Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

My RMA Experience....

40 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By DanteEx, Member on 20th February 2012, 09:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I sent off my Asus Transformer Prime for several reasons.. Screen Bleeding, wifi and bluetooth issues, and a faulty connection between the prime and the dock, which resulted in the buttons only working 50% of the time, constant ejecting of the extra battery and SD card slot.

Now I live in the UK and there is no service centre here, so we have to send it to the Czech Republic to get serviced. I shipped it via UPS over a month ago and it arrived safely in the warehouse there. After the first week. I wonder why I haven't received word on anything about my device. I somehow stumble across an RMA status I was never told about. I see it as 'Repairing'.. after two weeks I still see it as 'repairing', and I decide to email tech support. I get nothing.

So I email Gary Key. He asks if I live in the US, and I say no. He never replies. So I message Derek Li.. He was very helpful but said he had no way to contact the European branch of ASUS, so that email conversation ended quickly. I contact ASUS support again, and they tell me they're waiting for a wifi module. I go check my status the next day and it has changed to 'WB1'.. Two weeks pass and still it is waiting for a part.

To conclude.. I have waited almost 5 weeks for my tablet to be returned. I am now doubting I will ever get it back.

ASUS has pretty much have taken my tablet and not replaced it.

20th February 2012, 09:38 PM |#2  
Flag Irving, TX
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteEx

So I sent off my Asus Transformer Prime for several reasons.. Screen Bleeding, wifi and bluetooth issues, and a faulty connection between the prime and the dock, which resulted in the buttons only working 50% of the time, constantly ejecting of the extra battery and SD card slot.

Now I live in the UK and there is no service centre here, so we have to send it to the Czech Republic to get serviced. I shipped it via UPS over a month ago and it arrived safely in the warehouse there. After the first week. I wonder why I haven't received word on anything about my device. I somehow stumble across an RMA status I was never told about. I see it as 'Repairing'.. after two weeks I still see it as 'repairing', and I decide to email tech support. I get nothing.

So I email Gary Key. He asks if I live in the US, and I say no. He never replies. So I message Derek Li.. He was very helpful but said he had no way to contact the European branch of ASUS, so that email conversation ended quickly. I contact ASUS support again, and they tell me they're waiting for a wifi module. I go check my status the next day and it has changed to 'WB1'.. Two weeks pass and still it is waiting for a part.

To conclude.. I have waited almost 5 weeks for my tablet to return. I am now doubting I will ever get it back.

ASUS has pretty much taken my tablet and not replaced it.

Correct. 10char
20th February 2012, 09:44 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Canterbury

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamberc

Correct. 10char

10char? I am a little confused by this comment.
20th February 2012, 09:45 PM |#4  
Dallas / Ft worth
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteEx

10char? I am a little confused by this comment.

10char just means that he needed to type 10char to breach the 10 character limit
20th February 2012, 09:47 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Canterbury

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juntistik

10char just means that he needed to type 10char to breach the 10 character limit

Thanks. That makes sense now .
20th February 2012, 11:17 PM |#6  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Where do you find the RMA status? Sent mine back today, hope it won't take too long to return it though!

Cheers.
20th February 2012, 11:24 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Canterbury

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chistery

Where do you find the RMA status? Sent mine back today, hope it won't take too long to return it though!

Cheers.

http://support.asus.com/repair/repai...x?SLanguage=en

Just go here and select your country, and follow all the directions.
The Following User Says Thank You to DanteEx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DanteEx Ad-Free
21st February 2012, 12:14 AM |#8  
Flag London

More
Thanks!
21st February 2012, 12:24 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
FWIW, I RMAed mine to the U.S. service center in Texas for the post-ICS random-reboot problem. It just sat with no status change, so I called them back after their quoted "14 business days" period had expired and complained about the delay. A few days later, they shipped me out a replacement (came from California).

Overall from the day I sent it to when I got it back was just over 4 calendar weeks.
21st February 2012, 01:38 AM |#10  

More
Exclamation UPS Paid RMA return can Take A While !
I called to get my RMA number and was delighted to learn that my unit was going to a city in the same province in Canada that I live. They told me that they would issue instructions on one e-mail (RMA #, address, packing, etc) and a prepaid UPS tag on a second e-mail.

First e-mail came and I followed the instructions then waited a week for the UPS collect e-mail info. I called the support group and they stated that they only pay the return shipping. Figuring old age is setting in - I arranged to send the unit in myself.

Of course three days after the unit is shipped - I get an e-mail with a UPS tag addressed and ready to print.

Oh, well - at least I get it back faster but to those who are offered prepaid - it does take a little bit of a wait from the first e-mail.
21st February 2012, 06:47 PM |#11  
Flag London

More
In the UK, UPS arrived with a pre-printed address label. It was picked up yesterday afternoon and today it arrived at Asus and is now showing as being repaired. Hopefully it won't take too long.

So all good so far.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
repairing, rma, status, tablet, wifi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)