Where is CWM 6.0.4.4?

Search This thread

countercharge

Dec 20, 2013
I'm trying to install carbonrom on my I777, but the guide tells me to install CWM 6.0.4.4. I cannot find the zip for this recovery anywhere on this forum (at least for this phone). The thread provides a link to 6.0.4.5 for a different version of the S2, but no link for 6.0.4.4. Where is this zip located?

And yes, I have searched. I can only find this CWM for other phones, but not the i777.

desteele

Apr 8, 2011
I'm trying to install carbonrom on my I777, but the guide tells me to install CWM 6.0.4.4. I cannot find the zip for this recovery anywhere on this forum (at least for this phone). The thread provides a link to 6.0.4.5 for a different version of the S2, but no link for 6.0.4.4. Where is this zip located?

And yes, I have searched. I can only find this CWM for other phones, but not the i777.

Pretty sure you can use Brett's Shift Kernel (CWM Version) for what you want.

cyril279

Jun 3, 2013
The OP mentions that you need to use a specific recovery, but the fact that the recovery for the i777 is a part of the kernel is not as explicitly mentioned.

Desteele has directed you a kernel that includes an appropriate recovery to install any android 4.4.x firmware.

Happy Flashing

Rhaegon

Jun 23, 2013
mowned.com
SGH-i777 shift kernel

The OP mentions that you need to use a specific recovery, but the fact that the recovery for the i777 is a part of the kernel is not as explicitly mentioned.

Desteele has directed you a kernel that includes an appropriate recovery to install any android 4.4.x firmware.

Happy Flashing

Is it possible to get your advice on my next step cyril279? I came from Aocp with CWM-based Recovery v6.0.5.0. Started at http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2-att/development/rom-carbonrom-sgh-i777-sgh-959g-t2845008 but could not find the CWM - 6.0.4.4+ he spoke, of only links for the SGH-S959G so I flashed from Sd card using CWM-based Recovery v6.0.5.0 It was stuck at load screen but i rebooted and finally got the Rom had 1 or 2 random reboots but seems fine now. But i think i did it wrong and want to clean things up a bit, after hours of reading seems this might be best way. I followed desteele link here is what im going to flash.

cyril279

Jun 3, 2013
Your content is okay, but the order should be changed. The goal is to do all of your cleaning BEFORE you flash any firmware.

1. kernel cleaner
  2. rom wipe
  3. carbon
  4. shift kernel
  5. GApps

edit: realized that your screenshot files were alphabetically sorted, not intended flash order...

Is it possible to get your advice on my next step cyril279? I came from Aocp with CWM-based Recovery v6.0.5.0. Started at http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2-att/development/rom-carbonrom-sgh-i777-sgh-959g-t2845008 but could not find the CWM - 6.0.4.4+ he spoke, of only links for the SGH-S959G so I flashed from Sd card using CWM-based Recovery v6.0.5.0 It was stuck at load screen but i rebooted and finally got the Rom had 1 or 2 random reboots but seems fine now. But i think i did it wrong and want to clean things up a bit, after hours of reading seems this might be best way. I followed desteele link here is what im going to flash.

Last edited:

desteele

Apr 8, 2011
Your content is okay, but the order should be changed. The goal is to do all of your cleaning BEFORE you flash any firmware.

1. kernel cleaner
  2. rom wipe
  3. carbon
  4. shift kernel
  5. GApps

edit: realized that your screenshot files were alphabetically sorted, not intended flash order...

What exactly does "Kernel Cleaner" do? If I'm going to do a clean install, I usually use Cook's ROM wipe, but that's it...

cyril279

Jun 3, 2013
My understanding is that the kernel cleaner is used specifically when you want to retain your current firmware installation, and create a clean-slate for kernel installation.

I don't think that it is helpful at all when used WITH the Rom Wipe, which itself formats all of the partitions that store any kernel stuff.

[...]
COOK'S ROM WIPE
This one formats system, preload, data, and cache. For a FRESH install.
[...]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COOK'S KERNEL CLEANER
This one does everything needed for a clean install of the latest AJK Kernel. Wipes cache, dalvik cache, resets STweaks profile, and fixes permissions.
[...]

What exactly does "Kernel Cleaner" do? If I'm going to do a clean install, I usually use Cook's ROM wipe, but that's it...

Rhaegon

Jun 23, 2013
mowned.com
Success

My understanding is that the kernel cleaner is used specifically when you want to retain your current firmware installation, and create a clean-slate for kernel installation.

I don't think that it is helpful at all when used WITH the Rom Wipe, which itself formats all of the partitions that store any kernel stuff.

Noted, Done! Perfection! Zero FCs, Zero random reboots, and Zero Gapps issues! I usually have something go wrong on every Rom, but this was a success. Apparently I had garbage left over that could not be wiped from my recovery menu until I used http://d-h.st/szN
Thanks again!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Pretty sure you can use Brett's Shift Kernel (CWM Version) for what you want.

Happy Flashing

1. kernel cleaner
    2. rom wipe
    3. carbon
    4. shift kernel
    5. GApps

[...]
    COOK'S ROM WIPE
    This one formats system, preload, data, and cache. For a FRESH install.
    [...]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    COOK'S KERNEL CLEANER
    This one does everything needed for a clean install of the latest AJK Kernel. Wipes cache, dalvik cache, resets STweaks profile, and fixes permissions.
    [...]