[TOOL] Android ADB and Fastboot MSI installer with PATH variable

Search This thread

ajua

Nov 5, 2010
Description

After always having to search for the latest versions of Android's ADB and Fastboot tools instead of downloading the whole Android SDK for just 1 mb in a few files, I decided to make my own MSI installer using the latest versions of ADB and Fastboot.

You can install it wherever you want and it will work from any path in the command prompt. The installer will append the installation folder location to the system PATH variable, allowing you to run ADB or Fastboot without you having to change the command prompt path to where they are installed.

This installer is 32-bit and 64-bit compatible.

Usage

The default installation path is C:\ADB so you can easily add your flashable files in there.

After installing Android ADB Fastboot you can open a command prompt and type adb or fastboot commands right away, you don't need to change paths. Keep in mind that you need admin privileges, though.

To open a command prompt with administrator rights on Windows 8, just right click on the bottom left corner of the screen or use the Win+X shortcut and then click on Command Prompt (Admin).

If you have Windows 7 or Vista, the quickest way to do it is to type CMD on the Start Menu search box and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter instead of just pressing Enter.

Requisites

You need to have ADB Debugging under Developer Options on your device. You also need the drivers for every device you want to use with ADB installed and working.

You can type adb devices on a command prompt. If your device is listed, the drivers are working and good to go for ADB and Fastboot use.

Download

I will always check the ADB version whenever a new Android SDK is released and I will update my installer when needed.

The download link and screenshots are on my website.

http://rubenalamina.mx/custom-installers/android-adb-fastboot/

Latest version of the installer: 1.5 (ADB 1.0.36) updated on 2016.09.21

Last edited:
May 28, 2014
no matter what i do it stills says ABD is not reconizedf as an internal or external command. i even downloaded the whole stinking dev kit to make sure nothing missing in these little installers. made sure that a path was put still dose NOT work :/. and yes im running cmd prompt as adminastrator.

ajua

Nov 5, 2010
no matter what i do it stills says ABD is not reconizedf as an internal or external command. i even downloaded the whole stinking dev kit to make sure nothing missing in these little installers. made sure that a path was put still dose NOT work :/. and yes im running cmd prompt as adminastrator.
Have you tried running it from the C:\ADB path just in case? Maybe try PowerShell instead of the command prompt. I don't really know what else you can try if even the SDK is not working for you.

May 28, 2014
Have you tried running it from the C:\ADB path just in case? Maybe try PowerShell instead of the command prompt. I don't really know what else you can try if even the SDK is not working for you.
yes ive been trying both Shift open command prompt here, and aslso left click run as adminastrator and CD c:/abd both still says abd not reconized.

ajua

Nov 5, 2010
yes ive been trying both Shift open command prompt here, and aslso left click run as adminastrator and CD c:/abd both still says abd not reconized.
Try using PowerShell. Also, see if you are able to run the ADB that comes with the SDK but run it from the folder where it is located.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description

After always having to search for the latest versions of Android's ADB and Fastboot tools instead of downloading the whole Android SDK for just 1 mb in a few files, I decided to make my own MSI installer using the latest versions of ADB and Fastboot.

You can install it wherever you want and it will work from any path in the command prompt. The installer will append the installation folder location to the system PATH variable, allowing you to run ADB or Fastboot without you having to change the command prompt path to where they are installed.

This installer is 32-bit and 64-bit compatible.

Usage

The default installation path is C:\ADB so you can easily add your flashable files in there.

After installing Android ADB Fastboot you can open a command prompt and type adb or fastboot commands right away, you don't need to change paths. Keep in mind that you need admin privileges, though.

To open a command prompt with administrator rights on Windows 8, just right click on the bottom left corner of the screen or use the Win+X shortcut and then click on Command Prompt (Admin).

If you have Windows 7 or Vista, the quickest way to do it is to type CMD on the Start Menu search box and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter instead of just pressing Enter.

Requisites

You need to have ADB Debugging under Developer Options on your device. You also need the drivers for every device you want to use with ADB installed and working.

You can type adb devices on a command prompt. If your device is listed, the drivers are working and good to go for ADB and Fastboot use.

Download

I will always check the ADB version whenever a new Android SDK is released and I will update my installer when needed.

The download link and screenshots are on my website.

http://rubenalamina.mx/custom-installers/android-adb-fastboot/

Latest version of the installer: 1.5 (ADB 1.0.36) updated on 2016.09.21
    Installer updated to version 1.2 with the new ADB and Fastboot included in Android SDK 23.0.2.
    Installer updated to version 1.3 based on the Android SDK 24.0.2.