[Q] Can I take 1920x1080 pictures?

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By jepcar, Junior Member on 1st August 2011, 01:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello ,

Is it possible to set resolution to 1920x1080 for the camera pictures? I want to see them on my LG display. I am using stock , unrooted. Thanks in advance.
1st August 2011, 02:06 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
no you cannot

1920x1080 are a 16:9 video resolution, not a picture resolution
Pictures are allways shot in a 4:3 aspect ratio
For pictures you can select 8mpixels (3264x2448) or 5mpixels (2560x1920) or 3mpixels (2048x1536) or 2mpixels (1600x1200) or less
1st August 2011, 02:30 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Thank you , but I have a photo camera that can shot pics in 16:9 , so i thought that the aspect can be overwritten on this phone too. Some other opinions though?
1st August 2011, 03:06 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Maybe if you're willing to install CM7, it may be possible to tweak some files a bit to get the desired effect
1st August 2011, 03:27 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
George , can you please be more specific?
1st August 2011, 04:23 PM |#6  
Flag Göteborg
Thanks Meter: 308

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jepcar

George , can you please be more specific?

He means that if you install another rom on your phone you _might_ be able to set the camera resolution somewhere in it. :P
I would try to google for another camera app in your place. (Have you tried downloading any from the market, maybe some of them can crop images to the right size directly?)
2nd August 2011, 09:09 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
I haven't found one yet. I have tried all camera apps from the market and none of them worked....Maybe someone can help me a little more , please ?
2nd August 2011, 11:37 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
There are no camera apps for Android that can take pictures in that resolution.
Your photo camera that does it, cant really either - all it does is crop the picture afterwards in software, but the picture itself is taken natively in 4:3 aspect
There are no camera apps for Android that offer that option, so we cant really help you with that part.

If you want pictures in that resolution (or rather in 16:9 aspect) you will have to crop them yourself using a picture editor after they are taken. There are a number of photo editors for Android that will crop pictures on your phone, for instance "Photo Enhance" which will let you crop pictures in different fixed aspect ratios, including 16:9 widescreen. You need the paid version to save pictures in high resolution.

https://market.android.com/details?i...from_developer

Else try and look at some of the other editors - heres a list of some

http://www.web3mantra.com/2011/07/06...photo-editing/

PS: You can offcource also crop and resize your pictures using a picture editor on your computer and then transfer them back to the phone again after cropping and resizing
13th September 2017, 10:22 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have a camera that takes picture in 1920x1080. It is a Samsung DV150F. They are 8 MB look good on my new TV monitor.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jepcar

Hello ,

Is it possible to set resolution to 1920x1080 for the camera pictures? I want to see them on my LG display. I am using stock , unrooted. Thanks in advance.

I have a camera that takes picture in 1920x1080. It is a Samsung DV150F. They are 8 MB look good on my new TV monitor. Full Screen
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
question

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)