[Q] Signature Verification Failed

Search This thread

starbury

Mar 27, 2012
Auckland
I'm using windows xp SP3 with all the drivers installed and I have downloaded the lumia 800's firmware through nokia datapackage manager.

I have followed a guide to debrand or flash a dead lumia by renaming the files and creating the folders 817. When i create the folder rm-817 the NCS product tool didn't detect it for me so i went with the rm-819. I've ranamed the files to my product name and everything went through find apart from the error before it started flashing under recovery mode. Signature verification error.

Has anyone encountered this before with the lumia 800?? If so please guide me to a work around, any help at all will be much appreciated.:D

_Madmatt

Jul 3, 2009
This is because of the locke bootloader. You cannot flash custom ROMs. The bootloader will check the signature of the ROM, and won't flash it if it's a custom ROM.

fengjch127

Aug 22, 2011
hangzhou
This is because of the locke bootloader. You cannot flash custom ROMs. The bootloader will check the signature of the ROM, and won't flash it if it's a custom ROM.

yep,it simply means you can not flash this rom.........
you can try an other stock rom,heard about that Singapore's rom is the best one,it contains Nokia music and it is always the first rom gets updated