twrp miui v7 gtbluesky.
But many apps don't work, such as camera.
Somewhere I've read that autorec for kitkat downgrade the bootloader to JB and miui needs KK bootloader, maybe is this the problem?
can you advice me a good tool for root and install twrp on G2? So I can have KK bootstack and install miui?
thank you a lot in advance and sorry for noob question

1. if you on KK use towelroot.
2.use autoreck for KK to install twrp.
3.update twrp with blastagator thermal 2.8.7.3 when installing do a reboot into recovery to boo into new twrp.
if you installing a rom that new KK bootstacks bumped download your variant here.
http://xdaforums.com/lg-g2/development/lg-g2-bootstacks-t3173715

RealPsygnosis

Oct 1, 2008
Taranto
OnePlus 7T